Godzilla Movie

What do you want Godzilla to look like in Godzilla 2014?

2537 Views24 Replies
Forum Topic

MrHeiseiGodzilla89

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-27-2013 12:08 AM
What do you want Godzilla to look like in Godzilla 2014? What i want him to look like is to be the Heisei Godzilla. Why? Because i grew up with the Heisei Era and he is the best looking desgins yet, yes ive seen all of the eras but i LOVE the Heisei Godzilla the most, in fact, i would want Godzilla to look like either the 1989 Godzilla from Godzilla vs. Biollante: [img]http://www.jffh.de/wp-content/uploads/2012/films/godzilla_vs_biollante_gal01.jpg[/img] Or the 1991 Godzilla from Godzilla vs. King Gidorah: [img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110422054417/godzilla/images/3/37/Godzilla91.jpg[/img] Post in the reply/comment section of what YOU want Godzilla to look like in Godzilla 2014.
24 Replies

godzilla96

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-27-2013 2:17 AM
i would like the Godzilla from Tokyo S.O.S
G96

GFAN198423

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-01-2013 11:22 AM
For me, the suits to imitate overall are '54, '84 or '89. For me what's important in a Godzilla design is a sense of size to feel his destructive force. For me, those 3 films are the only times the suit has really looked and felt like it had a mass. It's also key to have a quality roar too, which I feel each of those films had, plus they used SFX for his footsteps which is also key. I like Godzilla to look massive, nothing sleek. While some of the heads of the Showa era looked really good, the bodies always looked to skin and too man in suit, and some of the things they did after '91 just didn't work. I also like more organic looking spines, not such a fan of what they did from 2000 on, I like the idea that because Godzilla's a mutation, the spines are a bone growth. The crystal looking spines just feel too fake, they look cool, but just don't seem appropriate. I also think a long tail is important, and the 2 dominant fangs.

GodzillaFanatic1993

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-02-2013 2:10 PM
i love the older style Godzilla as much as the next fan but i think Big G has looked the same for a bit to long i would like to see something new. i enjoy the newer style of Godzilla like the 2000 Godzilla. i think because the the nuclear radioactive mutation since he can harness the nuclear energy and focus it into a beam he needs some sort of ability to harmoniously control the radiation and therefor needs the crystal structure of the spines to control the immense amounts of radioactive energy. i mean if you remember the movie when Godzilla fights Orga you can remember that they found some samples to test and they discovered that Godzilla had an incredible healing ability, and why not the ability to evolve many times quicker than any other creature to be able to adapt to his new found powers given to him from the Radiation.

GodzillaFanatic1993

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-02-2013 2:10 PM
either way i am very excited for what is to come and can not wait for the movie! i feel my childhood coming back!

Ralph Preedy

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-04-2013 12:05 AM
I would like to see a mix of the '54 and "89 versions but FRIGHTENING and huge!!! I pray they keep his iconic "roar". I like both the "54" and "89" versions!! I am hoping to be "wowed" when I see the film! You don't get to see Godzilla on the big screen too often!!! Please don't give the fans anything that looks like an iguana mixed with a T-Rex because it is NOT Godzilla!!! Let's hope WB and Legendary Pictures get this right!!!

MrHeiseiGodzilla89

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-05-2013 3:17 PM
I just dont think the Godzilla in Godzilla 2000 are right, yes because it doesnt look appropiate, even the Dorsal Fins arent right for me, thats why i like the Heisei more better, plus, the 89 and 91 have that "AWSOME ROAR" which makes me stand out.

GFAN198423

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-05-2013 5:01 PM
I agree. Godzilla's '54 design and sound defined the character. Much like a comic book, there's room for different artist interpretations, but there are some core things to capture. The '54 Godzilla conveys mass and power through his look and sound, and that got lost from '55 to through '75. IN '84, they wanted to reach back to his origins and I think they did so very well and the suit blended the finer attributes of all the suits before it. Wisely, they returned to his original roars. If you see the Japanese cut of Gojira, the main '84 roar actually was created back then, they only used it once, but it's there. The '89 Godzilla was a big revamp of Godzilla's look, but it still had that presence to it, and I really like that they took the '84 main roar, kept it, but also added to it giving the end of it a bit of an animal quality that was lacking in Ifukube's strings roar from '54. For me, '54 Godzilla is the standard, that's what he was envisioned to be when he was created, and I feel you shouldn't deviate far from that. I really hope Godzilla 2014 embodies those qualities and adheres to his origins. It'd be awesome if they used those same roars too. I know it won't happen, but I really wish we could get a movie using Stan Winston's Godzilla, I thought he did a perfect job of Americanizing the design, still has the look and feel of Toho Godzilla but presents it with the American need to give a more realistic look borrowing textures and designs from real lizards.

zombie-goji

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-06-2013 5:17 AM
big and angry as F***

chrisisall

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-07-2013 3:56 PM
A mix of the Showa & Heisei eras would be nice...

draco491

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-11-2013 12:11 AM
i kinda want it to be godzilla jr. from the heisei series after resurrection

GFAN198423

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-11-2013 12:22 PM
One thing I liked about G95 was that the suit went back to the '89/'91 look as far as spikes and body proportions, though it's more like that suit on steroids. I just don't like what they did with his look from '92 to '94. G junior's resurrection look is great.

Erik Cornell

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-14-2013 2:02 PM
Apparently Akira Takarada has seen the design while working on the film. From what I remember, he told Bob Eggleton that is was "tall, very thin, millenniumish spikes, and extra arm spikes". A lot of people are comparing this description to the design on the right: [URL=http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/ErikBCornell/media/godzilla_partner_by_cheungchungtat-d5oekzu_zps9d095017.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o747/ErikBCornell/godzilla_partner_by_cheungchungtat-d5oekzu_zps9d095017.jpg[/IMG][/URL] Bob Eggleton, after hearing Takarada's description, imagined something like a meaner version of the Tokyo S.O.S. design. I believe I've heard that Bob Eggleton also mentioned that he had seen some early concept art for Godzilla a while back. From what I've heard, he said it had a burning/fissioning look and a head similar to the fake bust that was floating around the internet a few days ago. In my head, I'm picturing something similar to this: [URL=http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/ErikBCornell/media/godzilla_apocalyptic_by_wogzilla-d45t9wa_zps8f7f2db8.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o747/ErikBCornell/godzilla_apocalyptic_by_wogzilla-d45t9wa_zps8f7f2db8.jpg[/IMG][/URL] But with the dark colors and jagged textures of the first pic I posted. I'd actually be pretty happy with that. Really hoping we get a good look at Godzilla's final design at Comic Con next weekend.

GFAN198423

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-15-2013 12:59 PM
[img]http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2880/9294936192_112e440de1_o.jpg[/img] First official hint at what G will look like, Comic Con 2013 poster released today, I'm getting excited that it at least has a classic Godzilla feel, even if they're millennium style spikes.

beefjerky1

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-25-2013 5:36 PM
i want him to either have his 90's look or how he looked in godzilla: final wars

Doughhh

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-29-2013 7:35 PM
Heisei plz

Epic A

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-06-2013 9:09 AM
I would prefer the 2004 final wars godzilla

Mecha-Godzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-06-2013 9:47 AM
I liked the Heisei looks too but i would like a 1991 mixed with a bit of Godzilla against Mechagodzilla

Epic A

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-06-2013 10:24 AM
Anything but the 1999 godzilla the 90's or final wars

Epic A

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-06-2013 10:26 AM
90's or final wars godzilla

G-Fan_Toho

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-06-2013 11:05 AM
The late 60's and 70's is the best Godzilla. He had attitude and a personality. He would taunt the other monsters and would celebrate his victories. his patented mouth wipe taunt is my favorite.

BiollanteTitanosaurusfan

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-22-2013 3:50 PM
I want how he looked in Final wars, GMK, or Tokyo S.O.S.

noway123

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-25-2013 4:24 AM
[img]http://www.scifinow.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/godzilla1954c.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.scifinow.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/gmkall.jpg[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/8OQoMq2.jpg[/img] these combined A realistic look would be perfect for this movie fuk the other godzilla concept art on this movie it would suck to see it in the movie

noway123

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-25-2013 4:27 AM
PLEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gojira2014

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-30-2013 10:47 PM
Godzilla2000 and zilla to geter in one that would be epic say i for you like it
Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Xenotaris
Xenotaris » Gigan
87% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
74% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums