Godzilla Movie

which godzilla movie had the best special effects?

6474 Views17 Replies
Forum Topic

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonAug-16-2013 3:36 PM
hey guys tell me what godzilla movie you thought had the best special effects to it? to name what i thought was the best i would have to pick between godzilla vs mechagodzilla 2 or godzilla vs biollante

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

17 Replies

i_is_a_honar_student

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-16-2013 5:09 PM
Not counting the Godzilla Cameo in Always Sunset on 3rd Street 2, it's no doubt Godzilla Final Wars. The CGI was amazing for a Godzilla movie. The transformation of Monster X to Ghidorah was epic and Zilla, as stupid as he is, looked pretty good for Toho Standards. The monsters looked good as always and the sets were decent (though sometimes the miniatures looked poor).

Godzilla 2001

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-16-2013 5:09 PM
Godzilla vs King Ghidorah or Godzilla vs Mecha-Godzilla (Gojira tai MekaGojira

Spi3000

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-16-2013 6:18 PM
I have to say Godzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack might of been the best in special effects. I mean there are a lot of films that have good effects already like Vs. Biollante and Godzilla 2000. But GMK is like putting everything Toho had in their arsenal and just go BOOM with it. Final Wars did that, but not enough in special effects wise. Sure lasers everywhere, kung fu fighting, Aliens, wires, transformation. But there's one thing GMK did that Final Wars didn't, you not only saw Godzilla being Godzilla, but the casualties he takes when he's on land and destroying buildings. For example, the first time Godzilla attack was when he steps on a small house, the people you see in the house were all joking about Godzilla and saying how cool it be if he was a pet, but then earthquake appears, lady looks out window, screams, zoom-out, and BAM Godzilla steps on the house. And it's not the only time you see people getting injured or killed by Godzilla like that, let alone by the other monsters. It's something you don't see a lot in the films, you know people get hurt and killed but you never think how or when (unless it involves the army vehicles).

FatherGodzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-16-2013 8:29 PM
Godzilla: Final Wars had the best special effects for a Godzilla movie. The spaceship, all of the monsters, the explosions, the action, the mini spaceships and Godzilla's atomic breathe all looked amazing for a Godzilla movie and for a Japanese movie

DialgaMarine

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-16-2013 11:45 PM
GMK, I think. I just enjoyed Godzilla's appearance and how was much more natural, like an animal, than any other Godzilla.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaAug-17-2013 1:45 AM
This is an interesting question because I feel like it needs to be asked by the decade. I mean, is it really fair to compare the Millennium movies with the 60s films? Furthermore, if Eiji Tsuburaya were still alive I have a feeling the special effects would be even better than what we've seen in the series so far. For craft, effort and overall polish of previous techniques I think [i]Mothra vs. Godzilla[/i] had some of the best effects in the series. As far as the modern look goes, [i]Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah[/i] is probably the best-- easily the best of the millennium series anyway. For animatronic technique goes, [i]Godzilla vs. Biollante[/i] is probably pretty high up there as well. I'd vote that the best of the Heisei series at least. It's a hard question to answer. I'd probably need to think about it more and answer by the decade.
"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

KiryuGoji

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-17-2013 5:04 AM
I'd say either GMK or Final Wars.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonAug-17-2013 8:24 AM
hello guys thanks for telling me what you guys thought had the best special effects in it @GMAN2887 to be honest with you i meant the whole era of films from the classic eiji tsubaraya special effects to koichi kawakita's special effects and the millenium series with kenji suzuki and all the others now to get down to business the greatest special effects movies in all catagories the showa series with out a doubt DESTROY ALL MONSTERS the heisie sereis THERE IS A DRAW GODZILLA VS MECHAGODZILLA 2 AND GODZILLA VS DESTROYAH and last but not least the millenium series I WOULD HAVE TO SAY FINAL WARS OR GMK but come on guys gmk is so highly over rated for a film isnt it?

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

-Treveasy-

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-17-2013 12:40 PM
Zilla had the best effects even tho it sucked as a godzilla movie

-Treveasy-

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-17-2013 12:41 PM
Zilla had the best effects even tho it sucked as a godzilla movie

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaAug-17-2013 1:06 PM
@BigBadBen I'm afraid I don't quite understand. Are you saying you want us to choose one movie in the series as a whole or choose a movie from the separate eras just as you did in your last post here? If it's the later I'll try my hand: [b]Showa Series[/b] - [i]Mothra vs. Godzilla[/i]. Incredible miniatures and craft, amazing suits and puppetry and wonderful opticals. Tsuburaya was a true master. [b]Heisei Series[/b] - [i]Godzilla vs. Biollante[/i]. It barely beats out [i]The Return of Godzilla[/i], but wins over due to some wonderful animatronic work and some very consistent miniature and costume work. I also dug the flashiness Kawikata used in this movie. But he started overusing it in the rest of the series. I think the special effects started going downhill after this one. [b]Millennium Series[/b] - [i]Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah[/i]. There are some minor visual flaws, but overall it was the most consistent and appealing of this series. The CGI was fairly well done, the miniatures were probably the best of the series and I really enjoyed some of the perspective shots that made Godzilla look truly huge. (From a car window, from inside a building...etc...) GMK might be a little overrated, but it's still the best of the Millennium movies in my book. On another note, I don't understand some of the praise [i]Final Wars[/i]' effects are getting here. I thought for the most part that movie featured some pretty inconsistent and shoddy effects work. The CGI was pretty awful and the miniatures were the least detailed of the millennium movies. Wasn't a fan of most of the suits either. Shots of the tanks and the Antarctica set looked particularly bad.
"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonAug-17-2013 1:13 PM
@GMAN2887 To answer your question yes i meant for you guys to pick one from each era sorry i wasnt clearer on that my bad i had computer problems but yes like in my last post i was hoping for each of you to pick one from the SHOWA SERIES THE HEISEI AND THE MILLENIUM again im sorry i wasnt clearer on that i thank god i have alot of godzilla fans out there like me that i can talk to about certain movies

RAMmodule

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-17-2013 4:14 PM
I would say godzilla 1999. allthough nobody liked that movie. I give it a kudos for special effects.

TheDude

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-17-2013 4:55 PM
For the Heisei films Godzilla 1985-Godzilla vs. King Ghidora were the best. I mean in the 1984 film when he burned the military at the dock was cool. You see a soldier on fire, etc. Showa films, Godzilla 1954, vs. Mothra 1964, and Destroy all Monsters were good. The 1954 film for its documentary like tone in some scenes as well as the scene when Godzilla first uses his heat ray on the steel electrical towers. It looked so real at the time.

Dr. Professor Kaiju Man

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-20-2013 1:11 PM
[b]Showa[/b] - For me it's a tie between [i]Mothra vs. Godzilla[/i] and [i]Terror Of MechaGodzilla[/i]. The effects were pretty amazing for their time in both movies. The pyrotechnics were great in [i]TOMG[/i]. [b]Heisei[/b] - To be honest, I'm not sure. I don't watch the Heisei series much. My VCR is broken and most of my Heisei films are on VHS and I lost my [i]Godzilla vs. Spacegodzilla/Godzilla vs. Destroyah[/i] double feature DVD. :/ [b]Millenium[/b] - Probably either [i]GMK[/i] or [i]Tokyo S.O.S[/i]. Both have some pretty great effects, minus The Godzilla suit being very stiff in the Kiryu films.

dragonfire51

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-20-2013 4:32 PM
all of them

Darker

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-06-2015 4:40 PM

Final Wars, no doubt.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Monsterzero9
Monsterzero9 » Anguirus
77% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
72% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
BigGMonsterMan
BigGMonsterMan » Baragon
33% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums