Godzilla Movie

Godzilla Trailer to Appear During Hobbit

1984 Views31 Replies
Forum Topic

Kaijusaurus

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-03-2013 7:48 PM
This post says Warner Brothers will release the trailer during The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. [url=https://mobile.twitter.com/movie_maniac_/status/397085156487340032]Link here, clicky click click[/url] *link assist by Freeze!
31 Replies

Durp004

MemberBaragonNov-03-2013 8:03 PM
Not sure how credible that person is, and there's no source, so still on the fence of how legitimate that is.

kaijufan2014

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-03-2013 8:04 PM
GOOOOOOOOOD only 1 more month to wait

True American Godzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-03-2013 8:05 PM
Cool! Thanks for the info.

I believe in Jesus Christ, who's my Lord and Savior.

John 3:16, Job 41:1-34, Leviticus 18:22

kaijufan2014

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-03-2013 8:09 PM
Well, if it's from WB well maybe it is official

Kaijusaurus

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-03-2013 8:12 PM
@DURPOO4 While the source might not be credible. It's highly likely they might release a trailer. Not only is The Hobbit going to be big. But it's the perfect time to release a trailer.

FREEZE!

Co-AdminMemberMothra LarvaeNov-03-2013 9:03 PM
Guess I'll be going to see the Desolation of Smaug after all ;)
[url=http://www.madmax4-movie.com/]Visit the Mad Max: Fury Road Forums today![/url]

MiketheG7453

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-03-2013 9:11 PM
We'll see.....

MrAwesomeness360

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-03-2013 9:32 PM
Even though the person [b][i]POSSIBLY[/i][/b] shouldn't be credible, this might be the only lead we may have...MIGHT. Why he didn't just screencap Warner Bros.' response, which is [b][i]EXTREMELY IMPORTANT[/i][/b] if it's coming from WB's, I don't know.

xxsaberblackcrow

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-03-2013 9:58 PM
Well now i have to wait for a mouth too see the Godzilla trailer i just hope WB don't play another trick on us but im going to be fine with the Dec Godzilla trailer.

guyvers bane

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-03-2013 10:12 PM
Well I for one am pissed. They claim to wanna pay homage to Godzilla with this reboot, so a trailer release on his birthday, today that is, would have been the best way to do it! Its obvious they don't care about the franchise, just the money they can get out the fans. And I refuse to go see the hobbit just to see Godzilla. WB Will not get a cent out of me until the movie releases next year.

xxsaberblackcrow

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-03-2013 10:20 PM
It,s possible that they could release the Godzilla trailer for the hobbit movie in the internet too show the others if that's possible that would be awesome if they did but also don't get pissed at WB still legendary and WB are doing a pretty good job at this movie even no we still don't get the trailer today we can still celebrate Godzilla,s birthday

Kaijusaurus

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-03-2013 10:31 PM
@Guyvers Bane Oh boy. Where do I start with this one. First of all did Legendary ever say they were gonna release a trailer today? No they did not. Second of all they don't care about the franchise? You have got to be kidding me. Last but not least they instantly only care about the money because they didn't release a trailer today? That's the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. Sorry if saying this is against any rules but I had to call you out on this.

MrAwesomeness360

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-03-2013 10:48 PM
@GUYVERBS BANE Dude, hold your horses. 1. "They claim to wanna pay homage to Godzilla with this reboot..." They ARE paying homage to the original, and judging by the teaser that was leaked, it's a true homage. 2. " so a trailer release on his birthday, today that is..." Warner Bros. and Legendary had nothing to do with this, that was all a speculation and wishful thinking by fans because it could make sense to release a trailer on the day of Godzilla's b-day and a coincidence, but nobody from LP & WB ever said that, no official word from them. 3. "Its obvious they don't care about the franchise, just the money they can get out the fans." A) [b][i]TRISTAR[/i][/b] is the one who didn't care for the franchise and did their waste of film for money, Legendary DOES care for the franchise. [The rest in "B"] B) If Legendary didn't care, they wouldn't have made the Godzilla Encounter, which was built by fans for fans. If they didn't, then they would've never been interested in accepting the project in the first place, but they did, and Thomas Tull (CEO of Legendary) is a huge fan of Godzilla, which is a big advantage for the film. If they didn't care, then why did they actually got Godzilla's design right this time? 4. Here, something to calm your nerves. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=563841083683054&set=vb.100001715029317&type=3 This trailer shows Legendary DOES care for the character, the franchise, and the source material. We will have our faithful adaptation, but you need to be patient like everyone else. All good things will come with patience. PS, I'm Gman115, just changed my name to...[read name]

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaNov-03-2013 10:50 PM
The source is a film journalist/insider that probably attended the event in Italy. It sounds like he asked a WB representative there.
"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

xxsaberblackcrow

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-03-2013 11:19 PM
@Now everyone calm down okay 1 Gman115 your right tristar doesn't care about the Godzilla franchise. 2 The hole Nov 3 trailer thing was a rumor because Gman2887 said so how could you release a trailer on a weekend 3 we need too calm down dont blame legendary just because they didn't get a trailer for Nov 3 and also don't blame WB too 4 also we cant go over reacting just because the trailer will be shown when the hobbit comes out 5 and last but not least why should we get so mad about a trailer not going out on Nov 3 we should celebrate Godzilla,s 59th happy birthday and i don't mean all of you people that are mad about the trailer so over all im not mad about this.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaNov-04-2013 1:15 AM
"because Gman2887 said so" Man, if I had that kind of power I'd be watching the movie right now...
"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Gabriel Leite

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-04-2013 10:18 AM
Where are the Godzilla 2014 trailer? WB make a joke with us about Godzilla's trailer comes in november 3rd?

Kaijusaurus

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-04-2013 10:49 AM
@Gabriel Leite WB/Legendary NEVER said they were gonna release a trailer November 3rd. That was a rumor from this site.

Kyero

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-04-2013 12:16 PM
I will, as always, take information from this site with a grain of salt. As a fan created and maintained website, it is unreliable for information beyond what is already confirmed to be true such as pictures that go up, a poster or two, and perhaps an interview. When it comes to "predicting" information and other such aspects of soon to arrive movies, this site is rubbish. The fact that the fans help further the hype by misinterpreting information provided doesn't help much either. They November 3rd date was always fan speculation, and it even said as much on the article here on this site that it was so. Yet fans and other website members took it as truth and now are incredibly disappointed and pissed off.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaNov-04-2013 1:39 PM
^Exactly. I enjoy this site now and then, but I really wish it wouldn't post speculation and rumors for the sake of keeping things going. It get misinterpreted and the hype machine supplied by fans go from rumor to "fact" all too quickly.

Lyuztaven

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-04-2013 2:47 PM
I just hope WB doesn't screw up with the marketing campaign like they did with Pacific Rim. When Pacific Rim came out I barely saw any TV spots, trailers or advertisements at movie theaters, the campaign was so weak in comparison with that of Man of Steel or those of other movies made by other companies during and before summer (Oblivion, Iron Man 3, Wolverine). And what about the products realted to the movie (action figures, games, etc)? I've never seen a single one on sale at any store! Even though Pacific Rim was meant to be a blockbuster, and a mainstream movie, it was largely ignored by the media and it still is to this day, those who saw it (at least people I know) found about the movie in the internet mostly or saw it because the already were fans of Mecha, Kaiju or anime. These guys better not disappoint with the marketing campaign.

MiketheG7453

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-04-2013 5:01 PM
And that is exactly why I have no faith in the ability in WB to market these kind of movies. They already failed with Pacific Rim. And this movie isn't even gonna get a 6 month push like a summer blockbuster should...I feel sorry for LP and Gareth Edwards. I'm sure he is a bit disappointed in the fact that the general public still has no clue...

Gabriel Leite

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-04-2013 6:03 PM
Thanks @KAIJUSAURUS for the informmation... I still hope that movie will be a great movie.... I think Gareth will make a good job with the movie.... Still have a little fear that can desapoint all of us... but I have Faith in Godzilla and Gareth, because he said was a fan...

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaNov-04-2013 6:56 PM
Man, I'm getting really tired of all the mindless complaining over WB marketing the movie. Technically, only the internet populous know anything about [i]X-Men: Days of Future Past[/i] and [i]Captain America 2[/i]-- [i]Captain American 2[/i] is coming out a month earlier, so that makes sense. (And it's only getting a 5 month promotion. I don't see fans of that character acting like the sky is falling.) Meanwhile, the new [i]X-Men[/i] trailer is around simply because Fox has a lot riding on that movie and it's far more expensive than [i]Godzilla[/i]. But neither trailer have been released to theaters yet. And [i]The Amazing Spider-Man 2[/i] won't get a trailer until the same day [i]Godzilla[/i] does. (Assuming [i]The Hobbit[/i] rumors are true.) Warner Brothers also explained there would be an aggressive marketing campaign at the beginning of next year. All of this worrying about it and second guessing WB isn't proving or helping anything. If WB really is skimping out on the promotion we'll know by next April/May. But right now is still not the time to critique them. Right now it simply comes off as a great deal of whining.

Lyuztaven

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-04-2013 6:57 PM
@MIKETHEG7453 Even Pacific Rim began its marketing campaign 7 months in anticipation (since the release of the first trailer). I think WB should do a strong campaing that appeals more to mainstream audiences (perhaps focusing on the human and dramatic elements) rather than fans. I know a lot of guys disagree with this using classic phrases like "Hey! But this is a Godzilla movie!", "All I just care is about Godzilla, not the humans!" or "People will go watch Godzilla anyways", and I certainly agree, but that's excactly what happened to Pacific Rim, they appealed to the fans with all sorts of trailers filled with dubstep and crazy action sequences, yet, the box office was disappointing. The point is (and there's no big science behind it), they should try to attract those who are most unlikely to watch this film. Fans will go to see it anyways.

Lyuztaven

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-04-2013 7:22 PM
@GMAN2887 But you have to take into account that the movies you mentioned are sequels and also that these are superhero movies. Of course fans don't freak out because these are based on characters and stories that western audiences can easily relate to. We are talking about Kaiju movies here, which (as Pacific Rim proved) are something not really that popular outside of Asia. Some of us, as fans, freak out about it because the Kaiju genre is finally being brought to today's production standards and because it is finally being delivered to movie theaters around the world. I don't want to sound melodramatic but this isn't just a chance for Godzilla, it is also a chance for the whole genre. From this first wave of films (Pacific Rim and Godzilla) depends that we get more of this genre in the future... And who knows? Perhaps even other studios will get interested on producing Kaiju/Mecha films if Godzilla turns to be a huge success. Another matter that usually worries fans is that Godzilla's last "incarnation" in an American adaptation was nothing like the classic Godzlla, so people may be confused as to what the heck is going on. Zilla, as you may know, overshadowed the original Godzilla and stole the name. Hopefully this film will banish that 1998 version from the collective memories and will finally introduce what Godzilla really is to mainstream audiences.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaNov-05-2013 1:29 AM
@Lyuztaven They're superhero sequels yes, but they're superhero sequels with under-performing prequels-- namely [i]X-Men[/i]. Its most recent films drew the weakest boxoffice of the franchise history. Not good considering ticket prices were cheaper in 2000, when the first film was released. [i]Spider-Man[/i] isn't in as tough of a spot, but it's historically known for making less money with each new movie. The competition looks tough, and its nothing to scoff at, but it's not the apocalypse that some fans are making it out to be. I understand the apprehension because of [i]Pacific Rim[/i], but, realistically, we're not even at a point where we need to start worrying about this kind of stuff. A horde of fans are already blaming WB for poor advertising (largely just because of the time frame) and we don't even know what the ad campaign is. The fact that this is already looking different than [i]Pacific Rim[/i]'s campaign is promising because, lets face it, it's not [i]Pacific Rim[/i]'s ad campaign. I understand fans want sequels and more movies like it, but there's also a hint of ungratefulness in this kind of stress. A sort of self-entitlement for trailers and hunger for more when we haven't even seen the movie. The chances for a [i]Pacific Rim[/i] sequel aren't great, granted, but at least we have it. It's ours and we can cherish it. Meanwhile, we don't even know if [i]Godzilla[/i] will be a [similarly] beloved movie. Will we want another one? Chances are it will be pretty good, but there's so many fans getting ahead of themselves and, as a result, misplaced malice and misinformation is being shot without thought. Worry is one thing, but the trigger happy attitude toward WB, the ad campaign...etc... is largely uncalled for as of right now.

Akio123

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-17-2013 2:25 PM
I am leading away still. We had too many speculations.

ZillaH8erforeva

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-17-2013 3:24 PM
I'll tell you what they're going to get alot at the box office and 75% of that is going to be the Gfans. I, personally will spend the money to see the trailer and then leave once the movie starts.

Kyuubi69

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-26-2013 3:20 AM

Listen my brothers I have scene the new teaser trailer and let me tell you HE. HAS. RETURNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Godzilla looks amassing he is taller than he has ever been and his roar is "sniff" "sniff" "sob" beautiful. I say the leaked teaser tralier and let me tell you it was incredible. Trust me if there is a tralier for godzilla for hobbit and is a pretty big IF then must go see him in all his glory. Because he is back and gareth Edwards has given him an image worthy of his roots.

P. S. if you don't believe me look at the site that had the godzilla tralier on it, it's not there any more but just look and you'll see if I'm telling the truth http://www.movieweb.com/movie/godzilla-2014/trailer

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
74% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums