Godzilla Movie

Help me analyse every scene of the Godzilla trailer!

3371 Views49 Replies
Forum Topic

Chris

AdminSpaceGodzillaDec-10-2013 7:30 PM

So, I'm working on a write-up for the front page of Godzilla-Movies.com, analysing and breaking down every scene of the trailer in hopes to hopefully explain what the hell is going on. I spent the majority of this afternoon taking screenshots of every scene, and I've listed most of them below for you to inspect. 

I mentioned in this news article, that I would like input from more fans to help create a well-rounded analysis - complete with opinions, facts and speculation. So, if you want to help me break down every scene to its core, have at it! You can use the screenshots to help make your points. I'll be dropping in and out to see what you all say and to contribute my own thoughts as well.

Let's hear your thoughts!

Hyped for: Alien: Romulus | Badlands (Predator 6) | Cloverfield 4
49 Replies

Mecha-Godzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-10-2013 7:32 PM

On the last train wreck picture, you can clearly see that the monster that is attacking is muto......

xxsaberblackcrow

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-10-2013 7:32 PM

These Scenes are Awesome and there in Order so there is no need too fix them and also i do like the new head of Godzilla and the spines looks awesome but i hope they,ll let us see Godzilla,s Atomic breath that would be awesome!

xxsaberblackcrow

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-10-2013 7:33 PM

And the monster that attacked the train is Muto Well thats one monster down i wonder where,s the second monster is? and i don,t see Muto any where?

Chris

AdminSpaceGodzillaDec-10-2013 7:37 PM

It does look almost like they put Godzilla in a diet for this trailer, doesn't it? Haha The snout seems longer, like Godzilla 2000 and his neck looks thinner. But okay - on to analysis.

I do agree, the subway attack is MUTO.

It's hard to see, but in this screencap (below) it looks like you can see membrane, as if from a mouth part, coming down into the car:

See? Also it has that white-grey color which was described as MUTO's color.

Godsilly

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-10-2013 7:43 PM

ITS NOT A SUBWAY! >.<
Its a bridge, you can see buildings far away and the bridge being torn appart by the creature

xxsaberblackcrow

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-10-2013 7:44 PM

I do see the Muto but i don,t really see so much white colour on it and i really cant see the mouth

Godsilly

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-10-2013 7:49 PM

XXSABERBLACKCROW have you seen the kaiju in the aircraft carrier in Pacific Rim?
His head is just like that. Its very similar to that kaiju

xxsaberblackcrow

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-10-2013 7:51 PM

GODSILLY yes i did see Pacific rim wait i see the mouth but no teeth but still i saw the mouth and i see the eyes too

Godsilly

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-10-2013 8:04 PM

Odly familiar...

MikeyNamez

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-10-2013 8:06 PM

I get that something is biting / ripping through the train and i do agree that NOT Godzilla. However, i dont see at all where there is an eye or a mouth.  Can anybody point these out in the pic for me?

On a side note I dont think they are called MUTO's anymore.  I have a strong feeling that M.U.T.O. is only the name of this agency that is investigating the sinkholes and not the creatures themselves. 

tain669

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-10-2013 8:11 PM

Ok. lookslike a city on the US west coast Maybe SF, From the way the paratroops are landing they have NO idea of what going on.The sky looks like it's. For lack of a better term ON FIRE.I'm thinking that Godzilla came ashore no one And I MEAN NO ONE knew what the hell was happening

Cryolophosaurus

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-10-2013 8:24 PM

Everyone is only looking at the train scene has anyone bothered to look at this picture.

Thair gonna fire a nuke at Godzilla which tells me that there gonna know nothing about him and are pretty much screwing themselves over but that means they never explain his origins to the charicters.

" It is better to be reviled than ignored, agleast then you know your spreading good in this world." 

xxsaberblackcrow

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-10-2013 8:27 PM

A valkorin if the Military fire,s a nuke at Godzilla. Godzilla will live because he,s inpervies too weapons!! even stronger weapons and top sercet ones! 

Cryolophosaurus

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-10-2013 8:30 PM

No I know that hes impervious what IM saying is that the characters in the movie wont.

" It is better to be reviled than ignored, agleast then you know your spreading good in this world." 

The-True-Batman

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-10-2013 8:31 PM

Godzilla+What-made-him-angry-at-humans/messed-up-his-life(The Atom Bomb)= An even more angry, more powerful enemy. Remember what happened to the Heisei Godzilla after a nuclear sub crashed into it? It got larger, and angrier.

Cryolophosaurus

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-10-2013 8:32 PM

And its redundent to talk about it here because chris just started a new thread all about what i was talking about.

gundamusa

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-10-2013 8:34 PM

your missing the spot wher it shows the soldier jumping off what looks like a dam? also when they are sky diving you see flashs of "lighting". but i think this is godzilla's spikes lighting up, and then him breathing his fire (second blue flash).

gundamusa

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-10-2013 8:53 PM

also there seems to be two different reactors under attack.

Ray Burrberry

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-10-2013 9:18 PM

In what I believe is the 11th frame, it almost appears as if one of the soldiers is about to land on Godzilla's head. Or is that just a flare? In the 24th frame, I wonder if the woman's frightened reaction is in response to one of the mutos on the loose trying to break into whatever facility their in. I do see a bunch of guys in lab coats which could mean that their scientists working in the MUTO facility.

Gojira2K

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-10-2013 10:11 PM

Watch the train scene VERY CAREFULLYand while your doing it think about that being mouth parts and you can see the head.

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Ernest Hemingway.

Girlzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-10-2013 10:28 PM

I am wondering if many are assuming Godzilla is the complete "bad guy" in all this. When I look at the footage of the wrecked train (scattered off the tracks) I don't see any footprints that would be from Godzilla tearing the train apart.  

It is possible to pay homage to the "badass nature" of Godzilla - and not have Godzilla destroy everyone and everything in sight. Maybe it's not Godzilla the Nuclear Bomb is being aimed at? Could it be the nuclear bomb is aimed at a MUTOS and the radiation from that blast is what brings Godzilla? 

I think this is gonna be interesting either way. 

vinyljohnny

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-10-2013 10:56 PM

This isn't only my opinion, but those of others as well I've noticed, but the insect-monsters (referred to as mutos just to make it easy) could be modern retelling of Destroyah/Destroyer. M.U.T.O., the group, could be a shadow group that has been monitoring strange things related to kaiju, as the mutoresearch.net site hints at (for example, the Turkmenistan fire hiding a membrane.) They could have come across a "living fossil" of sorts, a creature thought to be extinct but still being alive. Except, it's actually a group of eggs. Maybe they got out of control and formed colonies all over the planet. 

metaljazzfunk

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-11-2013 12:07 AM

For those of you having trouble seeing the Mutos in the train scene, here is another screen shot. 

This particular one has pale grey skin, which is mottled with specs of brown. From what I can guess, this is a head biting into the train that then pulls upwards out of the frame. This mutos seem to have a head that is similar to those depicted in the early "eye-witness" sketches, and its mouth opens with a set of several triangular jaws. It even looks like there is a dark green tongue between the two supposed jaws shown in this particular frame.

Imagine both the upper and lower halves of a bird's beak being split down the middle, leaving four pointed beaks that converge at a point when closed (and fan out when opened).

Watch the train scene carefully, and I'm certain you'll see what I'm talking about. The mouth opens up towards the audience (hence the flesh-coloured mouth membrane in Chris' screenshot).

Chris

AdminSpaceGodzillaDec-11-2013 12:32 AM

Going by your "history", I'm going to bet that you're 100% accurate in your "assumptions". hahaha Thanks for adding a lot more detail to this "MUTO Mystery". The sketch helps too. I figured it would be somewhat bird-like with it's face. 

I'm really, REALLY curious to see what these things originated from. The anticipation for more info is killing me.

metaljazzfunk

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-11-2013 12:37 AM

Keep in mind that's a very simplified (and angular!) sketch, nothing more than an attempt to convey the orientation of the jaws in this scene. Personally, I wouldn't pay any mind to their size relative to the rest of the head or the curvature at each jaw's tip (I would also ignore the sad excuse for an "eye" that I drew).

Girlzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-11-2013 12:43 AM

I went back to the trailer and looked at it frame by frame. What I don't get is the 3rd frame.. That does not look like a bird to me. I copied 4 frames 2 leading up to the 3rd then the 4th showing whatever it is pulling away. The face looks rounded to me... 

I could be wrong.. Hope these upload correct. :) 

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

Godzilla-should-slaughter-r-emmerich

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-11-2013 12:54 AM

The scene where you see Godzilla through the goggles, amid all the smoke etc., does it look as if Godzilla could go from being bipedal to a quadruped?  Just the way he is leaning over in an extreme way makes me ponder that question.

This is a bit far fetched, but could one of these possibly "man-made" creatures wind-up actually turning into Godzilla?

Hail the King's return

Godzilla-should-slaughter-r-emmerich

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-11-2013 1:04 AM

Just adding to my last post.  The idea of him having the ability to be a quadruped only comes to thought because in that scene, leaning over he had a slight Stegosaurus look to him.  After all, they had those plates on their backs for Thermoregulation.

I'm not suggesting in anyway he is one, is related to one etc., just it struck me how he looked like one leaning over like that

Girlzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-11-2013 1:06 AM

http://www.godzilla-movie.jp/

I thought this might be helpful in the trailer discussion. This was just sent to me. 

Chris

AdminSpaceGodzillaDec-11-2013 1:11 AM

Holy crap! The Japanese trailer has extra footage of Watanabe and a cut-scene from the Comic-Con trailer! Is this on YouTube yet?

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Xenotaris
Xenotaris » Gigan
87% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
73% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums