Godzilla Movie

Godzilla's most powerful abilities incorporated into the new movie.

3190 Views30 Replies
Forum Topic

Cryolophosaurus

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-12-2013 5:49 PM

So I started this thread awhile ago, and pretty much abandoned it because of the stifleing amount of negativety circleing from certain persons at the time (keryo, Akagi, Gman, but now he's mellowed out, and quite a few others). But it's been awhile and have decided to reopen the disscusion about Godzilla's abilities in the reality of the movie. So I've been giveing this idea some thought on my own since I abandoned it, and in that time I've come up with an idea of what Gareth might have meant when he said that "The atomic attack would look differant". Now it is my opinion that Godzilla's new atomic attack WILL be the most powerful we have ever seen both in artistic merit, and in sheer destructive force, and that his atomic attack will be unleashed only once, but will be so glorious that all true Godzilla fans will openly weep once we see it, but that's enough of me, what about you guys, what do you think Godzilla's atomic attack's will look and destroy like, I'll most likely put more down on here later, and please be civil with each other.

" It is better to be reviled than ignored, agleast then you know your spreading good in this world." 

30 Replies

kaijudinosaurfan12345

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-12-2013 7:21 PM

i figured it was going to be more powerful due to the cgi but this makes sense

Chris

AdminSpaceGodzillaDec-12-2013 7:34 PM

This topic makes a lot of sense. Kind of scary to think of just how powerful it' going to be though, if you're assumptions are correct.

Hyped for: Alien: Romulus | Badlands (Predator 6) | Cloverfield 4

Chris

AdminSpaceGodzillaDec-12-2013 7:37 PM

Also, your description of Godzilla's "charge-up" before unleashing his atomic breath sounds badass - and could work well with the "realistic" tone Gareth Edwards is going for!

Hyped for: Alien: Romulus | Badlands (Predator 6) | Cloverfield 4

True American Godzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-12-2013 8:09 PM

Wow, that is a very realistic take on the Atomic Breath! it does make the American Godzilla even scarier (as if it wasn't already scary at being near 800' tall)!

I believe in Jesus Christ, who's my Lord and Savior.

John 3:16, Job 41:1-34, Leviticus 18:22

Cryolophosaurus

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-12-2013 8:16 PM

Well True American Godzilla the even scaryer thing is how mutch more nuclear energy he can contain thanks to his new size id attribute maybe nine or tenfold the amount of energy his massive body can contain compaired to his old incarnation's.

" It is better to be reviled than ignored, agleast then you know your spreading good in this world." 

Akagi

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-14-2013 7:24 PM

I don't think he'll use it that much. 

He is 350ft Tall people, those things on his neck ARE gills, and the Brazil photo is part of the final advertising design-- Deal with it.

Durp004

MemberBaragonDec-15-2013 9:42 PM

Gareth kept talking about throwing realism into it so I don't see it having that much power honestly. More like a fume that was present in the early Godzilla movies rather than a supercharged blast that appeared later.

kaijudinosaurfan12345

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-17-2013 4:45 PM

just imagine a nuke fired any number of times

Kyero

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-19-2013 2:11 PM

The problem here is that Godzilla is not a nuclear bomb, he's a product of the nuclear bomb.

Something that you clearly didn't understand when writing this thread for everyone is that something that gets hit by a nuke doesn't turn into a nuke itself. Godzilla's thermonuclear breath is nothing more than a concentrated stream of radiation. It's power is not going to be anywhere near as destructive as that of a nuclear bomb.

Godzilla is a kaiju created from the atomic bomb. He himself is not an atomic bomb. He can't cause the same devastation in one shot as an atomic bomb.

Watching documentaries on nuclear bombs does not make you an authority on them, and you clearly have no idea what they are truly capable of beyond what you've been told on the screen. Do some real research, graduate with some kind of degree specializing in nuclear energy, and then you can tell us what Godzilla's nuclear breath should be like in real life.

As of now, you're just basing an opinion created by watching a few videos. Not enough to be credible.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaDec-19-2013 2:33 PM

@Kyero

As much as I agree with you, you have to admit Toho clearly doesn't understand how nuclear bombs work anymore either. They proved such ineptness by writing increasingly stupid characters that think anything that gets hit by an atomic bomb automatically transforms into a giant beast. (Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah)

So on the one hand, Valkorin's playing on Toho's Heisei playing field. On the other hand, Toho's not in charge of this film.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Kyero

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-19-2013 4:56 PM

@GMAN2887 - Finally, someone who makes sense and has intelligent discussion capabilities! Thank you!

Anyway, my main point was that being exposed to a nuclear blast doesn't make you a nuclear bomb. I wasn't messing with the concept of creating a monster out of anything that's within range, as everyone knows how silly that is.

Still, saying that Godzilla's breath should be as powerful as a nuclear bomb is nonsensical and a rather stupid argument. That was what I was getting at.

KaijuKritic

MemberMothra LarvaeDec-19-2013 5:30 PM

@Kyero  I think you're missing the point of Valkorin's post.

Scientifically, you're right.  Being exposed to a nuclear blast does not turn anything into a nuke.  That is ridiculous.  But Godzilla is not science, it's a story.  Godzilla actually is a nuke.

I know, he looks nothing like a nuclear warhead.  But that's not the point.  Godzilla has always symbolized the pure destructive force nuclear weapons have.  His atomic breath isn't some random power the writers decided to give him, it's a physical representation of this relationship.  Toho stresses this all the time, like in GMK.  The first time we see him use his atomic breath, he creates a mushroom cloud.  I hate that scene, but it shows Godzilla's direct connection to Nuclear weapons.

You can't look at Godzilla scientifically.  His existance makes no logical sense.  It's all about the story and the meaning behind it.  Godzilla is a direct representation of the destruction a nuke can cause.  He actually is a nuclear weapon, both figuratively and literally.  Don't call people out on making those connections.  You're missing the point if you do.

His point isn't that Godzilla's atomic breath is going to be exactly as powerful as a nuclear weapon in one, single, shot.  That is again ridiculous.  But he is suggesting that if they plan on more realistically mirroring a nuke's power, then Godzilla's atomic breath will be that much stronger.  Not on par with a nuke in one blow, but certainly with similar destruction.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaDec-19-2013 6:12 PM

@Kyero

Oh, no, I completely agree. The notion that something that's hit with a nuclear bomb becomes one is absent minded, but so is the idea that anything that gets exposed by a nuclear bomb becomes a freak accident.

With that said, his logic makes just as much sense as anything else in the Godzilla series. It doesn't, however, seem to jive with what's being presented in the new movie.

KaijuKritic, you also make an excellent point outside of the literal stance. The original film and GMK, in particular, made some artistic choices to metaphorically link Godzilla to the bomb. (Wide shots of Tokyo in flames/ashes in Godzilla, the mushroom cloud in GMK.) It's part of what makes those two movies so wonderful. The idea that Godzilla is a nuclear bomb in slow motion was an original intent. While I'm ok with them touching on that in the new movie, I also want them to tackle some other things that have been ignored or untouched throughout the series.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Cryolophosaurus

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-02-2014 12:37 AM

thanks kaijukritic you took that part of the post and put them into better words than I.

Hyper Mecha King Ghidorah

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-02-2014 1:12 AM

You know, Val, if you didn't want to be criticized for your faults, you shouldn't have generated this thread in the first place.

And, on account of the Atomic Breath, I believe it'll be like Heisei's, with blue being commonplace and the Crimson Hyper Spiral Ray coming in to finish a monster off.

According to eye-witness accounts, I do, in fact, laugh like Ghidrah.

esnkd

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-02-2014 1:12 AM

Well if they want to be that realistic with it a city would be destroyed basically with one blast. and to keep in line with GODZILLA and his past battles in JAPAN according to his old movies, charge ups wont take very long, and a power up to go full nuke takes longer but still isnt long enough to get to any kind of safe distance. The big G's true power with one of his minimal attacks with his breath weapon and i feel silly calling it that since hes a walking fusion reactor, i would think that it comes straight from where ever the power is generated not breath at all, but as i was saying a dirty bomb can destroy a good section of a city GODZILLA smallest or most help back attack is still so damaging that a city would still be uninhabitalbe after it. If they are going that rout it will explain the total destruction of multiple cities that he will destroy in the movie. for those who don't know, GODZILLA feeds on nuclear energy so nuking him is like a huge mistake and would only make him super powerful and that much more unstoppable. OMG... I JUST REALIZED THAT MISSLE IN THE MOVIE MIGHT BE A NUKE. GODZILLA might obsorb the energy showing that they truly are paying attention. 

Akagi

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-02-2014 1:13 AM

I feel like I say this too much on this forum but... here goes.

Lets be realistic people.

We don't even KNOW Legendary Godzilla's origins and we are already assuming things like this?

Didn't Edwards say that the whole 'anti nuclear' thing is basically a fleeting message in the film. He makes no note that Godzilla was 'created' by atomic weapons.

And just because something is created by an atomic bomb, doesn't mean hes going to spew atomic bomb powered madness all about.

My phone plugs into the wall which is attached to a power grid that is attached to a box outside that is attached to a powerline. Does that make my phone as powerful as the powerline?

No.

He is 350ft Tall people, those things on his neck ARE gills, and the Brazil photo is part of the final advertising design-- Deal with it.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaJan-02-2014 3:40 AM

@Akagi

Your logic is too well thought out and makes too much since for the majority here. How dare you imply reason in a place like this?

varanthebelievable

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-02-2014 10:10 AM

Historically speaking, Godzilla's internal organs are said to be a form of nuclear reactor. This means that instead of ingesting things like carbs to fuel his body, he uses the energy given off by the fission of nuclear materials he consumes or absorbs in some manner. If his "stomach" was the primary place where this happened, it would be a very hostile radioacive zone constantly pulsing with nuclear power. His breath would likely work by opening a passage from his "stomach" to his mouth via an esophagus like tube. This would mean it wouldn't even have a charge time, realistically, it would be more of a projectile vomitting of energy. A better comparison would probably be to liken it to an inflated balloon (full of radiation) and when he wants to release that energy he would open the mouth of the balloon and let it rush out. This would come at great cost to him because this would be energy that he could no longer use to fuel his body, so it would be used in dire circumstances, or during times when he had an excess of energy. As for the effects of the beam, radiation is just energized particles. Light is radiation, microwaves are radiation, X-rays, gamma rays etc... His beam would not necessarily be "hot" but when it contacted other molecules energy would be transferred thus making those molecules or objects hot. Another note is that blue is hotter than red, so his red spiral ray would actually be weaker. A blue star is almost 10 times hotter ( hotter means more energy is released) than a red star.

Biderbeck

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-02-2014 4:56 PM

Ok if you wanna get "real" if you are going to call it atomic breath, think about how strong your breath is when blowing out a candle, blowing away a moth. on tiny or flemisy small things it is somewhat effective.  now if you think of something under high pressure like compressed air mixed with radio active materials now you may be on to something. However real life animals don't have any breath attacks. Living things squirt volitile liquid poisons or chemical compounds simular to acid. While a real life atomic breath attack might not be visually pleasing or seem effictive the long term effect may prove deadly however also boring. So lets not keep it real, keep it fantasy and awesome eeh?

Kevin_C_Vang

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-02-2014 7:18 PM

Yep...a living nuke...

Leedels

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-13-2014 7:24 PM

I guess the power with his breath could be associated with the storyline that it connects with. If it is more in touch with the japanese movies then it could be more like the blue spines lighting up thing. But i dont really think that spines lighting up blue and lazer breath is very realistic. If it was more like the american one it may be similar to the fire breath it had like in the tunnel scene. Whichever one it is though, i hope it doesnt end up being too far fetched, because one of the parts of the movie i look forward to is it being realistic. I mean, it be so cool and scary if the movie writers could come up with a way that a tragedy like this could actually happen. Thinking about the idea that there could possibly be a giant lizard destroying cities in real life is pretty scary, which is a way that the movie could be so much cooler.

Mecha Rodan

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-21-2014 8:05 PM

As long as it looks cool and it does a lot of damage i'm fine.

AggressiveKaiju45

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-07-2014 6:29 AM

Naw definetly won't be blue. Mainstream audiences won't really see blue as a convincing colour.

Life is very simple, but we insist on making it complicated.

kurochan_24

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-11-2014 1:15 AM

If he'll be having a mini-nuke like atomic breath, do you think there'll be a higher chance of the area being radiated too much?

I'm also curious how it would look like, how would they project the blue ray we are so used to.

erexx

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-20-2014 10:38 PM

Totally agree with Valkorin.

Godzilla is a Nuclear Bomb and Godzilla can absorb nuclear energy and transmute it.

If Muto is Red and Godzilla is Blue then the story will be setup with the classic Hollywood motif seen in so many other SciFi films.

Godzilla and all Muto's are created by nuclear energy.
Man's arrogant attempts at harnessing the power of the atom pale in comparison to natures ability to do what comes... naturally.

Game777Guy

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-23-2014 11:38 AM

Interesting opinions. Here's my theory:

If the "Atomic Roar" figure has any accuracy to the film at all, Godzilla is going to lean foward, unhinge his jaw (yes, the atomic ray picture in Smash 3 may be accurate) and unleash a concentrated stream of blue fire. As to it's power, again, if the figure is anything to go by, it will be at least on par with what Godzilla could do in the 90s and Millenium series. Valkorin's re-evaluation that G's Atomic Ray will be the most powerful attack seen in the series would be consistent with my model of preparation. Don't know how it will turn out, but the signs are pointing to a strong atomic ray.

However, I may be way wrong. Only time will tell.

packleader904

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-23-2014 12:08 PM

@KAIJUKRITIC Excellent rebuttal some people are absolutists in their way of thought and you cannot reason with or expect reasoning from them! this entire thing is fantasy anyway and many times taken way way too seriously! everyone wants to be right and discount anyone elses opinions! ive been a Godzilla fan since 1970 ive seen every movie from 1954 thru final wars! and have an extensive collection of vhs tapes and cds just like many of you have!

All we can all do is quit guessing whats going to be what in the film and simply wait untill it comes out! The way thingsare in this forum many will have to eat their words and many will becorrect!

%MCEPASTEBIN%

Moses

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-23-2014 12:18 PM

Where'd all this hullabaloo come from?

Eitherway, I'm pretty sure the atomic breath will be pretty powerful, not as powerful as a nuke but still strong.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Fuzzy

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-02-2014 1:58 AM

Wow!!  This sounds GREAT!!!

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
BigGMonsterMan
BigGMonsterMan » Baragon
33% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums