Godzilla Movie

About Godzilla\'s Fanbase.

3121 Views14 Replies
Forum Topic

4Kaiju

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-25-2014 11:05 PM

Is it true that Godzilla fanbase is low?

some G fans think so.

For me I highly disagree, Because if it had a low fanbase they wouldnt make tons of toys,games,books,28 movies and a Godzilla encounter for it, if it had a low Fanbase.

Im positive that the fanbase is almost as high as Goku,Batman and Superman.

Ive been reading a magazine called 50 greatest Sci Fi Charachters and I looked at Godzillas page and his (Fan Following) was 4 stars out of 5 and Sci Fi Legacy was 4/5 as well, that deffinitely not a low.

Im sure what the fans really mean is the lack of knowledge that most people outside of Japan have about the charachter.

Hopefully this knew film will make more adult fans outside of JPN, cuz its time for people to start taking this charachter seriously and even none Godzilla fans too, plus I find it really annoying when people laugh at Godzilla anytime when his name is mentioned, its highly direspectful.

Ya Im a little childish when it comes to this.

14 Replies

doggiezilla

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-25-2014 11:13 PM

To be honest I've seen G Fans in the internet but I've never seen one but me in real life, I feel alone ):

Duratok

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-25-2014 11:21 PM

The size of the Godzilla fan base pales in comparison next to its mainstream comic book counterparts. I've seen maybe six people wearing Godzilla t-shirts in my entire life, the merchandise can be hard to find or incredibly expensive, and a movie hasn't been made in ten years.

On the flipside, I could walk to a Target and find a wide selection of Batman, Superman, X-Men, and Spider-Man shirts, toys and movies for cheap.

I'm a Godzilla fan, but I won't let my fanboyism blind me to the truth. We're a bit of a fringe group, and that's fine.

Dragonlord Tevin

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-25-2014 11:29 PM

Its really popular in Japan of course because thats where they make the movies, but thats not the problem why most americans dont have interests in Godzilla.

Ill be really honest right now and say that TOHO is not capable of making Godzilla movies, they lack acting, lack seriousness, make them too silly, bad dubbing, and idk just those stuff which makes people find Godzilla pretty stupid. 

Thats why im very happy for this film so people can finally take Godzilla more seriously and we G fans will finally have no more problems talking about Godzilla publicly with no bad comments about it, unless those people are assholes

doggiezilla

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-25-2014 11:39 PM

Scratch that off, to be honest the reason I like Godzilla is because of my mom. She is the only Godzilla fan i known.

Kyero

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-25-2014 11:51 PM

Godzilla has a rather large fanbase, but it's spread out across the world and is most heavily concentrated in Japan and the United States. 

But I wouldn't worry about it too much. Godzilla's reign has seen its share of highs and lows before, particularly low between the times of 1975-1984, 1994-1999, 2004-2014. It's unlikely that his reign will end anytime soon just because Legendary's marketing has been less than stellar.

4Kaiju

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-26-2014 12:45 AM

@DRAGONLORD TEVIN

Idk I though the acting in some of the films were great especially in the first film.

and for the seriousness, I thought some were pretty great especially in these films,

.Gojira 1954

.Godzilla raids again

.Godzilla vs Destroyah

.Godzilla GMK

.Godzilla againts Mecha Godzilla

.GMK Godzilla

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaJan-26-2014 1:49 AM

What does seriousness have to do with the fanbase?

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

leaper

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-26-2014 9:58 AM

i like godzilla

4Kaiju

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-26-2014 2:36 PM

@GMAN2887 talking to me or Kyero?

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaJan-26-2014 2:44 PM

You.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Dragonlord Tevin

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-26-2014 2:52 PM

KAIJUJIRA Well forget I said seriousness then, but the other things I said, cmon, its kinda true, those are reasons why people see Godzilla movies as like kids movies or just dumb movies

godzillafan1995

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-26-2014 2:57 PM

i agree with dragonlord to a certain degree, toho doesn't really market it's movies to a international audience, they mostly care about it's domestic audience while at the same time 'know' that there is a international interest in the godzilla franchise.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaJan-26-2014 3:00 PM

@Dragonlord Tevin

They see those movies as that because they don't have a clear understanding of the context of those movies, when they were released and why they were made that way. You do realize the 1960s films had some of the best Japanese actors in the country, right? Granted, not so much the case in the later films, but if seriousness was key to Godzilla's success in the last 60 years then we wouldn't have 28 Godzilla movies. The lack of seriousness throughout the late 60s and 70s, and even in the 90s, was what helped keep the series afloat.

godzillafan1995

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-26-2014 3:10 PM

thats true too

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
BigGMonsterMan
BigGMonsterMan » Baragon
33% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums