Forum Topic

junkerde

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-09-2014 5:25 PM

Saw this on reddit : Godzilla Video

*Link made clickable by Svanya

46 Replies

junkerde

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-09-2014 5:27 PM

also youll notice how he stole my fanart at the end of the video, im not even mad, im impressed

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaFeb-09-2014 5:33 PM

Thought so... I even mentioned that this could've been manipulated in after affects here.

Of course I was thrown off by the WB take down. Now the question is... why did WB ask it to be removed? Or did they?

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

HannibalBarca

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-09-2014 5:35 PM

And here I thought these came from a super reliable source! I expected better from the fine folks here at godzilla-movies.com!

FordBrodyLover99

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-09-2014 5:36 PM

I was JUST coming to mention this.

Oh well. Thats really dissapointing. It is well done, and awesome made. Still, this proves that we are most likely not getting a trailer in the next few days.

But thats the internet i guess.

jmac15

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-09-2014 5:37 PM

So...it was fake...

junkerde

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-09-2014 5:37 PM

idk, there's something defeinetely wrong, somewhere....somethings smells fishy but yet i dont know WHAT smells fishy about the whole wb taking it down, whoever your source is chris, hes an epic troll and a good one at that, made some legit "leaks" for all i know

godzillafan1995

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-09-2014 5:45 PM

i'm... i'm confused, why did warner bros request the videos to be removed if they were fake, why didn't they tell chris that they were fake.

jmac15

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-09-2014 5:46 PM

I think we should wait for Chris's input...if he has any...

dinoboy22

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-09-2014 5:48 PM

well it was on reddit so idk. we need more info

Daikaiju Danielle

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-09-2014 5:48 PM

For God's sake! Can't we get something real?!

I'm getting SICK of these fake pictures and videos!

"Daddy's home- cake every night,"

junkerde

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-09-2014 5:50 PM

DAIKAIJU_DANIELLE legendary just tweeted about godzilla, 60 years of histroy, what a coincidence the day this troll shows us that these were fake SOMETHING popped up about godzilla FINALLY from legendary

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaFeb-09-2014 5:50 PM

Warner Bros. can't legally tell anyone to remove something that isn't their property. To risk something would be highly unethical and extremely bad for the studio.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Linkzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-09-2014 5:51 PM

I just had a thought, and it's probably completely wrong, since I know nothing about how things work in the industry, but maybe, because Warner Bros. is only distributing the film and not producing it, they don't actually see the trailers until they are finished and just assumed that the videos were a real leak?

dinoboy22

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-09-2014 5:53 PM

thats a good point linkzilla. couldve been just a mistake

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaFeb-09-2014 5:56 PM

^Absurd thought and quite impossible. Warner Brothers is still very involved with this movie and the communication over a high profile movie like this has various people from both Legendary and Warner Brothers speaking and working with each other to get work done. You can bet WB suits have seen as many shots as Legendary. The liklihood of that possibly happening would be a 1 out of 1,000,000,000 chance.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaFeb-09-2014 6:18 PM

This guy admits to making the video.

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonFeb-09-2014 6:20 PM

I'm so bloody sick of this fake crap I can't even put it into words.  Is it really that important to the loosers out there that they go to all the trouble to trick us... OVER A MOVIE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  I love Godzilla and the art of film making.  Both are two of my greatest passions.  But in the end, its a movie.  The fact that there are people out there that go to incredible measures to hoax people is just sad.  What's the payoff?  When it comes to movies these days, you are more likely to find information that is a rumor or simply a lie than to get legitimate information.  Its simply the state of the industry today.  It seems that this movie has been an absolute magnate for trolls, and it astonishes me how far these people will go to get our hopes up.  Almost every day an argument breaks out over the legitimacy of a claim, and its draining the fun of being excited for this movie right out of me.

That said, this whole situation with this story seems fishy to me.  I'm sure Chris is doing what he can to figure out what is going on and will let us know as soon as he can.  If this turns out to be completely fake, I'll be disapointed on many different levels. 

"Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science Fiction is the improbable made possible." -Rod Serling

The Godzilla Novelization Project: Follow Along Today!

godzillafan1995

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-09-2014 6:20 PM

well i guess march it is then for a new teaser trailer

dinoboy22

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-09-2014 6:35 PM

i cant even... wow. just wow. dont even know what to say

jmac15

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-09-2014 6:39 PM

This news absolutely sickens me...

junkerde

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-09-2014 6:44 PM

this troll planned it well, to add insult to injury, he made this video with our drought of marketing, but at the same time I personally think it was well done and funny

Kyero

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-09-2014 6:52 PM

I won't be the least bit surprised if we find out that it was in fact 100% false.

Some people want to be the bringers of the next revelation so badly that it's just sad. I said it before when Chris made his big post about the newest gaggle of news, a lot of which I still believe to be a load of bs, and I'll say it again.

Chris should double check his sources and the validity of the information they acquire instead of just blindly trusting what they have to say. Not to say that's exactly what he's doing, but still, it would be a good move on his part to be more suspicious of his sources, regardless of how well he knows them.

Demplex

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-09-2014 6:57 PM

I don't blame anyone for believing this. It's very well put out and executed in a manner that makes it quite convincing. The picture alone could be made with a program as free as GIMP and even Paint.NET, if done right. 

Demplex

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-09-2014 6:59 PM

Now I'm just reloading the page to see what else is happening.

Dragonlord Tevin

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-09-2014 7:40 PM

They did this because theyd knew we and Chris wouldve fell for it and that Chris would've posted them as news, which he did, so that later on it would be revealed that they were fake the entire time so that THIS WEBSITE would not get any more attraction due to making it look like we post fake news.

I'm not surprised, and ik much of you are gonna be pissed off or hate me for saying this, which i dont give a shit cuz this website and it's members are already screwed up; but what they did I kinda liked and approved.

Im not 100%, but I do believe the main purpose of this trolling was to test if Chris would still post these as news without checking for a reliable source.  Cuz if i did this fake video and picture, thats exactly what I wouldve done, i wouldve photoshopped a very real looking picture and create a very real looking video so I can test if this website would fall for it.

These trolls proved that this website should kind of be a "must stay away" website that post fake news. And you heard me, I like and approve what they did, cuz they proved correctly that this website isnt reliable.  

Its not that they consumed my mind,  its that im just starting agree myself to not have any hope for this website anymore.  Dramatic members, unreliable sources, and trolls that try to prove this website's not good, which I believe they almost got there or they probably did.  So go ahead members of this website, hate me for what I said, i dont care anymore, ill still go on this website and have all the hate that i can ignore, I just expressed my personnal opinion about this website thats all.

junkerde

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-09-2014 7:44 PM

from the dude on reddit who made the hoax (an extremely good one at that):

"i made this, i made all of it from the "mobile game" stills to the 2 "leaked" 3/4 second trailers, and pretended to be part of the crowd that thought it was real. yeah ill understand if you are mad at me, but it was for the greater good of showing how bad godzilla-movies is at background checking"

so dragonlord you're pretty much right about him testing this website

Dragonlord Tevin

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-09-2014 7:50 PM

JUNKERDE Yep i guessed correctly, cuz theres no other reason why someone would really do such hard work on these fakees, unless for fun, but that seems too small you know, so of course they were testing this website, and the test was passed

Akagi

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-09-2014 8:16 PM

The key reason they probably made them take it down was because it featured a used clip from the movie?

That is the most I can assume, or that they themselves were assuming it was a piece of concept work that they didn't know about that had leaked. There is all sorts of reasons why-- they could have been just as in the dark about its authenticity as well-- it happens.

That is my best guess. 

He is 350ft Tall people, those things on his neck ARE gills, and the Brazil photo is part of the final advertising design-- Deal with it.

Dragonlord Tevin

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-09-2014 8:36 PM

AKAGI Maybe the members of Warner Bros. that took it down probably thought it was a scene from the movie or trailer so they took it down.

Get what I mean? Maybe they havent seen the movie and stuff but idk im probably wrong

junkerde

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-09-2014 8:40 PM

lol maybe the troll tricked even legendary/wb themselves

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Xenotaris
Xenotaris » Gigan
87% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums