Godzilla Movie

15 Years Ago... THIS is what happened.

6576 Views38 Replies
Forum Topic

Chris

AdminSpaceGodzillaFeb-24-2014 7:27 PM

You all will probably hate me for posting this, but don't you find it ironic that in Bryan Cranston's dialogue he specifically mentions events which happened 15 years ago? Is it just a coincidence that THIS is what happened 15 years ago?

...Just something to consider. Not sure if Godzilla 2014 will reference '98 Zilla, but it certainly is the only Kaiju-induced disaster which hit the Earth 15 years ago... 

Let's hear your thoughts on this. 

Hyped for: Alien: Romulus | Badlands (Predator 6) | Cloverfield 4
38 Replies

Svanya

AdminGiganFeb-24-2014 7:28 PM

LOL Thats what I said! It's the only obvious disaster of 1998. XD

In all seriousness, if they do tie them in together, heads will roll. I don't think they would dare, still it's an hilarious conicidence.

So many Godzilla eggs XD

sgg999

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-24-2014 7:31 PM

Nope nopenopenopenopenop!  soooo much nope.  Well, maybe.

I hope not, at least.. Maybe people will like zilla more, or maybe the date was chosen as a nod to the movie, and not a direct conecction. I hope this debate doesnt get out of hand.

Death? The destroyer of worlds? Ha! You should see my teacher when I forget an assignment!

Teozilla

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-24-2014 7:32 PM

He did say something terrible happened

Some people want to see the world burn... ... I'm one of those people.

Chris

AdminSpaceGodzillaFeb-24-2014 7:35 PM

If the two are connected in some way, it would certainly draw some attention and consideration for this scene in the Godzilla (2014) teaser trailer:

... which closely ressembles this scene from Godzilla '98:

Interesting, no?

Svanya

AdminGiganFeb-24-2014 7:35 PM

*looks at pictures* Omg that's not even funny Chris... :(

sgg999

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-24-2014 7:35 PM

@teozilla

Death? The destroyer of worlds? Ha! You should see my teacher when I forget an assignment!

Teozilla

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-24-2014 7:36 PM

SAY IT AIN'T SO!

Teozilla

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-24-2014 7:37 PM

Im gonna sit in a corner and cry for a bit after the evidence...

sgg999

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-24-2014 7:38 PM

I hope this doesnt happen..

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaFeb-24-2014 7:40 PM

Evidence? What evidence? It's just far-fetched speculation based on some coincidences.

Man, some people take this stuff way too seriously. Pretty sure no one at Legendary would lift anything out of the 1998 film with a 30 ft pole.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Teozilla

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-24-2014 7:41 PM

I know I know...

Teozilla

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-24-2014 7:42 PM

Its just the horriblle memories taking over my brain...  the memories...

Chris

AdminSpaceGodzillaFeb-24-2014 7:42 PM

I know, just thought it was a funny coincidence, hahaha. I knew it would ruffle some feathers. ;D

sgg999

True American Godzilla

I like the idea! However, the American Zilla was in 1998. 15 years ago from now, 2014, would be 1999. We have a lot of typhoons and floods in the Pacific during that year.

still, love the dream that this....

grew into this

I believe in Jesus Christ, who's my Lord and Savior.

John 3:16, Job 41:1-34, Leviticus 18:22

Chris

AdminSpaceGodzillaFeb-24-2014 7:44 PM

Well, nobody knows when Cranston's speech is given, it could've been given in 2013 (which is also when they woudl've actually recorded it). Which would line the dates up perfectly.

King Godzilla24.7

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-24-2014 7:48 PM

Some people get their Jimmies rustled.

The key to Immortality is living a life worth remembering

Teozilla

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-24-2014 7:48 PM

It's just so... so... BURN IT WITH FIRE!

junkerde

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-24-2014 7:49 PM

You guys need to know your math, this movie is 2014, hes speaking NOW in 2014. 15 years ago is 1999, and not Zilla. THe only that happened during that time was Orga tried to eat goddamn godzilla and got blown to bits. Take note it was 1999 for Japan

KingKaijuGojira

MemberTitanosaurusFeb-24-2014 8:22 PM

Perhaps in the movie, we they are looking at the aftermath of Godzilla's destruction, they will find a crushed Tri-star building. That would be great! If they did that in the move just to make us feel good that Tri-star got what they had coming to them when they made the garbage that Zilla spawned from. I respect Zilla as his own monster, but not in the he came from. I mean it was decent to a degree, but still, just awful.

\"SKREEONGK!\" -Godzilla

Madison

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-24-2014 8:29 PM

It's interesting and comical speculation to be sure. Of course, thinking logically, I don't think they'll tie anything into the 1998 film. We don't even know for 100% sure that '15 years ago' is 1998/1999.  We can't be 100% sure of when he's speaking until we see the trailer. They've mentioned that there will be flashback scenes to 1954. Maybe those won't be the only flashbacks. We might have a 1970's scene or something else before it moves up to contemporary times. 

My guess is the 'event' 15 years ago will actually have more to do w/ the Muto's and/or the lab accident w/ Cranton's wife than with Godzilla. I like to think in the world established by this movie, at least some peope know about the Muto's and/or they've been around for awhile, even if just in hidden labs or something. 

Godzilla then winds up being a surprise for everybody, the one no-one saw coming except for MAYBE Serizawa and Cranston, who probably know more that SOMETHING is coming, without knowing what. 

That way they can have dual messages about messing with nature. The Muto's being a deliberate attempt to control nature which fails. Godzilla more being an unintended consequence, an accident forged from the reckless and ignorant disregard of our environmental impacts.

Mark930

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-24-2014 8:36 PM
Aside from the disaster of 1998, what if Bryan was talking about a nuclear disaster that took place on September 30th, 1999? I typed "nuclear disaster of 1999" into Google and found a bunch of sites linking to the Tokaimura Nuclear Disaster of Japan(9/30/99). On this date a nuclear accident occurred and exposed a good amount of radiation as a result. I'm not saying for a fact that this is what Bryan is referring to in his speech, but I did find it pretty interesting. Just some fun speculation. Take a look for yourself. http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/Safety-and-Security/Safety-of-Plants/Tokaimura-Criticality-Accident/

kaijusrock

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-24-2014 8:39 PM

1998 was 16 years ago actually  go do the math

NuclearZilla

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-24-2014 8:57 PM

If I remember correctly, there was a statement that stated it was not a sequal to the 1998 movie. So I'm not entirely sure if they'll tie anything. I originally thought it was tied to the 1954 original film..

[URL=http://s1182.photobucket.com/user/KillZoneBoyz/media/gsig-1.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x442/KillZoneBoyz/gsig-1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

**Al**

Community ExecutiveMemberMothra LarvaeFeb-24-2014 8:59 PM

¬¬ 15 years ago means around 15, is not necesary exactly 15 years.. :0)

And nooooo haha I don't want to think he is talking about THAT. 

no

The world will spin well past our last breath, but I will always care about you

NuclearZilla

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-24-2014 9:04 PM

and Bryan quotes "You're not fooling anybody when you say that what happened 15 years ago was a 'natural disaster'..."

If the movie reporters from the 1998 film got the film out and such, it's quite obvious it wasn't a natural disaster. So what if this Godzilla caused like a massive tidal wave, typhoon, or earthquake? I mean in the video he even quoted such disasters

I don't know I'm throwing out ideas xD

[URL=http://s1182.photobucket.com/user/KillZoneBoyz/media/gsig-1.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x442/KillZoneBoyz/gsig-1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

junkerde

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-24-2014 9:27 PM

this is the kind of shit that gets this site eye rolled by some other communities, of course it isnt anything to do with 98 zilla, also because 15 years ago wasnt 1998, it was 1999

splinter48708

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-24-2014 9:41 PM

I have a feeling that it will be a quick reference to Godzilla 98 if nothing else.  Kind of like Final Wars when the Big G pwned Zilla in what?  15 seconds?

NuclearZilla

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-24-2014 9:55 PM
LOL^

CobraZilla

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-24-2014 10:02 PM

Stop scaring everyone, Chris...geez.  Bryan Cranston stated, in his first interview relating to Godzilla, that we would forget all about the 98 movie.  I'm going to have complete faith in that and beleive that 15 years ago relates to something completely different.  Perhaps the first appearance of a Muto, other than the 1954 cameo from G-man?  

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
74% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums