Godzilla Movie

Possible leads on the story of Godzilla 2014

1293 Views8 Replies
Forum Topic

DestoroyahSays

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-24-2014 11:54 PM

Hi guys! I've been following everyone here in the boards religiously and I gotta say there's some great shit going around here. I've got some news for you guys that you may be helpful but are possibly spoilers!

First and foremost, THESE HAVE NOT BEEN CONFIRMED, ARE NOT 100% LEGITIMATE, AND MAY NOT EVEN BE TRUE AT ALL SO YOU SHOULD TREAT THESE AS RUMORS AND SPECULLATION. But seriously, if you want to avoid possible spoilers, this is might be the real deal.

Still here?

Cool.

I work at a movie theater where we get a lot of promotional stuff for movies coming up, so we were finally getting the Godzilla stuff organized and planning on when to put it out (Yes, we are marketing the movie, don't worry) and I was all excited about the movie. In fact, it was all I could talk about. 

So I wander into a theater and finish cleaning it out when this guy comes in and stops me and my co-worker. He heard me talking about Godzilla and he told me he had family at Legendary and he had seen the movie.

I scoffed at the idea and decided to joke around with him and ask him questions. He told me the following:

1. Godzilla is apparently protecting something in the film. Him being woken up (From what I think has been speculated) because humanity has disturbed him makes sense, and if he's really protecting something it makes him seem more animalistic and territorial. And moreso, I was told to look at hte early movie(s) to get a good hint. But what? I'll throw in my two cents later.

2. Godzilla's atomic breath is definitely in the movie, however it is differentWhen I asked what he meant by "different," he said "When you see it, you'll get what I mean." He was really trying to tell me stuff but avoid spoilers, it seems. The "different" part of it has me curious...

3. Perhaps the one that left me with the most questions was this one: The MUTOS are apparently redesigned, modernized versions of classic Godzilla foes. What he described to me was that one had claws, but he forgot the names because they had Japanese names. I guessed "Gigan" and he said "It's possible."

Now, mind you, I think this was a few days before the news on the MUTO figures came through. This was late January/early February, so yeah.

So I ran through the rouge gallery and based on the MUTO's description, I think it is possible it could be Kamacuras, just more of a badass. And weren't there multiple Kamacuras in the Showa series? If there's multiple MUTOs, then I think it's a possibility.

Then again, in the trailer we see Serizawa by a giant hole, and Megalon could definitely be in the mix. 

I have no idea on what could be "different" about the atomic breath, so good luck to anyone who can think of something. Maybe it's a fireball instead?

As for what Godzilla is protecting... I can't necessarily figure that out for sure, but I have an idea. First off, it's not eggs. I asked and he said no. But that doesn't mean it can't be something along the lines of Minilla. If this new Godzilla has bear qualities in it, wouldn't that make sense? A bear watches out for its cub, therefore Godzilla protecting Minilla from humanity would make sense.

However, I would also like to bring forth what Gareth Edwards said about doing a Destroy All Monsters-esque sequel. We all would love that, right? But why introduce all of those monsters in a sequel and overload it? Why not do it right off the bat and give just a little bit of a bunch of, I dunno, classic Godzilla monsters? Maybe Godzilla, King of the Monsters, is protecting all of them and they're in hiding, Minilla included, which could end with Godzilla and the rest of the monsters finding Monster Island and residing there until the next sequel.

Anywho, if you read all of this, thank you. You rock. If any of this has been discussed, then hey, just say it. I just felt like dumping this info on you guys because I finally made sense of it and felt like it had speculation to go with. Trailer trops in about 10 hours so maybe we'll get more info sooner than later!

8 Replies

Chris

AdminSpaceGodzillaFeb-25-2014 12:21 AM

You know, you're the second person to have said that the MUTO are modernized classic Monsters, and Gigan, Megalon and Kamacuras were also hinted a by the last person to reveal they had some inside info. Many here scoffed at the idea, claiming BS, but you know I'm not gonna be so quick to deny it.

I spoke to the GM at my local theater and he said they just got a new Godzilla trailer like this past week. Aside from that he didn't know much though unfortunately.

I expect the atomic breath might be like how it was in the 1954 original, not so much a straight beem, but more so like a ray of atomic heat, which disperses as it's released. Either way it sounds great!

We know so far that quite a few private screenings have been held, Slash even commented after seeing an early version. Said it was badass and epic. 

Do I think you're making this up? Naw, I'll give any idea a go and it would certainly be pretty sweet if you were right. It would also tie in nicely to Edwards' plans to make a "Destroy All Monsters" sequel. I'd pay mad money to see that.

Hyped for: Alien: Romulus | Badlands (Predator 6) | Cloverfield 4

Durp004

MemberBaragonFeb-25-2014 12:50 AM

It seems like he's combining a lot of different sources from what he's telling you. For instance Godzilla protectings something was waid before I believe on what was supposedly a leaked script that came up on toho kingdom. Muto having claws like Gigan was from the toy review and there are a few other things I've seen that have popped up before, as the atomic breath eing "different".

This could either mean all of those were true, or he's simply a fan of Godzilla who has seen them on the internet like some of us and is messing with you saying it's all fact.

junkerde

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-25-2014 1:10 AM

might be messing with you

but IF it's real this is what I think.

He says godzilal is protecting something and tells you to refer to previous movies, I think it's more simple than you think. He's protecting the Earth. These mutos will cause mayhem and lay down humanity and Godzilla (possibly) so hes finishing them off, maybe theres a territory hes defending, but overall it could just be the broad idea of him protecting the earth. 

Unless theres a huge twist and he's protecting a young godzilla or Spousezilla

Derk Ender

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-25-2014 1:21 AM

thinking about it now has me wondering about megalon, because in the comic con trailer remember in the city something was dead on the ground it looked sort of like megalon. 

Madison

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-25-2014 2:12 AM

I think this is all pretty much bull. Not just your sources, but I think you, yourself are actually lying to us, which is worse than just being misinformed. 

This thread is almost a WORD FOR WORD RIP-OFF of a thread that was posted on here three weeks ago. 

Here is the link: http://www.godzilla-movies.com/community/forums/topic/31058

The thread here itself does a decent part picking apart how the points (especially point 2) are pretty weak sauce, and basically the same type of 'safe-bet' crap trolls pull when trying to pretend they have sources.

Now, I will concede, it's physically possible that your source now and Chris's source then are the same, you just didn't know it. Starts singing: 'it's a small world after all'....but I doubt it. Odds are mathematically slim. 

If you weren't sharing sources, there is NO WAY the information would be this similar between threads.

And if you KNEW you were sharing sources with Chris, why didn't you pop up on the Feb. 6th thread? Or mention your source was the same as Chris' in today's post to lend it some legitimacy?

The most likely bet is that you aren't sharing sources.....you just copy/pasted Chris's old thread, did some minor re-wording, and threw in a BS story about working in a movie theater for good measure. Obviously I can't be 100% certain on that, but it's the most likely scenario given the evidence.

Now I'm sure you got some half-baked excuses on reserve to explain yourself  as most trolls do....and you'll probably have some of the more gullible people on here fooled....but I ain't buying it. 

Gojira 2014

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-25-2014 2:30 AM

Agreed Madison. This whole topic sounds really stupid( no offense). I officially declare BS on this thread.

I have become death.......the casher at the donut shop.......

MIKEKOCHZILLA

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-25-2014 6:42 AM

The movie is supposed to be more human. That means Godzilla is the background to the human story. Similar to the original. Time and time again, nature points out the foley of man.

junkerde

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-25-2014 9:30 AM

godzilla-movies you've been had, this OP is a known fraud to cause stir on other boards with teh same username, hes been banned from tohokingdom and scifi japan. this is troll bait much like the 3 second and 4 second "leaks" hoax

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
74% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums