Godzilla Movie

What did you think of the CG in the new trailer?

713 Views11 Replies
Forum Topic

4Kaiju

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-26-2014 7:20 PM
I've thought the CG was pretty good. despite few viewers posting comments saying the CG looks terrible, the only part that felt off for me is where Godzilla emerges from the ocean (as I said in my last Topic) and the water didn't looked that deep, unless he is coming out of the ground under it. Bottom line CG was great
11 Replies

DC67

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-26-2014 7:24 PM

I thought the scene where he swims under the aircraft carrier was pretty good, I didn't realize that I was seeing his body in that shot until my second viewing. However the ships that rise up in the wake didn't look as convincing...reminded me of the old Toho pool! They seem to irse and bounce around a little too rapidly for ships that big and heavy. I'll have to look at it again.

Akagi

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-26-2014 7:37 PM

I don't wanna play the devils advocate but I wasn't very impressed with the CG, particularly him swimming under the bridge... that looked pretty hoakey to me.

Lots of the destruction scenes looked pretty silly too...

but then again, its Godzilla, I honestly don't care-- I'd say the CGI in the movie is onpar with most Legendary pictures CG, its acceptable, not fantastic. 

This is also trailer CG and probably not final product CG. 

He is 350ft Tall people, those things on his neck ARE gills, and the Brazil photo is part of the final advertising design-- Deal with it.

junkerde

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-26-2014 7:48 PM

The tropical scene looked weird, probably due to him rising really fast having a less realistic look, and probably because the colors, we aren't used to that natural coloring. other small gripes here and there about the cg.

Godzilla says 4/5 stars

godzillafan1995

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-26-2014 7:52 PM

did you know that the 1954 scenes were filmed using 60's film equipment

junkerde

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-26-2014 7:54 PM

^Ah yes I remember that article,  almost forgot about that one, I wonder if it was that tropical scene that used it

Linkzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-26-2014 8:06 PM

To be honest, the CGI was pretty unimpressive to me, for probably a few different reasons: I had high expectations due to the fact that the director did all of the CGI for Monsters himself, the teaser trailer used smoke, darkness, and a lot of relatively still or slow CG shots cleverly to make it look better than it probably really was, and I just recently saw Aliens for the first time, which kind of set pretty high standards in my mind for special effects. But, even if it weren't for that, the CGI in the trailer looked even more cartoony than CGI usually does to me, and it didn't blend in well with the live action footage in many scenes.

Linkman89

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-26-2014 8:46 PM

Not goina lie, I've watched the trailer at least a dozen times and I thought the CGI looked pretty damn good! I slow down and carefully look at the part with the destroyers going up as Godzilla swam under them, but the fact is for how big he is they would end up moving around like bathtub toys.  That being said there was a lot of detail on them so I thought that scene was pretty darn good.  The destruction was also really really impressive to me. especially Vegas and the part with the tail.  Godzilla himself looked real and scary.  There is still several more months of touch ups, though, and considering this trailer got delayed, that tells me there is still a lot of work to go.  I'm not worried, I think it will at least be on par with Pacific Rim, if not better (we won't have constant rain obscuring our views of the kaiju :) )

ゴジラ 2014 Rules

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-26-2014 9:03 PM

it ok i will give it a 7/10

King_of_Zombies

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-26-2014 10:09 PM

Maybe the SFX are not as good as Pacific Rim´s, but is way better than Peter Jackson´s King Kong and James Cameron´s Avatar, so its pretty cool for me ;D

hilsdorf84

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-26-2014 11:54 PM

This discussion makes me angry 

Godzillaser

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-27-2014 4:40 AM

Some scenes, CG looked awesome ,but some scenes looked suck!

I hope they will fix it.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Xenotaris
Xenotaris » Gigan
87% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
73% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums