Godzilla Movie

IGN Rodan theory

3804 Views66 Replies
Forum Topic

Anthony.1432

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-07-2014 10:27 PM

if you watch the IGN video where they talk about 20 minutes of the movie they saw, they mention a huge surprise that is shown during the halo jump AND the train scene. They also mentioned there is clues to what it is in their trailer review, if you watch that the only predictions they make is that rodan is in a scene.... so is it that much of a reach to say they paid a licensing fee with their cogillion dollar budget to bring in a twist?

66 Replies

kaijugroupie84

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-07-2014 10:33 PM

(And once again) it is not Rodan.  We now have pictures of the enemy kaiju, if that isn't enough to disprove the Rodan theory...

Anthony.1432

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-07-2014 10:36 PM

Or maybe they aren't revealing the secret since it's, idk a twist? If you knew everything about a movie why go see it? I'm sure the sixth sense marketed Bruce Willis as a ghost the entire time right ?

Anthony.1432

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-07-2014 10:38 PM

But maybe you wrote and directed the movie so maybe you know.

kaijugroupie84

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-07-2014 10:42 PM

@Anthony.1432, no, Rodan would be kinda stupid to add into a movie that's supposed to be reintroducing the character to a new audience.  We fans would be the only ones to understand who Rodan is, maybe have an easter-egg about him, but save a Toho Kaiju for the sequels.

Anthony.1432

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-07-2014 10:46 PM

people don't need to see the origin story of it to enjoy the character, it could be a nod to fans to know it's him, and plus IGN basically came out and said that's what the secret was, I'm not pulling this out of thin air.

G2K

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-07-2014 10:47 PM

I think that confirms there is one godzilla.

Its either that the skeleton was for 1954 Gojira OR rodan is in the movie, or both :)

Durp004

MemberBaragonMar-07-2014 10:52 PM

^or neither. I'm gonna go with that answer.

Looking at the other foes there's no way Rodan would fit in with them. If they were reptilian, and looked like dinosaurs then I could see a nod at Rodan to go with the other pair, but they have no similarities so unless Rodan comes completely out of left field I don't see it happening

Anthony.1432

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-07-2014 10:54 PM

@G2k Yea I was actually going to mention the skeleton but it's not the godzilla shape or anatomy looks like a muto, but I could be wrong, but good idea! I like where your heads at

Anthony.1432

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-07-2014 10:57 PM

I don't think Rodan needs to fit in with the Mutos, with the writers they have he could come from a number of different angles.

kaijugroupie84

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-07-2014 11:04 PM

Gareth said that the origami in the beginning of the trailer has meaning to the "Big Spoiler" after the HALO jump.  I'm placing a bet that Godzilla flies like in Godzilla vs Hedorah O___O 

Anthony.1432

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-07-2014 11:06 PM

Or the origami is shaped like Rodan?

Linkman89

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-08-2014 12:04 AM

First off we don't know for sure that it WONT be Rodan so people need to stop saying that. Second there are several other monsters in the movie so knowing that one kaiju isn't Rodan doesn't mean that Rodan isn't in the film. The toy that's been revealed doesn't exactly look like a flyer. Finally introducing Rodan is far from a bad idea. Having new and old monsters alike is always a great idea for a film like this. We'll have to wait and see though 

Anthony.1432

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-08-2014 12:12 AM

^Exactly

free5

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-08-2014 1:29 AM

I agree with Linkman89.  While I don't personally care one way or another as far as classic Toho monsters showing up in this film is concerned (I'd be perfectly satisfied with just Godzilla and the Mutos), I've been confused at the number of people stating as indisputable fact that no classic monsters would appear.  The most I've heard from official sources actually linked with the film is that the Mutos in particular would be creatures completely original to this new film.

Jazmyne

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-08-2014 2:33 AM

just wow.

The internet; immortalizing stupidity every day.

AggressiveKaiju45

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-08-2014 5:16 AM

Actually in an empire interview with Gareth Edwards, he was describing some of the key points in the main trailer, and he confirmed that none of the old toho monsters are in this film.

Life is very simple, but we insist on making it complicated.

DannyBlazor

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-08-2014 7:52 AM

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&docid=UxDPcRU4ybZB7M&tbnid=WSNYhJ3fyuVXnM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fkamakoa09.deviantart.com%2Fart%2FGodzilla-2014-i-shall-call-him-SQUISHY-437880906&ei=TCAbU92xOIqQ2QWIi4DYBQ&psig=AFQjCNHdv7UN0zm5-XBuXVaQStKCsez-Xg&ust=1394372976207496

DannyBlazor

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-08-2014 7:53 AM

Oops

Anthony.1432

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-08-2014 9:03 AM

Ofcourse he would say there is no other Toho monsters, that's why they call it a secret... people are so gullible. 

WRSMOV

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-08-2014 11:24 AM

there is another classic monster in the new film. godzilla always call for help if there's more than two monsters against godzilla. there'll be a lot of mutos, they're like ants crawling everywhere and coming out of giant holes. also the director says he'll like to do destory all monsters in the sequel so we will see another classic monsters in the film leading up to the sequel.

TW_G-Fan2014

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-08-2014 12:15 PM

ANTHONY.1432 - You are doing the same thing that a few other people have done.

You are projecting your own desires and hopes for the movie into a jumble of information that never once even mentioned your own theory.

That doesn't work ANTHONY.1432.

Rodan is not in this movie. He never was, and he never will be. It has been confirmed by Gareth Edwards himself that all the monsters aside from Godzilla are original and brand new because he wanted to bring something new to the table.

By continuing to support the false rumor that Rodan is in this film, I translate that as you being a troll. Nobody likes a troll ANTHONY.1432. Please don't try and argue or spread this false rumor any further.

It's been 100% confirmed by Gareth Edwards directly, as well as Legendary as a whole, that there are no Toho Kaiju in this film aside from Godzilla himself. Please do not continue to troll with this false rumor about Rodan. It's not funny, it doesn't help anyone, it starts arguments and unnecessarily heated debates, and it's entirely untrue.

Thank you.

Anthony.1432

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-08-2014 12:30 PM

Oh yea Im sorry, I forgot to explain, me and IGN got together and decided to prank the world by releasing videos on their page. You guys are all so gullible, unless you wrote the movie stop telling me that you know for a fact that it's not true. In speculating based on evidence provided, and I'm not claiming it to be fact. 

You people are taking the word of a directer who denies the claims because he's PROTECTING THE TWIST.

if you are going to tell me it's not true, you better have some proof you've either:

A. Seen the movie.

B. Wrote the movie. 

If you don't meet any of the qualifications listed above, your the Troll. 

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaMar-08-2014 12:41 PM

Guys, this is schewing a little too close to a flamewar. Lets try not taking the information personally. If you disagree, explain why then move on. Flame baiting users or calling each other trolls ends here.

If anyone does it again they will be immediately reported and the topic will be closed. Play nice.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Anthony.1432

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-08-2014 12:53 PM

Im glad I got to stir up such a passionate debate though, atleast people care about it enough to want to waterboard me for presenting a theory.

junkerde

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-08-2014 1:42 PM

I love you Rodan lover's who are in denial, Rodan isn't in the movie. It's ok to cry , just learn to let it go and understand there will be no Rodan. You keep putting out "facts" but it's the denial talking. Here's how to solve that problem

Step 1: Admitting

Step 2: Moving On

Let's all move on Rodan lovers and accept the fate of the movie.

Anthony.1432

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-08-2014 1:57 PM

I'm so happy the writing staff took the time out of the busy day to come here and tell us the truth. Thank you for enlightening us @junkerde, you must work for legendary right?

Dinozilla0439

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-08-2014 2:16 PM

*Sigh* Guys, when Gman commented on here I think he meant for everyone to stop arguing. Anthony, I really like Rodan- I love dinosaurs and he's really pterosaur-like, so he's definitely one of my most favorite Godzilla monsters. But a lot of us have heard everything Gareth has said, and he has pretty much confirmed there won't be ANY of the old monsters in this movie. Like you, it would thrill me, and I would love to see a Toho monster in it, but we have more evidence AGAINST it than PROVING it, or even calling it possible.

In the trailer breakdown video with Gareth, you can clearly tell by what he says about starting from scratch that he actually didn't WANT to put a Toho monster in the film. If he did, why not do it to begin with? Why even make a new monster? Yeah, the idea of designing a new monster AND including an old one is a cool idea, but I think like Junkerde is saying about it being the denial part of us talking, we just like the idea too much and are trying to prove it by putting things together that we're calling 'evidence' that isn't even evidence. Now I'll repeat that I really like Rodan just like you, and I would be happy to find out that I'm wrong, but from what we've all heard and seen so far it's just... too unlikely.

And last, there's no need to be so rude about it. If you believe Rodan will be in the movie that's up to you, but please everyone stop getting on each others case and try to get along. Everyone has a right to their own opinion, and shouldn't be slammed for stating what they believe.

Anthony.1432

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-08-2014 2:46 PM

People that don't believe Rodan is in this movie make me sick! (Louis CK)

Dinozilla0439

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-08-2014 2:59 PM

Everyone has a right to their own opinions. But let's all see the movie before we call our opinions 'facts'. And that goes to everyone, not just Anthony.

junkerde

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-08-2014 3:03 PM

@Anthony

according to your logic then ,YOU must be working for legendary, because you absolutely KNOW Rodan is in this movie! GOD just shot down a beam of enlightment on Anthony, now we know the answer to the world's hidden meaning

Also thanks to you, this is why Godzilla-movies has a laughable reputation. Rodan?  are you kidding me? THanks for making a fool of yourself so I didn't have to LOL! I laugh at your displeasure, take your unrequited love for Rodan elsewhere

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Xenotaris
Xenotaris » Gigan
87% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
73% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums