Godzilla Movie

Godzilla (2014) Merchandising Thread Policies!

Locked1552 Views16 Replies
Forum Topic

InstinctiveGigan

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-16-2014 2:08 PM

DISCLAIMER:

I'm speaking for myself and the rest of the staff of the site when I say we love you guys, without the fans this site and Godzilla himself would be nothing. So saying that, I want you to know that we are not doing this to spoil anyone's fun or to be power hungry a-holes, we just want to be as organized as possible because, let's face it, with the movie nearing the site will only get more and more crowded.

Knowing this we're gonna try to control the site posts where we know it'll get hectic: the merchandising. We understand everyone wants to give their reviews, updates, and so on with the merchandising; especially since it'll vary from figures, to apparel, to other various forms of merchandising. But you see, the forums have already reached over 1500 different discussions/topics with just Godzilla 2014 alone, which is crazy enough, so we wanna try and control the discussions before it gets crazier.

So as of tomorrow, when the embargo lifts, there's gonna be a few policies we'll be looking out for as of then. So if I bored you with the details here's a summary of what's going down:

- A single "Merchandise Thread" has been made and continues to grow strong in posts (link given at the bottom), here you will post everything merchandising; whether you find something new in the stores, or you wish to share your reviews of stuff you bought, or if you find something new online (the NECA and Sideshow stuff for example), and even if you wanna share your 2014 collection, etc.

- Any topics related to merchandising that could easily have been put in the "Merchandising Thread" will be locked and we will try our best to direct you to it for you to post there. Please don't give us angry messages or e-mails, understand what we're trying to do. Plus, like I said, we're not doing this to spoil fun or to "appear above" anyone, it's for the best of the organization of the site.

- If you have a merchandise related topic you wish to create but want to know if it's worth being seperate from the normal "Merchandise Thread" contact me or any of the other moderators/admins about it. If it's worth being seperate, we'll allow it; no locks!

If you have any other questions, like stated above, contact me or any of the other staff on the site. Once again this is for the good of the site, it's been a little crazy lately controlling discussions as it is, with the embargo being lifted tomorrow it'll get worse. Thank you for your cooperation and we love all of you. It's a mere 2 months from here to the movie, so bear with us and enjoy the ride!

THANKS FOR READING!

OFFICIAL GODZILLA (2014) MERCHANDISING THREAD HERE!

16 Replies

KingKaijuGojira

MemberTitanosaurusMar-16-2014 2:13 PM

Wait is this the merchandising thread? Also where can I find that picture?

\"SKREEONGK!\" -Godzilla

InstinctiveGigan

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-16-2014 2:19 PM

@KINGKAIJUGOJIRA This is NOT the merchandising thread. I'm glad you asked, it'll be posted later today and I'll edit this topic with a link to it. Oh and if you search "Godzilla 2014" on deviantart it should be one of the first results. ;)

Dragonlord Tevin

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-16-2014 2:20 PM

I understand, yeah theres been waaayyyyy too much threads like seriously, one thread about one topic should actually be the new feature on this website

KingKaijuGojira

MemberTitanosaurusMar-16-2014 2:26 PM

Thank you InstinctiveGigan. You have been a great help for me.

\"SKREEONGK!\" -Godzilla

Gojira2K

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-16-2014 2:28 PM

Thank you for addressing this.

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Ernest Hemingway.

Dinozilla0439

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-16-2014 2:34 PM

I completely agree with you. There's no need for repeat topics, and I'm pretty sure that like you said, this website is going to be crazy tomorrow if you don't do this. I think it's a great idea.

KingKaijuGojira

MemberTitanosaurusMar-16-2014 2:40 PM

HOLY CRAP THE EMBARGO ENDS TOMORROW! I just realized that. Now I get why your making the Merchandise thread. Also when I was typing the first sentence, I kept hearing Peter Griffin from Family Guy say it. Can't you imagine that. Peter Griffin saying that. I can.

\"SKREEONGK!\" -Godzilla

Dragonlord Tevin

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-16-2014 2:44 PM

Haha I can totally imagine Peter Griffin saying that hahaha

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaMar-16-2014 2:48 PM

For the sake of confusion we'll probably lock this one down before we make the new one. I'm glad so many agree with this decision though. We just want everyone (or as many as possible) to be on the same page. There's no reason to make entirely new threads about how you pre-ordered a toy or found a new image of the latest figure...etc... We can have one thread for that and everyone can sound off every opinion and thought they have about it there without making repeat topics or topics that are nothing more than sub-topics of other threads.

The majority of the topics made in the Godzilla 2014 section are repeat threads. I mean, come on fellas, how ridiculous is it that a forum section about one movie that has yet to come out has 1,500 discussions and another forum section about a 28 movie film series spanning 60 years has only 296 discussions? In truth it's because the Classic Godzilla section has far less repeat topics than the Godzilla 2014 section. We need minimize this as much as possible.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Akagi

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-16-2014 3:37 PM

I like the idea of this.

Too bad over excited fans aren't going to bother reading any of this and they are probably going to post stuff anyway.

Mods, your work will be cut out for you in the next few days. Have fun. 

He is 350ft Tall people, those things on his neck ARE gills, and the Brazil photo is part of the final advertising design-- Deal with it.

Daikaiju Danielle

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-16-2014 7:06 PM

Thank you, InstinctiveGigan! :) I hope people follow these rules.

"Daddy's home- cake every night,"

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonMar-16-2014 7:13 PM

Me too.  Thank you for your effort to keep the news and updates streamlined and more easily accessable!  Hopefully I will be posting some Godzilla toy goodness on the new page soon! :)

"Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science Fiction is the improbable made possible." -Rod Serling

The Godzilla Novelization Project: Follow Along Today!

dalek8

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-16-2014 7:19 PM

I wish I could get merch. :( Tight on money.

True American Godzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-16-2014 10:04 PM

I love the idea of one thread for the American Godzilla merchandise. I was browsing Godzilla stuff when I stumbled upon I think are legit American Godzilla merchandise.

Let me introduce them to you... (the site I found these didn't give much on where these were found, so until we can confirm these treat these as "possible" merchandise)

1: Looks like a production image for a kids American Godzilla t-shirt. The Godzilla design matches the American Godzilla so this maybe legit.

2: I think this is a logo, but for what I'm not sure. It's the state of Texas with the word Godzilla in it and the full body outline of the American Godzilla!

3: We've seen a zoomed in version of this pic, which shares the same pose as seen on the "Light and Sound" figure. This only shows most of the body as Godzilla wades through the water. Sadly this is the biggest I could find so detail is very small.

I believe in Jesus Christ, who's my Lord and Savior.

John 3:16, Job 41:1-34, Leviticus 18:22

InstinctiveGigan

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-16-2014 10:29 PM

@TRUE AMERICAN GODZILLA This isn't actually the merchandise thread. It'll be made in a little bit before the embargo ends, I'll make sure to lock this thread once the merchandising thread is up don't worry! :) This thread is merely a warning and insurance in case someone complains we "never said anything". Those are some excellent finds though! You should definitely add it to the thread once it arrives!

InstinctiveGigan

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-17-2014 1:07 AM

Alright guys I'm locking this thread, the only purpose this topic serves now is a set of policies people can read at any time. Thanks again for your cooperation!

Add A Reply
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
SasquaDash
SasquaDash » Anguirus
89% To Next Rank
Monsterzero9
Monsterzero9 » Anguirus
77% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
71% To Next Rank
Moldovan0731
Moldovan0731 » Baragon
28% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums