Godzilla Movie

Do you like the fact that Godzilla is being portrayed realisticly?

1284 Views14 Replies
Forum Topic

4Kaiju

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-16-2014 4:38 PM

I always wanted to see how the character would look like if he was realistic, so I am really looking forward to his realistic approach opposing to the ruber suits.

14 Replies

godzillafan1995

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-16-2014 5:12 PM

you make as if the realistic thing of this movie is his design when really the realistic aspect is his effect on humanity, things like the death toll, the destruction and colllapse of civilisation and possibly his effect on the global economy, that is what i like for what this movie is doing. just like people like a serious war movie from a different perspective this movie will finally give us a serious perspective that we have only seen in Gojira and Cloverfield and this is NOT a found footage film which makes it better

Svanya

AdminGiganMar-16-2014 5:21 PM

I really like that, I never was a fan of the suits. sorry guys. :(

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonMar-16-2014 5:32 PM

@Godzillafan1995:

You're totally right.  The realism will be in the impact of a fantastical element (giant monsters) on the world.  A monster that defies explanation is scary enough.  Unleashing it upon human civilization, which has no way to defend itself, is something all together more horrifying.  This film is going to blow...our... MINDS! :D

@Svanya:

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

"Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science Fiction is the improbable made possible." -Rod Serling

The Godzilla Novelization Project: Follow Along Today!

Svanya

AdminGiganMar-16-2014 5:36 PM

@Svanya:

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

^^ I know, I know!! It's not that it's bad, it just never appealed to me. I really took an interest when I saw the trailers to this movie. It looks amazing.

KingKaijuGojira

MemberTitanosaurusMar-16-2014 6:08 PM

I like rubber suits. It just made it look realistic to me. With the minatue buildings and everything. Making movies with rubber suits is an art. But the CGI approach is good too, as long as it isn't a repeat of 1998 and says true to the Godzilla character.

\"SKREEONGK!\" -Godzilla

godzillafan1995

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-16-2014 6:13 PM

it would be nearly impossible for them to be like Godzilla 1998 unless they tried to, with the amont of pressure gareth edwards has had and still puts up with and the amont of valuble infomation he has given while still being spoiler free, there is no way this movie can either be like or do worse than godzilla 1998

kaijusrock

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-16-2014 8:49 PM

at least we didnt get this 

Linkzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-16-2014 9:16 PM

Like others have said, I doubt Godzilla himself will be realistic - in fact, if the brief description of him on the box of the giant Godzilla toy is any indication, the explanation for his abilities will be pretty much exactly the same as in the Toho movies. On the topic of the suits, though, although I'm sure the special effects in the film will be awesome, there's always this slight dissapoinment in my mind that they opted for it to use all CGI, all the time, just like every other movie these days. I've been waiting a while for a high profile, big budget Hollywood movie to finally prove to the general public that not only is CGI not the only way to make realistic special effects, really high quality practical effects, including suitimation (see Aliens, Hellboy 1 and 2, and the Jurassic Park series for examples), make even the best CGI look cartoony by comparison. I'm not saying that CGI is necessarily the "lazy" route - as I'm aware that it is about as expensive and time-consuming to make as, say, stop motion - but it is less creative, interesting and life-like than practical effects done by a talented enough team with a high enough budget. I was thinking that Godzilla, with its history of impressive SFX achievments, would be just the right monster for the job, but I guess I'll just have to keep waiting and hoping for someone else to finally buck the trend and bring the film industry out of this endless ocean of CGI.

Madison

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-16-2014 9:59 PM

I don't think it's possible to do a 100% realistic Godzilla. But I am glad they are trying to do a realistic movie. Not so much about the creature itself, but about it's impact and humanities response. 

Rather than like: Godzilla attacks....what should we do??? Let's shoot a black hole at him!

Godzilla attacks....what should we do??? Let's build a giant Godzilla sized robot to do battle!

Godzilla attacks.....what should we do??? Let's choloform a monkey and haul it to Mt. Fuji to do battle......

I like how this movie is going more for the route of: Godzilla attacks! How do we evacuate our cities, how does our government respond, how does medical care continue, how does the military react, how do scientists handle of the situation. 

The situation itself is always going to be a little preposterous. Which is fine. But it's nice to see a movie where the human response will not be equally fantastical. 

True American Godzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-16-2014 10:10 PM

I love the idea of Godzilla and the other kaijus being portrayed realistically. In fact, I think this is the first film that tries to go great lengths to make the monsters as plausible as possible.  Most giant monster films have the creature being a mutation, usually into unrealistic sizes (plus adding new featurs that radiation wouldn't do).

This movie has the Godzilla species from long ago back when Earth had loads more radiation, slowly making them bigger and stronger. How many films can you name that takes these kinds of measure to make their monsters as real as possible? It adds to that "this could really happen" feel and I love it!

I believe in Jesus Christ, who's my Lord and Savior.

John 3:16, Job 41:1-34, Leviticus 18:22

GODZILLA HIMSELF

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-17-2014 2:22 AM

@madison

hehe, i just like the black hole one, shows how tough godzilla really is.

king of the monsters

Fai Nathaniel

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-17-2014 5:47 AM
I enjoy the nostalgia of the older suits with the more obscene plots, but I also like the realistic take as if this was an actual disaster. Prime example; 1954.
\"The best since 1954. No questions asked. . ."

Goji_54

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-17-2014 7:24 AM

I think people need to understand just how much work went into creating the miniatures and the suits.  Those suit actors passed out on the regular from the weight and the heat.  The miniatures were painstaking recreations of real locations right down to the billboards. If you look at the films from the nineties and early oughts, the SPFX work is fantastic.  They paid real attention to scale and the computer compositing is excellent. The mechanisms they put into the creature's features were also very advanced.

It's easy to look at those movies and go, "Yeah, that's a toy boat," but appreciating how far they pushed a $15,000,000 to $20,000,000 budget on those movies to do what was considered impossible when the first film was made is to recognize a real cinematic achievement.

Godzillatheking123

MemberBaragonMar-17-2014 10:22 AM

Yes, as some posters already pointed out, what is realistic is the human (and government) reaction to the monsters, not the actual monster itself. I mean, a 365 foot monster that breaths atomic rays out of his mouth? Come on, that is scientifically impossible.

Actually the whole use of word "realistic" here is somewhat misleading, since you are talking about what would happen if a real kaiju attacks a city. Perhaps "plausible" is a better word. What is the most likely or plausible reaction that governments and people would take in response to a giant monster attack.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Xenotaris
Xenotaris » Gigan
87% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
74% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums