Godzilla Movies

New Gamera movie!!

npinkham19

[Log in to remove this ad]

28 Replies

Smaug The Magnificent

Wasn't there a thread for this already?

timothyzilla1996

I've been checking for this (googling once every few months) for probably the last 8 years. This is exciting news.

Gman2887

@Smaug,

Yeah right here: http://www.godzilla-movies.com/community/forums/topic/32368

It's buried pretty far down and... oddly, not even in the same section. Not that either should matter, but I'm going to give this thread a pass just this once. Lets make sure we have no more repeat threads on this topic fellas.

Deadite Kaiju

Sounds cool, I like Gamera although I have only seen the very first one. Before it's release I might buy all the Gamera films on DVD and have a marathon.

Gman2887

@Deadite Kaiju

Skip ahead and pick up the Gamera Trilogy immediately! Every kaiju fan must see those wonderful films-- the best of modern daikaiju.

Smaug The Magnificent

@Gman alright Fair enough

Godzillatheking123

If you want to talk about Gamera, you have to include the 90's Gamera trilogy (Gamera: Guardian of the Universe in 95, Gamera: Attack of Legion in 96 and Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris in '99).

The 90's Gamera trilogy was, in my humble opinion, the best Gamera films. Great effects for a kaiju films and more involving characters. In fact, I will go so far as to say the 90's Gamera trilogy is actually better than some of the Heisei-era Godzilla films. Its not surprising that Shusuke Kaneko, the director of the Gamera trilogy, was also the director for GMK (Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack), considered by many to be the best Godzilla film of the Millenium era.

KingKaijuGojira

Yes! It's about time for him to make a come back. I hope they give Gamera an ally besides the children of the world. Hasn't anyone else noticed how Gamera doesn't have a single monster ally. I hope he fights Gyaos again. The Gyaos are my favorite of his enemies after Iris. The Gyaos used to give me nightmares when I was younger, but I out grew them.

FordBrodyLover99

Gamera, huh? Im excited, although i havent seen any of the Gamera movies, but i have always really wanted to watch them, they look like fun. I guess is should get my behind up and see if i can find some of them. 

But i wonder how a modern day Gamera movie is going to be. I really hope they wont take it all to serious, and i also hope we will see some of those cool villains i`ve seen and heard of back.

dopepope

It was bound to happen. Could be a beautiful renaissance for all things Kaiju in these coming times. Thanks to PacRim and now G2014! 

doggiezilla

I like how his name has gamer in it.

Linkman89

you guys should definitely check out the Gamera films but dont just check out the new trilogy, go back and watch the originals as well! They're worth the watch much like the older Godzilla films are! Also, for those who haven't check out the Kaiju film Gorgo!

Linkman89

you guys should definitely check out the Gamera films but dont just check out the new trilogy, go back and watch the originals as well! They're worth the watch much like the older Godzilla films are! Also, for those who haven't check out the Kaiju film Gorgo!

Gman2887

@GodzillaThe King123

Spot on. I'm not afraid to say the Gamera Trilogy, as a whole, is better than the Millennium and Heisei Godzilla films. vs. Biollante, Godzilla 2000 and GMK comes close though.

Gman2887

EDIT: I didn't even bother clicking the link at the top. So the info this is new to me. Apparently Japan has known about this movie since early Feburary?

August Ragone wrote the book, Eiji Tsuburaya: Master of Monsters, he's an insanely trusted source. So apparently this thing has been in pre-production for quite some time.

It's not a lot to go off of, but it's more information than what we had from the prior rumors.

Username

Password

or Register an Account
For all things Godzilla
Latest Godzilla Discussions
0 replies
Colossus By Design: Entry 0015 - The Alpha

Dec-20-2014 5:33 PM

3 replies
I need information on neca godzilla 1994

Dec-20-2014 1:08 PM

6 replies
Suggestions for my first Stop Motion movie.

Dec-20-2014 11:37 AM

1 replies
Godzilla vs Pacific Rim Chapter 4 + Picture

Dec-20-2014 10:35 AM

4 replies
i need some info on g fest

Dec-20-2014 10:19 AM

Latest Godzilla Images
Recent Status Updates
Gojira2K Going good
Fernandosaurus Rex Heyyy everybody!!! How's it going?
TheGMan123 tinyurl.com/gmanseries Godzilla VS Gamera, an old rivalry revived in my latest entry
TheGMan123 Entry 15, now on Godzilla-Movies.com
TheGMan123 The first talk of an entity some know as the Godzilla. My series? The Alpha
Sci-Fi King25 Hopefully we'll have enough for other systems! (In the US, Xbox is more popular than PS, plus a few hundred people want it for other systems.)
Danzilla93 Yep, look for it this summer in North America! Bandai Namco heard us!
Part of the Scified Fan Site Network
© 2012 - 2014 Scified.com
Legal | Terms of Use

Need help using the site? Stop by our Help & FAQ Blog for helpful tips on how to use this website!

Learn more about Scified and our network here!