Godzilla Movie

The Multi-legged Kaiju (from the ComicCon trailer) look like these real-life creatures.

8110 Views20 Replies
Forum Topic

Anguirus Darretta

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-22-2014 4:39 PM

Hi guys, Anguirus here to share my theory on the mystery kaiju nobody seems to know anything about from the Comic Con trailer. You all remember him from the pan shot across his burning massive body, clawed arms curled up like a fried beetle.

I was browsing online when I cam across ‘waterbears,’ a microorganism that survives under incredible heat and freezing cold, has the ability to live without sustenance for years on end, and habitates almost every known environment on the planet. Note: this is a real thing, look them up. Also searchable under “tardigrades” and “moss piglets.” Quite freaky little buggers. 

Think of that, only Godzilla sized!

Waterbears can go without food or water for more than a decade. They can survive temperatures from 0 to above 100°C.

From what I gather, every living thing in Godzilla 2014 has made it through the passages of time under the influence of radiation and mutation, except for Bryan Cranston :) Could Gareth Edwards have chosen to include a less formidable, but more familiar lifeform in the film to add to the realism factor? It would all make more sense if our monsters were primitive organisms, either transformed by subterranean radiation or just big, nasty bugs. Think back to the scene in the teaser trailer with Dr. Serizawa squinting up out of the massive cavern, or the bottomless pits ‘leaked’ from the M.U.T.O. website... Could these have been exit tunnels from our waterbear, rising from a fossil den to crawl through modern civilization? We know those tunnels weren't from Godzilla, and they certainly don’t seem to fit the body types of the winged or eight legged Mutos. It would have to be more of a burrowing creature, tubular and bulbous in shape, multiple digging arms/claws.... MUTO Waterbear! Bingo!

His reptilian claws and lumbering, charred body only had a few seconds in a trailer that was never even officially released, sad to say. But my guess is that this kaiju will make a grand appearance in the film. We already know that if it does, it will meet its fate by either military bomb assault or the Bad, Blue Breath.

Please, please Google search this tiny creature yourself and share your thoughts! Is this a discounted MUTO or simply a monster we will have to wait to see on May 16th?

Source: Waterbears in Space + Tumblr

*Images embedded By Svanya

20 Replies

Anguirus Darretta

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-22-2014 5:10 PM

Svanya

AdminGiganMar-22-2014 5:46 PM

I can try and fix it, one second. :)

Anguirus Darretta

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-22-2014 5:51 PM

thank you, robot lady

Svanya

AdminGiganMar-22-2014 5:52 PM

You are most welcome! *Beep* *Beep*

I like your analogy btw, I will be featuring this. :)

Demplex

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-22-2014 6:03 PM

Look what I found:

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonMar-22-2014 6:16 PM

@Demplex:

That has been around pretty much since the trailer got leaked in October.  Its nothing new.  Its intriguing, but I doubt the Energy beast or any of Marvel's monsters will be making ANY appearences in the future. :)

"Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science Fiction is the improbable made possible." -Rod Serling

The Godzilla Novelization Project: Follow Along Today!

TarrellZilla

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-22-2014 6:46 PM

Kinda gave me the chills, it's so creepy looking! Was it ever clearly confirmed/denied if this monster will be in the films? I know it was used in just a test footage teaser but it seems like some of the shots in that are making it into the film. I wonder if this creature will be too.

@Demplex

I compeltey forgot about that episode from the Barebra cartoon! I'll have to watch that again!

wolfguy

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-22-2014 6:57 PM

It's been talked about before. But everytime I see those creatures I can't help but go 

kriszilla94

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-22-2014 7:17 PM

its not a water buffalo as you can see from the pic the MUTO Is obviously abmphibious from the web like hands or whatever you want to call them from the international trailerwith the long ditch going to the ocean maybe it was that MUTO crawling to the ocean after the fight with godzilla or just godzilla dragging his tail lol

Akagi

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-22-2014 7:31 PM

It looks like the salamander monster from Lost Planet 2, just look it up. 

He is 350ft Tall people, those things on his neck ARE gills, and the Brazil photo is part of the final advertising design-- Deal with it.

Smaug The Magnificent

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-22-2014 8:21 PM

@kriszilla water buffalo?

I Believe In Harvey Dent

Something Real

MemberGodzillaMar-22-2014 8:22 PM
Extremely compelling, ANGUIRUS. Those little darlings could very well have provided some inspiration for one or more of the Hokmuto life-forms. An excellent find. Keep it up.

kaijudinosaurfan12345

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-22-2014 10:43 PM

Demplex

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-23-2014 8:18 AM

@DANZILLA I know they won't have any Marvel characters in the film; I never said they would be.

AmazingDrawing

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-23-2014 9:08 AM

This would explain the destruction of the trees from the sea, in the international trailer

Druzilla54

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-23-2014 9:56 AM

I think you might be on to something. In the trailer we see the power plant collapsing in on itself, almost as if something is attacking it from below. I think this is our burrowing MUTO. I think Serizawa will take a team down the sinkhole created by the borrowing MUTO and thats where we'll see the Kaiju bones and bombs wrapped in egg sacks (or whatever they are).

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonMar-23-2014 10:32 AM

@Demplex:

I never said that you said there would be.  I was just being silly about the picture.  Its plausible that the Hanna-Barbera/Marvel monsters were an inspiration for a place holder monster that most likely will not make an appearence in the film.  Anything is possible, and most of the details surrounding this mysterious Mood Piece Monster will remain just that... a mystery.

Unless, of course, he turns up in the film! 

"Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science Fiction is the improbable made possible." -Rod Serling

The Godzilla Novelization Project: Follow Along Today!

Moses

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-24-2014 8:38 AM

Waterbears have been shown to survive in space without oxygen. It would make a formidable opponent if it was still in the movie.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Akagi

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-26-2014 5:00 PM

It always reminded me of the gordiant from Lost Planet 2. Don't look up pictures of it, they don't do it justice. Just look up some lost planet 2 gameplay footage. 

He is 350ft Tall people, those things on his neck ARE gills, and the Brazil photo is part of the final advertising design-- Deal with it.

haukopkhual

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-16-2014 5:07 AM

There's no multi-legged monster in this new Godzilla movie.I just find 2 MUTO only.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Xenotaris
Xenotaris » Gigan
87% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums