Godzilla Movie

Gender??

4346 Views28 Replies
Forum Topic

Evan123

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-23-2014 1:59 PM

So this might not matter to many of you but I was just wondering if the individual of godzillas species that the 2014 movie will focus on is male or female? It is probably confirmed somewhere so if someone could just inform me that would be really great. I kind of hope ite female because referring to a monster as "her" seems to give it a more natrual and powerful feel but that could just be me and my weird little ways.

Oh ya and if you want to voice your thoughts on the possibility of multiple godzillas in maybe the conclusion of the film such as the surprise at the halo jump sequence or maybe more awakening in a sequel or the like. Some people think it takes away from godzilla but Im quite fond of the idea, multiple godzillas rampaging, hunting mutos down in packs maybe, that could be incredibly cool!

Sound off below!!

How far can we push nature before it pushes back?
28 Replies

ゴジラ 2014 Rules

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-23-2014 2:06 PM

it a guy because my friend ask what it that lump below weird 6 pack armor and said i think that is man junk and so he said it is a guy so i'am going to go with he is a guy.

Svanya

AdminGiganMar-23-2014 2:06 PM

I'm pretty sure Godzilla is always male.

Evan123

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-23-2014 2:10 PM

oh ok.....haha thanks. Nice description of that awkward situation GODZILLA 2014 RULES hehe funny

How far can we push nature before it pushes back?

Gavin

MemberGodzillaMar-23-2014 2:36 PM

Problem with Godzilla being either male or female, is that it would make Godzilla dimorphic like us, requiring both a male and a female to reproduce. One Godzilla staying hidden is almost believable, two - well some would struggle with that, unless...

...Unless one could assume that Godzilla could actually be asexual, using the patrhenogenesis method. Though the physical appearance of an asexual Godzilla could look either male or female. Thus I would say Godzilla is asexual, but looks male.

As to how Godzilla would birth its offspring (birth/egg(s)), is anyones guess.

GIYGAS

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-23-2014 2:36 PM

The giant Godzilla figure has the new origins on the back of the box, and the box refers to Godzilla as a male.

FOR SCIENCE OF COURSE!

True American Godzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-23-2014 2:45 PM

Well, with the official description at the back of the JAKK's Giant Godzilla saying "Possibly the last of an ancient spieces" does mean that there was (and still could be) female Godzillas and male Godzillas.

I like to think the female Godzillas are more powerful/dangerous and why we don't see one is "to give the opponents of Godzilla a chance at victory".

I believe in Jesus Christ, who's my Lord and Savior.

John 3:16, Job 41:1-34, Leviticus 18:22

Moses

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-23-2014 2:50 PM

Everyone's been referring to Godzilla in this movie as a "he". So that's what I'd assume.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Gavin

MemberGodzillaMar-23-2014 2:51 PM

A more powerful/dangerous female zilla - aint the male one enough?

Daikaiju Danielle

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-23-2014 3:02 PM

As a girl, I like my Godzilla as a guy. ;) But, perhaps the Mutos are female? The dominant gender in the insect world is the female, even nthough the Mutos may not be bugs.

"Daddy's home- cake every night,"

FordBrodyLover99

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-23-2014 4:23 PM

He is male. Because i said so. Yeah.

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonMar-23-2014 4:51 PM

Four words:

KING of the monsters.

Goodnight, folks.  I'll be here all week.

"Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science Fiction is the improbable made possible." -Rod Serling

The Godzilla Novelization Project: Follow Along Today!

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonMar-23-2014 4:56 PM

Also:

Possibly the last of an ancient species of giant amphibious creatures that evolved at a time when the surface of the earth was over 10 times more radioactive than it is today. GODZILLA can convert HIS radiation stores into a violent, focused exhalation of atomic ray. Rarely seen, but spoken of in antient Pacific Island myths. 'Gojira' was last spotted in 1954 when the U.S Navy encountered and attempted to kill HIM with an atomic blast in the Pacific Ocean. Since then, the giant creature has been living in the deep ocean - until a threat to HIS survival from an ancient foe forces HIM to reappear.

Congratulations, its a boy! :)

"Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science Fiction is the improbable made possible." -Rod Serling

KingKaijuGojira

MemberTitanosaurusMar-23-2014 6:02 PM

He's male. It was established in the first movie in 1954. I think, I can't remember but Godzilla's been considered a male. If he was female, he'd be a lot bigger since female  theropod dinosaurs are bigger and more aggresive than the males.

\"SKREEONGK!\" -Godzilla

Chris

AdminSpaceGodzillaMar-23-2014 6:35 PM

Godzilla is a male in this film I believe. Gareht refers to Godzilla as "Him"or "He" during interviews. So I think that's enough evidence. 

Hyped for: Alien: Romulus | Badlands (Predator 6) | Cloverfield 4

Gojifan101

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-23-2014 8:39 PM

If Godzilla is a male then HOW THE HELL DID HE HAVE A SON? Its not like there are any other Godzillas around.

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonMar-23-2014 9:34 PM

Alright Gojifan101, its time for a G-History lesson:

Minilla and Baby Godzilla are adopted.

In Son of Godzilla, Godzilla follows the call of the unborn younger Godzilla on Solgell Island, and discovers him under attack from the Kamacuras.  Godzilla and Minilla are of the same species, but are not related by blood.  The big guy simply found him there and took care of the infant as his own.  Chances are Minilla's egg had been buried for millions of years.

Baby Godzilla from Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II is the same.  Baby's egg was originally a Godzillasaurus egg laid in the nest of a pteranodon, but radioactive waste on Adonoa Island mutated the two surviving eggs.  The pteranodon egg hatched the mutant that would grow into Rodan, and the other egg hatched a mutated infant Godzillasaurus.  Godzilla was attracted to another being that possessed his genetic makeup, much like he was with Biollante.  At the end of the film, Baby is convinced psychically to join Godzilla, and the King adopts the infant as his own.  Once again, they are not related by blood, but are the same species. 

Biggestgodzillafan

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-23-2014 10:26 PM

It's a male dude.in the giant size godzilla , don't u see simething hanging?not trying to be mean or weird or anything...just sayin

Smaug The Magnificent

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-23-2014 10:45 PM

His tail?

I Believe In Harvey Dent

gamespider22

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-24-2014 12:17 AM

God means dude combine it with zilla you get Godzilla ( dude)

Akagi

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-24-2014 4:17 AM

Monsters don't have genders. 

They reproduce through random explosions. 

End of discussion. 

He is 350ft Tall people, those things on his neck ARE gills, and the Brazil photo is part of the final advertising design-- Deal with it.

Lewshizz

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-24-2014 8:56 AM

@Akagi...

"our whole planet earth was in a nice peace state but nearly 60 years ago nuclear testing started... Wait....

japan began to fix,

building back from the bomb,

they built up tools

They built a wall!

he walked right over it and kept on doing it

it all started with a big bang.... BANG!"

(sing with big bang theme :D)

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonMar-24-2014 9:39 AM

godzilla has always been male and always will be end of stroy :)

by the way guys if everyone here remembers Dr. Yamana's speach that if nuclear tests were still conducted than it is possible that another godzilla will appear meaning that the 1954 godzilla was not the only surviving member of its species :)

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganMar-30-2014 4:58 AM

@Lewshizz,

Nice reference! XD

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

Zodgilla

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-30-2014 12:04 PM

I don't think anyone's suicidal enough to check the genital area...

Cachoongasaurus Dunzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeMar-30-2014 3:25 PM

As a kid I liked to think Godzilla as male, but now it strikes me that he might be female because endocrine -the hormone that makes women "women"- is found in nuclear bombs and according to "Godzilla vs King Ghidora" he was a T rex that was hit with radioactivity froma nuke during world war 2 but only after saving the Japanese people from the future from the American Soldiers. So although I like to think of Godzilla as a boy theres no hiding fromthe truth. Though everyone refers to him as male so I guess we could also call him male.

Godzillasaurus

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-16-2015 9:38 AM

QUOTE: If he was female, he'd be a lot bigger since female theropod dinosaurs are bigger and more aggresive than the males.

Untrue... There is absolutely nothing to prove this BS... Nor will it ever be proven (behavior alone cannot be determined based on fossils... You need solid psychological evidence, yet there is none in this case).

Godzilla's species would likely include larger and bulkier males, for the sake of the discussion

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaAug-16-2015 10:43 AM

Whoa... Hello thread....

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-17-2015 1:16 PM

Wow, there is a lot of ignorance and random speculation on this thread.

"When man falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born." - Professor Hayashida, The Return of Godzilla

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Monsterzero9
Monsterzero9 » Anguirus
77% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
72% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
BigGMonsterMan
BigGMonsterMan » Baragon
33% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums