Godzilla Movie

One Remaining Question Regarding the MUTOs

826 Views10 Replies
Forum Topic

Destroyah-x

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-13-2014 11:43 PM

You know, as May 16 draws closer, and with so many trailers and unintended spoilers like the music score being leaked, it's almost like we have a clear idea of how Godzilla would play out, and that Godzilla will only be facing off the 2 Mutos eventually. (I guess there are people out there who are disappointed that Godzilla will not be facing an ultimate foe after all but two smaller ones tagged-team against him?)

I know that during the initial stages of discussions when we didn't have much info, many of us had the theory that the MUTOs were created by man to fight Godzilla. As more details trickled out, I noticed that many of us are getting comfortable with the idea that the MUTOs are indeed the natural enemies of Godzilla. With that comes one lingering question I have regarding the MUTOs. 

Suppose these MUTOs are indeed natural creatures that existed in the same period as Godzilla, isn't it rather odd that in terms of anatomical structure and characteristics, they do not seem to belong to that era of existence? In Godzilla's case, apart from it's immensity, we could see a relation between the dinosaurs, in terms of physical appearance and characteristics, such that it's convincing enough for us to know that it existed. 

In the case of the MUTOs, they don't seem to lump in with the ancient arachnids or other inverterbrates. The other thing is that they appear to possess bioluminiscence which is chracteristic of deep-sea organisms, but yet at the same time, the MUTOs do not look like they are adapted to thrive in the oceans. In fact, with all that lighting effect on the eyes and body, including an unorthodox body structure, they come off as more mechanical and space-like than ancient.   

So I was wondering how would these gel with the concept that the MUTOs are indeed natural ancient enemies of Godzilla and how this idea could be demonstrated to convince the audience, when the MUTOs and Godzilla look worlds apart. It's almost like the MUTOs came down from Mars, while Godzilla thrives on Earth. What are your thoughts about that?  

" Your kind feared the Darkness. "

10 Replies

Something Real

MemberGodzillaApr-14-2014 1:01 AM
DESTROYAH-X - You raise an incredibly compelling question here. In response, I have this statement for you to consider: who says Godzilla's ancient foes are terrestrial to our world? Who says Earth's ancient nemesis isn't born from...somewhere else - to wit beyond our solar system? Perhaps the massive extinction events in Earth's distant past were a direct result of the MUTO organisms' presence and the time has come for another planet-wide cleansing. If Godzilla represents the martial force of our world, who's to say he isn't mobilized to defend it from all threats - both native and alien? :)

gamespider22

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-14-2014 1:31 AM

i guess they looked like ancient creatures before until the human race finds them and experiments im gonna have a topic about this a looong topic

Destroyah-x

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-14-2014 1:44 AM

@Something real - Whoa, thats a very interesting answer you've given. This opens up wider and intriguing possibilities on the MUTO's origins. Perhaps we could then link the events leading to the extinction of the dinosaurs that were caused by the impact of an asteroid on Earth. And with that asteroid carries with it the MUTOs perhaps?

Destroyah-x

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-14-2014 1:46 AM

@Gamespider22 - I've thought about this idea too, but my theory was based on deep-sea ancient organisms which were mutated by human experimentation and went out of control. :P

Something Real

MemberGodzillaApr-14-2014 2:01 AM
DESTROYAH-X - Indeed. That's a solid possibility. It may turn out that it's all just conjecture on my part, but it's quite fun to speculate nevertheless! :)

Godzillasaurus

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-14-2014 6:19 AM

The Mutos are not at all small and weak. The winged Muto even appears to be around Godzilla's size

DannyBlazor

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-14-2014 7:17 AM

I made a theory on a thread earlier on and here it is again

I have a new theory...might sound dumb though. What if the the meteor that destroyed the dinosaurs way back then gave off radiation that created Godzilla but ALSO on that meteor there was an insect like creature, MUTO, or maybe alien DNA that fused with the bugs on the planet after the meteor strike and created the MUTOS. Due to that there must've been an abundance of Godzilla's and MUTOS.

gtbetta35

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-14-2014 7:21 AM

Not to kill your theories, but:

1. We only know less than 1% of all organisms that ever existed on this planet. So you really can't say that the MUTO's don't fit, because we quite frankly have no comprehension of what existed.

2. Bioluminescence is seen in the most primitive of marine organisms. it was a pretty vital ability for early marine organisms and still is for today's organisms.  The MUTOs do look very alien, but most marine life does in fact look other-worldly. We know more about space than we do our oceans. I think Gareth will utilize this fact to the fullest. 

Barudarrowi

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-14-2014 10:35 AM

Yeah i'm kind of in the smae boat as you are. They do look much more alien than even some of the things from earth's past (particularly the Cambrian. I have yet to see life look more alien than that, and yet they still look much more at home than the Muto). A while back, i postulated that perhaps the Mutos were Godzill's ancient enemies, but not in the incarnation we see them. I speculated that the giant skeleton in the trailer was the remains of Godzilla's ancient enemy. The scientists somehow slavaged dna from it and used that to engineer the Mutos. I also thought that tied in well to Watanabe's line about the arrogance of man. But when more information came to light, that hypothesis was swiftly cut down.

I do like Something Real's idea though.

Cachoongasaurus Dunzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-14-2014 11:53 AM

Well Gigan was an alien so we can't rule out that the MUTOs aren't from space until further evidence is presented so I'm going to go with that.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Xenotaris
Xenotaris » Gigan
87% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
74% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums