Godzilla Movie

Will the movie have an original song in the soundtrack?

1704 Views12 Replies
Forum Topic

FrogNation

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-14-2014 2:56 PM

if the new godzilla movie doesn't have one thats completely fine but I'm just curious.

i appreciate it when a good band composes a song for a movie 

e.g. linkin Park and transformers-new divide, owl city and legend of the guardians-take to the sky(not one of my favourites), ed sheeran for the desolation of smaug-i see fire (Im not a fan of him but he's good)

if a band were to compose an original song specifically for the movie like above, who do you reckon would participate?

i personally (MY OPINION, LEAVE ME ALONE) think it'd be cool if 30 seconds to mars, imagine dragons or even aloe blacc(wake me up by avicii) made and sung a dark sounding theme that serves as a parallel to the tragic and atomic nature of godzilla.

but for god sake if I hear ed sheeran or one of them one direction quiff boys Make the theme...

12 Replies

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaApr-14-2014 4:25 PM

The new film will not have an original song by a popular band on the soundtrack-- and to that I give a resounding: Thank. God.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

ゴジラ 2014 Rules

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-14-2014 4:25 PM

Maybe the song on the track thats titled Godzilla then it maybe that

Akagi

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-14-2014 4:29 PM

Oh lord, here comes the opinionated elitest fans.

Regardless, I doubt it.

He is 350ft Tall people, those things on his neck ARE gills, and the Brazil photo is part of the final advertising design-- Deal with it.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaApr-14-2014 4:30 PM

Which you never are Akagi.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Daikaiju Danielle

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-14-2014 4:34 PM

I agee with Gman. :P

"Daddy's home- cake every night,"

KoldWarKid62

MemberBaragonApr-14-2014 5:40 PM

I personally would love to hear "Godzilla" by Blue Oyster Cult during the end credits, a la Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" during IM's closing credits, even if it was just a portion.

TH3RATTL3SNAK3

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-14-2014 5:42 PM

aloe blacc and imagine dragons suck hard.

skreeonk

Duratok

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-14-2014 5:43 PM

I don't think we'll see that, and I honestly hope we don't need that. For a movie like this we don't need songs with lyrics, we need music to set the tone.

Devianteist

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-14-2014 5:54 PM

@YooSuq- Now that is harsh and kind of uncalled for.

As for what you brought forth Frognation, as popular as this concept is, I have more than moderate doubts that there will be a song like that here.

But my God(zilla) if there is, I hope it's Blue Oyster Cult's "Godzilla" in the credits. That will make me laugh, cry, cheer and clap all at once, if the movie itself doesn't already have me doing that.

Deviation is not shameful. Conforming is.

zaffzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-14-2014 7:10 PM

NO blue oyster cult! I think they should end with godzillas theme from this movie. Hands down. We need to froget about the old and in with the new. This is the example of the atomic bomb and godzilla is that example. The tone of the movie should be serious till the end of the credits! That's how good movies are recognized period!

Madison

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-14-2014 8:02 PM

I would strongly prefer it if they just stick with Desplat's original score for the film. I would be willing to tolerate them possibly playing the original old instrumental Godzilla theme sometime during the credits, but that would be about it. 

I can't see how a pop song (original or otherwise) would fit with this movie as a dark or serious film.

Very, very VERY few movies can get away w/ pop songs attached to them unless the film is lighthearded in the first place, or unless the movie just wants to unwittingly degrade itself.

Skyfall is the only exception I can think of in recent history. 

For Godzilla, it's just not worth the gamble. Stick with Desplat! :-)

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaApr-14-2014 11:51 PM

@Madison

You're dead on. It's also why pop songs worked for many of the 1970s Godzilla movies and not the original. (That and the fact theme songs were very popular amongst kids which those films were aimed at.)

In a sense, it seems the pop song strategy in the 1970s movies still works on the younger crowd as evident with this thread...

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
73% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums