Godzilla Movie

The Skeleton Mystery Solved

10807 Views14 Replies
Forum Topic

TW_G-Fan2014

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 9:20 AM

A lot of people post speculation about the skeleton in the trailers, but I have a definitive answer for everyone regarding the fact that it's not Godzilla.

Look at the spine and the way the ribs are configured, and it's obvious it's not Godzilla. For Godzilla's shape, the skeleton doesn't fit. The ribs run too long down the spine and are far too small to hold internal organs for a creature with Godzilla's girth.

I know it's going to dampen a lot of spirits and hurt a few speculation theories, but it's not Godzilla's skeleton. Of that, I'm 100% certain. All you have to do is look at a picture of the skeleton with increased brightness and a bit of extra contrast and you'll see that the skeleton doesn't fit Godzilla's body shape. It's a skeleton of a creature with a longer, and much thinner body than Godzilla's. Given it's relatively small size compared to the humans standing in front of it, it's only about 100-150 feet long or so. And no, it's not a juvenile Godzilla skeleton either for those who still cling to that false rumor.

An IGN interview said "standing in Godzilla's bones." But nowhere in the article does it confirm it for those who read it. The title of the article was in reference to the fact that they were on the skeleton set for the Godzilla movie, not a direct reference to it being Godzilla's skeleton.

Just wanted to clear all that up for everyone.

14 Replies

Devianteist

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 9:45 AM

The title of this post is highly misleading. This in no way solves anything revolving around that skeleton.

Yes, I agree with you and that it doesn't look like something that would fit with Godzilla's anatomical strucutre, but for all we know, it could be, as Godzilla is a far larger creature than any known animal, and could, therefor, have a skeleton with this kind of structure.

This is a reboot, so taking Kiryu into account is likely not a good, or accurate, argument.

Deviation is not shameful. Conforming is.

junkerde

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 9:47 AM

TW-G, Well again you do say "You" have the definite answer and not that you got it from an official studio source, so this IS basically specualtion. You could be right, but it definitely isn't officially solved.

Again though with the overhyped thread names and then content just being speculation or lackluster at best, cmon now.

Thrillerzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 10:11 AM

Ok i know the creature talaghan was scrapped for this movie but what if thats his skeleton?

GODZILLA HIMSELF

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 10:25 AM

if it is indeed a godzilla, i hope that what killed it, was another godzilla.

king of the monsters

dinoboy22

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 10:39 AM

it might be a sub adult godzilla from the past if you think the body is too thin 

junkerde

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 10:41 AM

@Duratok

thanks for actually linking a source

DannyBlazor

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 11:27 AM

I've seen lots of people say that it's not Godzilla's and they have details that sounded a lot similar to yours. Do you guys want to know if it's his skeleton or not? Wait for the movie to come out...

DannyBlazor

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 11:28 AM

And thank you to @Duratok for actually putting a reliable source to the answer

Godzillasaurus

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 11:34 AM

I agree. That skeleton is far too slender and the ribs are far too small and numerous to be Godzilla. It looks much more like a snake than a large mutant theropod creature (dinosaurs had a big ribcage that was not at all slender; it supported their chests). And even looking at Godzilla's skeleton it does not look even close... I don't know why they made Godzilla's skeleton look like THAT if they are telling the truth about it

Something Real

MemberGodzillaApr-17-2014 1:41 PM
There's a great deal those bones could be. Yet, I've a feeling we won't have defining proof until we've seen the film once it hits theatres. regardless, this girl's fairly certain we'll all be pleased with the answer! :)

lilgojira911

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 4:36 PM

Im not sure if anyone has thought of this at all, but since its so slender could it be a tail?

Something Real

MemberGodzillaApr-17-2014 4:55 PM
LILGOJIRA911 - It's...possible. That being said, I've never seen, with the exception of serpents, rib-like structures in a creature's tail. an interesting point you've made, nevertheless. :)

DannyBlazor

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 5:36 PM

@lilgojira911

oh my gosh, never thought of that, they seemed to be going towards the larger section of the tail in the trailers which means that they might be looking into the belly of the beast and is it possible that young Mutos are crawling around in there?

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
BigGMonsterMan
BigGMonsterMan » Baragon
33% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums