Godzilla Movie

Is Godzilla one of the most powerful/dangerous fictional characters in history?

6041 Views16 Replies
Forum Topic

FrogNation

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-17-2014 7:52 PM

In General, excluding the rubbish 1998 movie, isn't godzilla one of the most powerful fictional characters in history? Obviously his size allows him to smash buildings in two, his atomic breath is practically a thousand nuke in a concentrated beam, speaking of nukes, Getting hit by a nuke is like getting food thrown at you for Godzilla. He'll only consume it and maybe even make him stronger. In terms of raw brute strength he's definitely up there, he doesn't have any superpowers in the 2014 movie and probably never did yet due to his size he can level an entire city in hours. Even then, he has been known to take on monsters larger than him and even killin them. He's taken on gigantic three headed dragon aliens and all kinds of unsightly horrors but even then ends up on top as king. Personally I find the prospect of Godzilla (especially with the upcoming 2014 movie) more frightening and scary than demons, demonic possession (there's been way too many of these kind of movies in the past couple of years), deranged serial killer with scary masks or ghosts. If anything the godzilla series could have made for some good horror themes to it.

16 Replies

Destroyah-x

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-18-2014 7:53 AM

Er ... if you talk about monsters, I say maybe. But if you are talking about fictional characters in general then its a whole different ball game.

We've got a number of characters in the marvel universe that possess powers that make Godzilla look like a piece of cake. We have godly-beings in marvel, and also cosmic beings that can alter dimensions and destroy entire worlds.  

" Your kind feared the Darkness. "

petedj06

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-18-2014 8:06 AM

I think Toho no longer allows Godzilla to die as a contractual obligation for using the license, so that kind of makes him immortal. It also could be considered cheating.

Madison

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-18-2014 8:20 AM

Godzilla is probably one of the most powerful WELL KNOWN fictional characters. 

But he's far from one of the most powerful characters period. As DestroyahX- already mentioned, there are many stupidly over-powered comic book characters in both the Marvel and DC Universe who are basically omnipotent gods. 

Speaking of gods, I think it's fair to call certain gods, such as the Greek pantheon, 'fictional characters' at this point without offending anybody. And they would certainly be more powerful than Godzilla. 

Also, it's important to keep Godzilla's power in and of itself in perspective. Sure, defensively, Godzilla is one of the most durable creatures to be created. However, offensively, Godzilla is actually a pretty small fish. He's got his melee moves, which while awesome to watch, aren't anything super special in terms of power.

And his atomic breath? It maybe has the power of a single cruise missile. It's definitely not the conglomerated power of multiple nukes. A SINGLE nuclear missile can level an entire island or medium sized city in basically an instant. Godzilla's nuclear breath can maybe knock down a single building in that same amount of time. It takes Godzilla several hours, if not days to destroy large sections of a city, and we've never actually seen him completely wipe out an entire one to the degree a nuke would.

I mean no disrespect to the Big-G. I'm obviously a fan. But being objective, Godzilla's power is not 'top of the line' sort of stuff......and that's actually a GOOD thing. Characters with defined weaknesses or power limits are almost always more interesting than 'All-Powerful' ones. 

When good/bad guys have no defined limitations or parameters on their power, how is an audience ever supposed to be invested in their combat? Upping the ante too much just leads to a cartoonish slug fest, until one side arbitrarily wins for no good reason.

Linkman89

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-18-2014 8:44 AM

Godzilla vs. The Hulk/Thor would certainly be interesting. I think Galactis (Marvel villain who consumes entire worlds) would have Godzilla easily beat lol

junkerde

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-18-2014 8:44 AM

in his universe? probably. but when you talk about other universes, films, mythology, books. hes not the most powerful being. 

trickkelly

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-18-2014 9:01 AM

When most people are confronted with Cthulu, they are driven insane with his presence. Godzilla just gets hungry for calamari.

MediaFreak

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-18-2014 9:41 AM

#MADISON

Greek gods aren't actually as powerful as you think. Sure they made the earth round but they could be killed by mortals. Sure those mortals are special, but i still don't see Godzilla being killed by a sword. Could they kill him? sure but i think they would need to team up , and even then I don't think it would be a complete crush.

I think Godzilla could be beated by many other fictional characters but not easily. OH and Godzilla did fight many marvel characters in cannon (Marvel's) and kick their asses, look at marvel's godzilla.

KingKaijuGojira

MemberTitanosaurusApr-18-2014 9:46 AM

To answer the orignal question, YES! Humans are ants compared to Godzilla, super powers or not. Godzilla is an INDESTRUCTIBLE FORCE OF NATURE. Enough said.

\"SKREEONGK!\" -Godzilla

Murph Dog

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-18-2014 9:47 AM

i would say yes

GODZILLA HIMSELF

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-18-2014 10:06 AM

he did take a black hole to the face, just sayin

king of the monsters

KingKaijuGojira

MemberTitanosaurusApr-18-2014 10:43 AM

@Godzilla Himself, exactly. His body also exploded leaving his still beating heart in the water one movie later.

\"SKREEONGK!\" -Godzilla

Durp004

MemberBaragonApr-18-2014 11:08 AM

God no, I mean basically any of the characters from DBZ can blow up planets. Marvel and Dc are on that same level, and there's soooooo much more. 

I wouldn't put him anywhere near the top of a list

KingKaijuGojira

MemberTitanosaurusApr-18-2014 11:33 AM

INDESTRUCTIBLE...FORCE...OF...NATURE!

Plus, if their are those who could destroy a planet in a single blow, Earths gaurdians such as Mothra and Battra would spring in to action. Battra is more than happy to destroy humans. Also just because the planet is gone, doesn't mean Godzilla is dead. Remember when Godzilla and Rodan were taken from Earth to fight Ghidorah on Planet X in Invasion of the Astro-Monster? They didn't really say if their was oxygen on the planet. Also I didn't see any trees to produce air.

It was called Planet X right?

\"SKREEONGK!\" -Godzilla

GODZILLA HIMSELF

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-18-2014 1:39 PM

the way i see it, godzilla may not have or does not know how to use ludicrously powerfull abilities, but he can take pretty much anything, basically, he is a survivor and he never stops coming. 

also, after watching gmk, i have a feeling that most energy attacks  against godzilla would completely backfire, and most characters most powerfull weapons are energy attacks.

king of the monsters

KingKaijuGojira

MemberTitanosaurusApr-18-2014 4:11 PM

I agree with Godzilla Himself. Godzilla's a survivor. He is hit by bullets, bombs, missiles, fire, electricity, freeze rays, masers, lasers, phasers, tasers and other energy attacks on a almost daily basis. He is constantly fighting other monsters and getting blasted in the balls by King Ghidorah's Gravity Beams. Godzilla took a f*cking black hole head-on and it didn't stop him (the first time). I think that Godzilla is at least in the top 10 of most dangerous/powerful fictional characters.

\"SKREEONGK!\" -Godzilla

GODZILLA HIMSELF

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-18-2014 4:38 PM

i agree,

oh and he does get through the second one two, they just made it look like it worked at first

king of the monsters

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
75% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums