Godzilla Movie

Would Godzilla be a good date movie?

1481 Views11 Replies
Forum Topic

FrogNation

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-18-2014 7:23 PM

Lol around the time that Godzilla comes out ill be heading back to England then the algarve, portugal for a very long holiday and i'll be able to see my long distance crush/gf. I'm thinkin of spending a night out with her, dinner and then the cinema To watch said movie.

i think it's pretty funny but, in advance, I could have picked a worst DATE movie rgodzilla haven't seen a godzilla movie since 2006 and seeing godzilla again drips nostalgia.

i wonder if girls, let alone portuguese girls, even know who godzilla is haha :)

to any girls on this website, if you didnt exactly know too much about godzilla but knew roughly WHAT GODZILLA IS, do you think it would be a good date idea? Lol

11 Replies

Something Real

MemberGodzillaApr-18-2014 10:01 PM
Listen, love: I'm a lady whom absolutely loves Godzilla! Take your squeeze out to that movie; she'll enjoy it! If anything, she'll have a fun time with dinner and a movie! Go for it! ;)

Madison

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-18-2014 10:13 PM

Whether or not a movie is a good date movie is ENTIRELY dependent on the girl and her interests. 

Calculating whether or not she'll like the movie based on what 'Portugese' girls generally like is...frankly....a TERRIBLE strategy which indicates you don't know this girl very well. 

Here's my brilliant theory:

Why don't you find out what kind of movies she likes, and take her to one of those?

If that happens to be Godzilla, awesome. If not, so be it. To be honest, most girls I know don't actually like Godzilla, but who knows....maybe you'll luck out. 

P.S. Sorry if you find my tone to be harsh. I'm objectively trying to be helpful. 

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaApr-19-2014 1:16 AM

Yes, because A) my girlfriend has no choice. B) She wants to see it anyway.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Something Real

MemberGodzillaApr-19-2014 2:29 AM
GMAN2887 - Hahahaha! Fantastic reasons! I almost bloody choked on my soda when I read that! :)

Evan123

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-19-2014 2:49 AM

My girlfriend Leah doesn't exactly have much time for godzilla but when I force her to go see movies I want to see we end up laughing about it because we are so close love to annoy each other! Haha can't live with em and cant live without em!

How far can we push nature before it pushes back?

Evan123

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-19-2014 2:58 AM

Look even made Leah my profile pic to annoy her haha! Love her!

How far can we push nature before it pushes back?

joaomlo2

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-19-2014 3:10 AM

You are visiting my country yay! Hope you like codfish ;)

Yes, I think that it is a pretty good date movie especially with the themes of family envolved on it.

Advice: There is only one IMAX theater in Portugal and it is not very far from Algarve, in Lisbon. So, when you get here, tell your gf that on May 15th (release date in here), you are going to Centro Comercial Colombo.

trickkelly

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-19-2014 7:57 AM

Obviously, if she doesnt like Godzilla, it's not meant to be. :P

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonApr-19-2014 8:08 AM

depends on how much you want your lover to be frightened XD

but all kidding aside i think that this movie is going to be good for everyone who wants to watch it. :)

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

Madison

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-19-2014 9:25 AM

***EDIT*** BICENTENNIAL POST!!! Damn I'm getting old on here.

GMAN2887 you lucky bastard! :-) It would be pretty awesome to have a gf who actually WANTS to see the movie. 

My girl and I are going to go see it. But she isn't going to like it.

We trade movies we force each other to go see. We enjoy tormenting each other I guess lol :-) So if she goes to Godzilla and the Expendables, I have to go to Magic Mike and Chicago. 

Of course, there are movies we both enjoy, that have made FANTASTIC date movies, Stranger Than Fiction, In Bruges, The Dark Knight.....so in the end, it balances out, and it's pretty great fun. 

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaApr-19-2014 11:08 AM

@Madison

I've  been blessed/honored with a girl who is as open minded as she is gorgeous, so more often than not I find her in the living room plowing through Twilight Zone, Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones. She's not into chick-flicks. She's interested in Godzilla, but mainly the older movies. And the new film is one of the top flicks she's excited about this year.

Agreeing on movies to watch is, usually, never a task. Don't mean to toot my own horn here, but I'm going to toot my own horn here.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."
Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
BigGMonsterMan
BigGMonsterMan » Baragon
33% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums