Godzilla Movie

If you can design a kaiju nemesis to Godzilla...

1074 Views6 Replies
Forum Topic

Godzillatheking123

MemberBaragonApr-20-2014 4:12 AM

Well, anticipation is building into a frenzy over this upcoming Godzilla movie (and if you don't feel even a little of bit excitement, you are in the wrong forum!). One thing I do wonder though, how will the MUTOs stack up to Godzilla? Because Godzilla in some of the Toho sequels were defined not just by him but also the particular kaiju adversary he faces (i.e King Ghidorah, Mothra, Rodan).After all, Batman had Joker as his most memorable nemesis and Superman had a whole list like Doomsday, Zod, Darkseid etc. 

Which brings to mind, if you can design a kaiju nemesis to Godzilla, how will you go about it? What attributes will you give it? (i.e. size, strength, special power, look etc).  Will it be amphibian, reptilian or mammalian in form? Or completely alien? 

Personally, whatever the design , I think any effective kaiju must satisfy three criteria(and feel free to disagree):

1. It should pose a challenge to the big G. Unless the kaiju in question is merely to be a cannon-fodder, it should pose a certain degree of challenge for Godzilla. The more memorable adversaries are the ones which the big G had a tough time defeating (King Ghidorah again and maybe Destroyah).

2. Have a memorable look and design. This is rather subjective, but the adversary's appearance should strike a chord with the audience so they will remember it well (or at least better than other kaijus).

3. Re-useability. The creature and its design should not date too much if it is resurrected for later use. Some of Godzilla's adversaries have not aged well while others have. 

So what do you think? 

6 Replies

Kyorah16

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-20-2014 4:42 AM

I suppose my original Kaiju, Mandogon would suffice. He was originally intended to act as an enemy to Kyorah, but...

Anyway, he is a burrowing creature who lives in the Earth's mantle until a disturbance drives him to the surface worthy of his attention. His abilities primarily include spewing focused streams of corrosive fluid, with a powerful jaw and the ability to constrict his prey with his body. He is a legendary creature, often depicted in folklore as a maintainer of the Earth, spinning threads to keep the world in one piece.

Madison

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-20-2014 5:26 AM

Monster Name: Noroc

Noroc would be more of a melee brawler than one with a beam or energy weapon, just because those have been exhausted imo. But it would definitely be more of a challenge than King Kong or Kamacuras.

It would be a little 'Gorilla'-ish in terms of posture, but not in frame. In that it would rest on smaller hind legs, and even 'upright' it's posture would still be leaning forward at an angle.

It's front arms would be the highlight of the creature. Each arm would be large, and feed into two broad "shield" like structures, both taller (when held perpendicular) than the monster itself. Each would be curved, like a jackal blade, coming to sharp points at one end, and a thick, broad base at the other. The two arms would be capable of fitting together into a single structure, like a yin-yang puzzle piece.

These arms would have two primary modes, a cool 'solid' state, in which case they could be used as clubs, or defensively to block attacks (even capable of withstanding Godzilla's Atomic Breath with ease)

And a 'molten' state, where the edges of the arms would heat up, glow orange, and could be used like a hot knife. In this state, the arms would have lesser defensive capabiliites, but would gain the offensive ability to cut through just about anything (including Godzilla's hide)

These broad 'shield-arms' would be the only part of the animal with these special abilities. If attacked from behind, the monster would be more vulnerable, and just have generic kaiju durability. It would also take a few seconds for the monster to switch between modes.

It's hind feet would have very bird/reptilian like talons, but more for gripping/hanging than for combat.

It would be of a medium build, not as bulky as King Kong or Destroyah, but not as nimble or needle-like as the MUTO. Think of like a middle ground between Otachi and Leatherback like Matt Damon or Mark Whalber musculature instead of the Governator or Stallone......but it would still be a muscular, imposing animal. 

It's jaws/head would be small, squat with short teeth. Not its primary weapon, but capable of a bulldog style bite in a tight pinch.

I've always envisioned this monster as primarily blue in color, with patterns ranging from navy blue to turquoise. The 'Shields' would have elaborate, thin patterns that were dull/rustic red in color around the perimeter, as well as streaking/cracking through the middle. These would be the sections that would glow bright orange in the 'molten' mode.

Manolisspaik

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-20-2014 6:33 AM

Tyranitar!!!!!

The Weaver

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-20-2014 6:35 AM

I spent an hour writing this stuff and my site crashed so I have to rewrite everything. (sigh) My personal invented monster that would pit against Godzilla and possibly become his archnemesis would be this:

Its name is Murmund, it is a reptilian like Kaiju, walks on fours, similar to a Komodo Dragon, that lives in the Earth's mantle, where it is basically treated like its ocean. It doesn’t have a specie, it has had a completely solitary existance since its inception. It has lived most of its life in extreme pressure and temperatures so it is a creature that very much has those qualities, its blood is made of lava-like substance, even though it isn’t actually molten rock. Its skin is completely encrusted, so there isn't any signs of cracks or hints that its insides is even lava-like, apart from its mouth and eyes which would be constantly glowing. It doesn’t appear to be affected by the cold, as abyss water levels or arctic regions makes little to no difference. It portrays deep levels of intelligence that rivals or even surpasses human qualities, using clever and complex tactics during a battle.

Its assaults are mostly volcanic in nature, its most basic attack consists of deadly fireballs which are blasted rapidly out of its mouth like projectiles with adamantium metal (an element completely unknown to science) that coats its hands. It can spew huge amount of lava quantities (But oddly never in combat), release deadly gas and pyroclastic breath, enough to cover the sky around its surroundings in minutes. If it is wounded it can easily reshape its skin however it needs and can even increase its armor thickness with its lava substance that would be coated out of its mouth. It's essentially a walking volcano, apart from its most powerful and deadly attack which is similar to a Solar Flare, where a massive collection of energy is focused in a blinding blast that would erupt from its mouth.

It's a completely mysterious creature, its origins are unknown, it does not care for the events on the Earth’s crust or even the need to surface it but if it does ever come out, it would not be anything good. By this canon, all we can discover from its background is that it is at least a billion years old and responsible for the Great Dying extinction which occurred 250 million years ago, an event that destroyed Godzilla’s race. So it’s safe to assume that its return would mean the repeat of such event, as to why it would do it again is enigmatic.

This thing is basically hell’s incarnate. I’ll be happy to hear what people thinks. I’ll be glad to expand on this.

Smaug The Magnificent

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-20-2014 6:45 AM

I will call him ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) and he will be beautiful.

I Believe In Harvey Dent

Godzillatheking123

MemberBaragonApr-21-2014 7:04 AM

Cool ideas so far. I seriously think some of the kaiju designs here will make a real good advesary for Godzilla. Keep them coming!

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Xenotaris
Xenotaris » Gigan
87% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
74% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums