Godzilla Movie

Godzilla 2014 Vs Heisei Gamera

3336 Views24 Replies
Forum Topic

MilqueChocolate

MemberBaragonApr-23-2014 9:06 PM

Here, I will discuss the capabilities of both Godzilla(2014) and Gamera. The choice of who wins however, is yours. 

In one corner we have: Godzilla (2014)

Godzilla 2014

Height: 350 ft

Height: ???

Abilities: Atomic Breath

Features: Reptilian-Like, Trunk Legs for the ability to sustain movement on land, Posseses Gills on the side of neck for underwater breathing capabilities. Also has Tough Skin so even the strongest military attacks could not penetrate it as well as enemies. Long Tail for whipping and smacking enemies, Strong Arms for slashing at enemies, and a 5-ton bite force to crunch and lock at enemies body.

Origins: A dinosaur, over millions of years old, was exposed to radiation in the Pacific Ocean due to Nuclear Tests. His prescence became known to military and tried bombing him with Nukes and telling the city that they were just Nuclear Tests. After years of being exposed to the waste, he grew to an immense size and gained abilities that were not usable before.

In another corner: HeiseiGamera!

Gamera

Height: 80 meters

Weight: 120 tons

Abilities: Flying and Plasma Energy

Features: Turtle, Tortoise-Like Organism. Extremely Tough Shell so Military attacks have no effect nor opponents, but has a vulnerable, soft stomach.  Can consume fire and other heat sources which it stores in an organ. Can fire Plasma Energy with a high rate of heat exposure. Is able to fly by retracting legs in return for jet-like propulsion. Is able to replace fallen limbs with plasma replicas.

Origins: Created by the lost city of Atlantis with a purpose to destroy a monster named Gyaos. Had many other bretheren, but now all wiped out. 

So who wins this battle? You decide in the comments below!

24 Replies

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-23-2014 9:08 PM

That's a hard one because the new godzilla might not regenerate but I still have to say godzilla

There are strong men and weak men. The strong ones are here to keep the weak ones up when ever they fail.

Kage432

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-23-2014 9:13 PM

Any modern incarnation of Godzilla kaiju-stomps Gamera, and hard.

#NEWBLOOKEDATMYSHIKAI http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/077/0/9/Aizen_Motivational_by_draconichero18.jpg

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-23-2014 9:15 PM

@KAGE432 hahaha NO!

There are strong men and weak men. The strong ones are here to keep the weak ones up when ever they fail.

High FLYERS Tag Team

@KAGE432 hahaha NO!

High FLYERS Tag Team

@KAGE432 hahaha NO!

Dinozilla0439

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-23-2014 9:33 PM

I'm going for Godzilla.

npinkham19

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-23-2014 10:20 PM

Godzilla has a supernatural feel to him at times where he'll always survive to remind men of how weak they are. Gamera is very much killable though. Still the mana blast would be hard to conceive anything surviving . . .even earth as evident that it threw the world into chaos by bringing back the gyaos. As of yet though we dont know the capabilities of 2014 but remember it's implied in GMK that Godzilla can even reform his body around a single heart.

Kage432

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-23-2014 10:27 PM

Godzilla pity-stomps the overgrown sea turtle, and hard.

#NEWBLOOKEDATMYSHIKAI http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/077/0/9/Aizen_Motivational_by_draconichero18.jpg

Moses

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-23-2014 11:11 PM

Godzilla 2014 has an unholy level of durability.

He took a nuke point blank to the face.

Incase you don't know, nuke explosions can go to over ten million degrees.

I'm going to give it to the Big G here.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaApr-23-2014 11:16 PM

Me thinks people are a little biased. I'm not going to say one way or another, but at 2:05 in this video...

...blowing up a monster twice his size and weight with a beam larger and more powerful than anything Godzilla's launched in 60 years? Check.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Kage432

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-23-2014 11:24 PM

@GMAN2887 - Thats cute. Try this.

Feats? Check, and don't even let me get started on the damage calcs for Godzilla tanking a meteor and not even flinching before battling the monster that rode the meteor into his face. Godzilla murder-stomps the power turtle, and hard.

Kage432

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-23-2014 11:39 PM

Ooops! Forgot we were talking about the new Godzilla. Well in that case I think Turtlezilla has the edge, a slight edge. But on a side note, FW Godzilla Rage-stomps the turtle, and hard ;)

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaApr-23-2014 11:39 PM

^And Monster X still survived. After all, Gamera has been able to absorb energy blasts before:

(@ 2:06)

Gamera ditches out about as much as he takes and that's a great deal. The Godzilla vs. Gamera debate will continue until Toho and Daiei make a movie that will never happen, but the fact is Gamera would provide a massive challenge to Godzilla. And Godzilla fans are in denial to think otherwise.

That being said, the original poster is egging on a debate about the Legendary Godzilla against the Heisei Gamera. Until we see more of what this Godzilla is capable of (and right now we don't know if he's retained the regeneration of prior Godzillas or how strong his atomic ray is) I'm willing to bet the Heisei Gamera, who is a walking swiss army knife of pull-out-of-your-ass powers, has the upper hand.

Plus, Gamera has a Mach 4 air advantage and Legendary's Godzilla looks non too mobile. I'm willing to bet he'd fly multiple circles around this Godzilla, then knock him off his feet before he had a chance to turn.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Kage432

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-23-2014 11:46 PM

@GMAN2887 - I agree that this new Godzilla would be in trouble, but as for FW Godzilla, I've been in far too many debates over the subject dating back to when I first saw the movie back in 2006. I've lost count on how many versus threads I've been through. At this point Its impossible for anyone to convince me that Gamera can stand up to the king's strongest incarnation. So we'll agree to disagree lol.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaApr-23-2014 11:50 PM

^Well first you have to convince the fandom that's Godzilla's strongest incarnation. Good luck...

Kage432

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-23-2014 11:51 PM

@GMAN2887 - According to feats he is. If anyone wants to argue that point they know how to contact me.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaApr-23-2014 11:58 PM

There are plenty in the fandom, especially on this board, that would argue Burning Godzilla was more powerful-- being that he was dying from a power overload that would have destroyed the world.

Others will point out that the Godzilla in the vs. Megaguirus timeline survived a black hole. Twice.

I don't personally care to go too far into these debates as I become less and less interested with how "strong" monsters are in movies. But claiming the Final Wars timeline Godzilla is the most powerful is, I would surmise, a little presumptuous.

Kage432

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-24-2014 12:11 AM

@GMAN2887 - Again, I've been through it all, trust me. The fandom and I are old friends. I said FW was the strongest by feats and he is, maybe not the most durable but his power is superior to any other version, both in physical strength( throwing Kumonga far over the visible horizon with little difficulty )and in weaponry( Killing nearly all his oponents with a single atomic ray, with a very small charge up at that). And he aslo obtains infinite power at the movie's end, going beyond even Keizer Ghidorah in power. Placing FW Godzilla at the top of the list isn't presumptuous at all. It was simply a process of elimination that took far longer than it should have.

Something Real

MemberGodzillaApr-24-2014 12:57 AM
KAGE432, GMAN2887 - In Godzilla vs. Megaguirus, Godzilla completely scrambles a micro black hole fired direclty on top of him! That was a SINGULARITY - an object of infinite mass! Yet, he lived through it! This girl thinks that's deserving of some credit! ;)

Something Real

MemberGodzillaApr-24-2014 1:04 AM
KAGE432, GMAN2887 - Oh bloody perfect; you'd already gone over that whole Black Hole thing. Forgive this girl for not having read further. Sheesh. ;(

Devianteist

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-24-2014 6:52 AM

I've never even watched a Gamera movie, and I'm saying Gamera would play circles around our beloved Godzilla.

As Gman2887 said, Gamera is a walking swiss army knife of pull-out-your-ass powers. Godzilla, especially the new one, is going to need a big boost to contend with that.

Deviation is not shameful. Conforming is.

Durp004

MemberBaragonApr-24-2014 7:16 AM

Well after seeing all the heisei gamera movies excluding vs Legion I'd be pretty comfident in Godzilla. Sure Gamera is faster, but this Godzilla has survived multiple nukes. Gamera's best weapons don't allow him to fly so his speed advantage does out the window if he wants to do any serious damage to Godzilla. Godzilla has a decent size advantage and it's fair to say just as much firepower as him, if not more we still haven't seen the atomic breath leading me to think it's very destructive and that's why it's being saved. Their durablility is about the same but I'd give Godzilla the edge. It wouldn't be a stomp but I see Godzilla winning this 

Moses

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-24-2014 9:23 AM

The only fire-power Godzilla has in this film is his atomic breath.

It obviously won't be curb stomp. Gamera will indeed put up a good fight but I think Godzilla's unholy level of durability will save his hide here.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonApr-26-2014 7:27 AM

@gman2887

no offense buddy but gamera will never compare to godzilla, yeah sure the heisei gamera was tougher than that of the showa gamera but, godzilla can use his tail in battle where gamera can not, godzilla could not only use his atomic breath but also the nuclear pulse, gamera is not absorbent to radiation so if gamera were to try to consume his atomic breath attack it would kill him from the inside out, in real life during the dinosaur age i don't think that a turtle of any species will ever hurt a dinosaur because a dinosaur would eat a turtle without hesitation. I like to also point out that godzilla also has the stronger ability to regenerate his cells quicker that would allow gamera to tire very quickly making it easier for godzilla of any incarnation to kill him alot quicker.

I like the heisei gamera alot but in my opinion he will never meet up to godzilla, godzilla is king and gamera was once the laughing stock here in america until the heisei films released and pretty much smacked us fans hard in the face.

Also this godzilla is going to be insane with power, i really dont have the best answer as to how i know that but from the looks of it, it seems that his atomic breath could be what levels san fransico at the end of the movie, of course this is only how i feel about the movie. :)

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Xenotaris
Xenotaris » Gigan
87% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
74% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums