Godzilla Movie

Discussion about credibility as an artist

865 Views13 Replies
Forum Topic

Skreooonk1789

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-24-2014 4:30 AM

Hey everyone,im just want to start a little discussion about something happened to me lately..So i just joined a fb group named Godzilla,idk wether one of u is the member of that page,but one of the member posted an amazing drawings,and he didnt give credits or even said that that isnt his artwork,he simply took it from the internet.. 

Well what do you think about that? I strongly accused that poster and turns out lot of guys agree that an artist's credibilty isnt important nowadays..is that true?? because here in my counbtrey,we really respect originality and an artist's credibilty.. I keep saying thaqt he should have said that the artwork is not his creatio,but still,they said that im wrong and artists keep asking for credits they dont deserveed..iM mad and raged,becasue i am an artist,and lot of you guys are stunning artist like,dopepope,junkerde,demplex,devianteist,kyorah,and other names that i forgot..so tell me what you guys thinking?? am i wrong or right? 

13 Replies

The Weaver

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-24-2014 4:54 AM

If the guy takes credit from the stuff he picks out off the internet, that's an issue. If he admits that it's not his, I see no problem. An artist's credibility? All artwork of all sorts should be credited to its artist, there is no bullshit excuse out of it or pretending like they can try to steal simply because "it doesn't matter anymore".

Only thieves and attention seekers does this.

Something Real

MemberGodzillaApr-24-2014 5:16 AM
Let me tell everyone here one very important thing: as a journalist, I run across plagiarism issues in many things. The first rule of all when it comes to art or something written is Intellectual Property. If someone is brazen enough to take credit for something they've not created, they are guilty of Theft of Intellectual Property - and there is absolutely NOTHING alright with such an act. As a matter of fact, I've recently read a few cases of individuals being ground beneath the heel of the judicial system for such affronts. Trust me when I say this: that sort of theft can carry an exceedingly hefty penalty if it's brought to light.

Devianteist

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-24-2014 5:28 AM

Firstly, I must say I am surprised I was mentioned here as a "stunning artist." Thank you.

Secondly, the act of Theft of Intellectual Property is despicable. Credibility matters, most definitely, and I would be beyond enraged if someone did this to me.

Deviation is not shameful. Conforming is.

KingKaijuGojira

MemberTitanosaurusApr-24-2014 5:31 AM

If I wanted to put a picture that I thought was cool or funny, I would and will alwats give credit where credit is due.

\"SKREEONGK!\" -Godzilla

Something Real

MemberGodzillaApr-24-2014 5:34 AM
DEVIANTEIST - Well spoke. I agree whole-heartedly with the enraged part. No one has the right to steal another person's art - that's tantamount to taking a part of their mind and spirit. In my opinion, such an act is reprehensible in the extreme.

Something Real

MemberGodzillaApr-24-2014 5:35 AM
KINGKAIJUGOJIRA - That's called "doing the right thing because you're a respectful member of society". :)

Devianteist

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-24-2014 5:39 AM

@Something Real- Thank you, and this is the only reason I stopped posting snippets of my personal stories on DeviantART.

Deviation is not shameful. Conforming is.

KingKaijuGojira

MemberTitanosaurusApr-24-2014 5:40 AM

Thank you SOMETHING REAL. That was a very kind think of you to say. You just made my day (Besides the new S.H. Monsterarts thing I learned and posted about.).

\"SKREEONGK!\" -Godzilla

Something Real

MemberGodzillaApr-24-2014 5:42 AM
DEVIANTEIST - You have this girl's sympathies; nothing's worse than having your art stolen. Keep your chin up and never let it keep you from expressing yourself! :) KINGKAIJUGOJIRA - I'm very glad I could help to make your day a little better. :)

Skreooonk1789

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-24-2014 6:15 AM

Someone stole my art and psoted on one of deviant art page,he didnt say that it was his artwork,but when someone ask him who made it,he said he is the one who made it..that makes mad and enraged and swore to try the best to stop art theft or plagiarism

Skreooonk1789

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-24-2014 6:16 AM

Thank you everyone,you guys enlighten my mind that has been corrupted by people's lack of aprreciation to artists alike..

Skreooonk1789

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-24-2014 6:16 AM

Boy i hate when i click comments two times

Daikaiju Danielle

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-24-2014 6:24 AM
I think every artists has experienced this, including myself. It's truly a horrible thing to do, and unfortunately people won't stop doing it. But, that doesn't mean you shouldn't do something about it.

"Daddy's home- cake every night,"

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
74% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums