Godzilla Movie

One Final Hypothesis: Exoskeletons

1313 Views10 Replies
Forum Topic

Something Real

MemberGodzillaMay-07-2014 12:12 AM
Hello there. As we draw closer to the final reveal of Godzilla (2014) in which all of our questions and speculations will (hopfully) be answered, I've devised a final question I'd like to pose: do you believe the MUTO organisms will evidence exoskeletons of any kind? They seem to have an insectoid physiology, ergo they could very well possess exoskeletal structures. However, this raises another question: could a life-form that large remain stable without an internalized skeletal support? As always, your thoughts and conjecture on this topic are most appreciated, even if you choose to keep them to yourself. :)
10 Replies

bodzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-07-2014 3:49 AM

I'm no expert but I'd expect their legs to have visible joints if it was a true insect like exoskeleton, they might have plating on their back and chest that could explain the insect like why their legs seem to join to their body.

I don't think something with a traditional skelton as big as Godzilla would be able to walk on land, but the trailers show a giant skeleton in a cave, so I guess it makes sense in the context of the film.   Maybe a real animal would need some kind of sparse lattice structure to keep the weight down.

Deadite Kaiju

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-07-2014 5:04 AM

To be honest I think the MUTO's have a bone structure very similar to the Xenomorphs from Alien.

Top Hat Gyaos

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-07-2014 6:38 AM

DEADITE KAIJU is right. The Xenos have a peculiar body system. In some areas that are vital (e.g. chest, head) they have hard exoskeletons. In the rest of the body like the legs and arms, are made of a tough skin, for protection and durability.

Be yourself, for everyone else is taken.

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusMay-07-2014 7:01 AM

Well, since no giant monster, including the M.U.T.O.s, could be made out of the exact same stuff as normal animals, and given the bizarre look of those specific creatures, I'd say they have both an exoskeleton AND an endoskeleton. Neither are quite as developed as a respective vertebrate and invertbrate, but working together, along with whatever comprises Godzilla and the M.U.T.O.s, makes allows a stable and surprisingly mobile structure.

Evan123

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-07-2014 8:24 AM

Yes, they every well could have exoskeletons. The latest looks at them we have got suggest it actually. Great observation and imagination SOMETHING REAL

How far can we push nature before it pushes back?

Something Real

MemberGodzillaMay-07-2014 9:23 AM
DEADITE KAIJU - Now that is an interesting thought! I'd never considered the possibility of a xenomorph-like physiology. Extremely compelling! :)

Something Real

MemberGodzillaMay-07-2014 9:25 AM
EVAN123 - I didn't know the latest images of the MUTOs actually evidenced the possibility of exoskeletons! That's very interesting. Hopefully we'll get a good, solid look when we see the the film! :)

ratedrex

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-07-2014 9:46 AM

The thing about science fiction is that you can do anything.  There is no NEED to do, or a NEED to have.

How does Bruce Banner gain weight when he's transformed into the Hulk.  What happens to Mr. Fantastic's bones, brains, heart and penis when he stretches. 

Who cares??

Stan Lee once said, while standing next to me,  "I can do anything with an out of control imagination."

So, except the MUTOs as they are.....  Someone's imagination.

Something Real

MemberGodzillaMay-07-2014 9:54 AM
RATEDREX - Naturally, there's absolutely nothing wrong with simply enjoying a creature for itself as an intrinsic being without the constraints of the natural world imposed upon it. That's what makes Science Fiction and Fantasy so wonderful! That being said, it's always fun to hypothesize on how fantastic creatyres might actually be possible utilizing real-world physics - it brings a certain amount of fun and imagination to the concept! :)

Svanya

AdminGiganMay-07-2014 10:41 AM

Interesting thread, gonna feature it. 

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Xenotaris
Xenotaris » Gigan
87% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums