Godzilla Movie

Godzilla's Future

1161 Views10 Replies
Forum Topic

Skreooonk1789

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-10-2014 6:52 AM

So the movie is arround the corner and my country is one of those will see it first before the rest of the world's official realease date. Im pumped as hell.. But if this movie indeed succed,and it probably will be,what is the next step in the future of Godzilla film? Both TOHO version or American version..

What step will toho do for the next japanese godzilla movie,and who's the first kaiju that they will ressurect? or even none at all??

Second,who is the next kaiju villain or even hero to spare with godzilla in the american sequel?

Here is my opinion,and mine will differ from you..

First one, i think toho will resurrect Godzilla from his slumber and im 60% sure that they will make their own godzilla design,but with highly ressemblance of Legendary-Goji..An old fashiones suitmation,with the touch of modern godzilla style and design.. And the first enemy they will resurrect is.. none..they will retell the story of Godzilla all over again,and make it as a standalone film..maybe they will put angilas in the first line..

Second,the next plausible kaiju that will share a scene with godzilla in the sequel maybe,im not sure,Rodan..maybe this time rodan will confirmed at last? because its impossible to take mothra since mothra is a license of dozens franchises and movies..And also king ghidorah is almost impossible.. Well,we dont see joker or bane in the first batman movie right?

That is my discussion thread for today,feel free to criticize my opinion,and tell me your own thoughts!

10 Replies

Svanya

AdminGiganMay-10-2014 6:55 AM

Interesting question, I will feature this. :)

Skreooonk1789

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-10-2014 7:03 AM

Well thank you :)

RagnarZilla

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-10-2014 11:03 AM

Interesting subject. As far as what they'll do, I have no idea, so your theory is as good as anyone's. As far as what I hope they do is another matter. I would hope they ultimately leave it in Legendary's hands for at least the foreseeable future (ie. another two movies maybe) because all the reviews I've read say that the character/license is in MORE than capable hands already.  Toho would be wise to not fix what's not broken.

This circumstance isn't like the one they were in after the Emmerich Not-Zilla, which spawned the Millenium era - one that was mediocre-yet-still-okay for the most part (GMK being the single exception and one of the best G films perod, IMO) that culminated in an embarassingly repugnant climax in G: Final Wars, which I felt was the biggest abomination to ever have the name Godzilla attached to it. (I know I'm in the minority, but frankly I don't care: I know what I like and what I don't like. I LOATHED Final Wars with an indescribable passion. Godzilla looked like a rat. The only "likeable" [and I use the term loosely] character was Don Frye's. I think Ryuhei Kitamura should be banned from ever making another movie. If I wanted to watch a mentally-stunted, self-indulgent piece of Matrix-wannabe CRAP I'd watch Equilibrium, which still managed to be an infinitely superior film to Final Wars.)

I think that if Toho takes the reins again after this film and uses the same formula they did with the Millenium films it will end up with an even more dismal run of films - a run that might end after only ONE movie. I think that if there's to be any success with Toho in full control that they need to give it over ENTIRELY to Shusuke Kaneko (with Kazunori Ito writing), with complete control of story, casting, and budget. After re-watching the Gamera Trilogy, I think he's the most talented director of traditional Japanese Kaiju Eiga. GMK was awesome, but I think some of the shortcomings it had could have been avoided if Toho let him have more freedom. As a result, Gamera 3 still outclassed it by a mile.

Of course, this is entirely my opinion.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaMay-10-2014 11:26 AM

^I agree with a lot of this. To some extent or another. (I think Final Wars is bad, but not quite an abomination. And I love Kaneko, but I also think there are other fine talents in the genre that have yet been utilized for Godzilla. They would deserve a chance too.)

That said, it's still too early to say. Until the weekend after the new film everything we speculate is going to based entirely around the word "if". I don't really care to predict a direction until after the movie is released.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Durp004

MemberBaragonMay-10-2014 11:57 AM

I don't see toho making Godzilla films anytime soon, I don't know how much they sold the right to legendary for but right now they're in a seat to make a large amount of money off the character without doing any work. The millenium series didn't do very well in the box office and I think that's because the japanese have gotten somewhat tired of giant monster movies. It's not just Godzilla, the last Gamera movie didn't do well either, and despite Pacific Rim doing well in the box office overseas a lot of the came from China moreso than Japan.

If they were to leave the rights will Legendary and simply made movies of another monster on the side the most likely candidate would be Mothra. I'd like to see Rodan get another shot, but Mothra's just too popular.

As for monsters to share as seat with Godzilla should a sequel be made. I think Legendary is trying to create their own world so I see it more likely to fight new monsters than go for old ones, if only because new monsters are free to make and they don't have to buy rights for them.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaMay-10-2014 12:04 PM

^Sources have it Legendary apparently did buy the rights to other monsters before they knew what they were going to do with this movie / possible sequels. I doubt they would let that lapse. Which ones and how many? Time will tell.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Manolisspaik

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-10-2014 1:49 PM

i hope legendary continues making godzilla movies, but if toho decides to make one, they should do it with a bit of cgi, it is 2014, rubber suits are way too old now....

Pazzo7

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-10-2014 2:43 PM

I really want to see a Pacific Rim-Godzilla crossover cause I love Pacific Rim and if Godzilla is going to be good and a box office succes they might try to do that but also G.Edwards said he'd like to do some sequels after this movie.

Skreooonk1789

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-10-2014 4:32 PM

I agree with all of you..and i agree that final wars is kinda crappy and seems rushed at most times..BUt i still believe TOHO's capability to make a new,better era in the near future..And i dont think toho will make a cgi godzila movies..Japanese's scgi animator arent that great,have you ever watch kamen rider,power ranger that has cgi on it? is it crappy? no,bt is it good enough for us to enjoy the movie without making us frownes because the cgi quality? i think also no..Japan is good with its suit mation movies,let it be that way for the time being..

as for Pacific rim-godzilla crossover,i think its impossible..Merging two franchise is far from easy..How many crossover movies you saw for the last few decades? its almost none is it?? because merging franchise in US is not as easy as merging franchise in Japan..PAcifi Rim franchise is owned by Legendary Pictures,but Godzilla is still TOHO propery..The bottom line is,we wont see any Godzilla-pacific rim crossover anytime soon

ZillaForLife

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-10-2014 5:07 PM

TOHO should just leave it up to Legendary. As for the Pacific-Godzilla crossover, if they did manage to pull it off, i cant see how they would create a reasonably storyline. they are set in diffenent years, there are no jaegars remaning and godzilla isnt one for playing nicely- the battles would last for 20 seconds. Jaegars cant take on godzilla, he's in a league of his own.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Monsterzero9
Monsterzero9 » Anguirus
77% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
72% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
BigGMonsterMan
BigGMonsterMan » Baragon
33% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums