Godzilla Movie

*Spoiler Alert* Was _____'s death a bit too early?

2330 Views8 Replies
Forum Topic

AggressiveKaiju45

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-21-2014 10:06 AM

I felt it was, because it took away the emotional edge of the movie. I think the audience should have been given more time with him, because they killed him off too fast at the begining. The whole emotional sequence seemed rushed and therefore (for me atleast) made the movie far from tear jerking. If it had been close to the end or middle then it would probably have been more sad, because by then we would have witnessed the character's experiences  throughout the enitre movie and grow fond of them over time. If their main intention was to surprise the audience with a twist, well then they definetly succeded in that part. But the downfall to this plan would be that it hardly rendered me or anyone else for that matter melancholic. While it did make up for it afterwards, I feel like they passed up a good opportunity.

Life is very simple, but we insist on making it complicated.

8 Replies

Relapse

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-21-2014 10:48 AM

Not really, I mean the way I see it was to help out Aaron tylor johnsson's movie career and also because they knew how big a fan base Bryan had and maybe felt too many would go see it just for him and Not Godzilla and everything...I watched a vid where three people said, "I'm only going to see Bryan Cranston" 

thepike

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-21-2014 12:05 PM

The spoiler alert doesn't really help when the spoil is in the title. Just sayin'....

To be honest, I was a bit surprised when he died, but it ended up making very little difference. They did not invest enough in the character to really have me care. I think Edwards wanted to throw us a curve ball, but it fell flat.

Besides, by the end of the movie I was so fixated on not seeing that much Godzilla that I could care less that Cranston was even in the movie.

duckychill

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-21-2014 12:15 PM

I agree with THEPIKE, they didn't build his character enough to where it was that meaningful other than it was Bryan Cranston. If they wanted to kill him off he should have lasted longer maybe going to San Francisco to find Ford's wife and maybe killing him off then.

I also don't think it would have a made a difference in the end if they hadn't based so much of the marketing campaign around him

Duratok

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-21-2014 12:55 PM

His character definitely should have died, just not so soon. I was hoping he'd get his answers before dying.

Chris

AdminSpaceGodzillaMay-21-2014 1:01 PM

The title contained a spoiler so I edited it for you. But to answer your question, no. I was shocked to know that they died at that time, but also it made me feel like anything could happen in this film. I honestly thought he was gonna live until the end, and out of nowhere BOOM, he's dead. So it upped the suspense factor for me, watching the movie all the way through. I didn't know who was going to live and who was going to die. Even GODZILLA himself looked like he was dead at the end of the movie, and many people in my screenings thought so too. It was brilliant how Gareth Edwards kept us guessing all the way through.

Hyped for: Alien: Romulus | Badlands (Predator 6) | Cloverfield 4

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonMay-21-2014 1:28 PM

well for me it wasn't to early either, however i felt like they should have kept him alive a bit longer but oh well cant wait to see what's in store for the sequal. :)

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

kaijudinosaurfan12345

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-22-2014 2:18 PM

well he found out what happened to his wife he's done he fulfilled his role

Durp004

MemberBaragonMay-22-2014 2:22 PM

I felt that he should have stayed alive a little long if only to build up Aaron Taylor Jonhson's character. The first 20 minutes of the movie is basically dedicated to building up Bryan Cranston's character and then he dies and it goes to the son who we only cared about prior to that because he was related to Bryan Cranston. Then when he dies it's like well that was surprising but now I don't care all that much about any of the characters left

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
74% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums