Godzilla Movie

Biollante being a possible Monster for the sequel?

2795 Views26 Replies
Forum Topic

Chris

AdminSpaceGodzillaMay-31-2014 12:36 PM

After seeing the following fan art, it got me thinking Biollante could be a great Monster to have in the sequel. We know Legendary are definitely planning a Godzilla trilogy and we also know Edwards (who will return to direct both) wants to do a Destroy all Monsters with original Toho Kaiju. Biollante was always one of those unique Monsters and works well with the "arrogance of man" / "abusing nature" concepts Gareth pushed in Godzilla 2014.

What do you think? Would you like to see Biollante in Godzilla 2?

Hyped for: Alien: Romulus | Badlands (Predator 6) | Cloverfield 4
26 Replies

Evan123

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-31-2014 12:39 PM

Absolutely yes! She would be incredible, maybe tweak the design a small bit and she could possibly be the most amazing cg creation ever! 

How far can we push nature before it pushes back?

Dragonlord Tevin

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-31-2014 12:48 PM

Biollante has been one of my top picks for the sequels, shes also more realistic than King Ghidorah so she'll be easy enough to make in the sequel

Chris

AdminSpaceGodzillaMay-31-2014 12:49 PM

That's what I was thinking too. Easier to explain, could be more "natural" and "realistic" which we know is what Gareth is aiming for.

Hyped for: Alien: Romulus | Badlands (Predator 6) | Cloverfield 4

Dragonlord Tevin

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-31-2014 12:57 PM

I know cuz i dont know how theyre gonna do Mothra, Gigan or almost every monster Godzilla fights cuz theyre gonna have to start changing origins HUGELY or just not use those monsters in this new trilogy.  

I guess Biollante, Hedorah, and Destoroyah can fit into the sequels perfectly.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaMay-31-2014 1:13 PM

Rumor has it that Legendary bought the rights for Rodan, Mothra, King Ghidorah and Anguirus when they negociated for Godzilla back in 2010.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Evan123

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-31-2014 1:49 PM

Really GMAN2887?? I could believe the introduction of mothra, rodan and anguirus but not king ghidorah! He's too unrealistic! On the other hand rodan and anguirus could be explained as other members of gojiras prehistoric ecosystem, mothra could be a genetic mutation because of humanity's abuse of nuclear power!

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaMay-31-2014 2:02 PM

@Evan

It doesn't mean Legendary will use all of them, but those seem to be the options Legendary bought for themselves.

As for what's realistic or not realistic, I think that needs to be the least of our concerns. There's going to be liberties no matter what. Edwards grounded a certain seriousness to the novelty of giant monsters going into battle-- It's not about what monsters are realistic or not, it's about how he handles those monsters.

We can speculate all we want, but lets not assume we know how he'll do that with any given creature. And for the record, I'd love to see King Ghidorah before any of those choices.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Durp004

MemberBaragonMay-31-2014 2:11 PM

Please god no Mothra or Ghidorah, it'd be nice to see Biollante or any of the other monsters really but I'd be fine with new monsters

Evan123

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-31-2014 2:14 PM

Ya, ok, but still, there's a line and when you cross it your audience wont like it. Audiences these days expect a certain amount of order and believability even if it is a sci-fi thriller, you know what I mean! Those monsters wold be great to see and what I stated before was my opinion. I don't particularly like king ghidorahs origin, otherwise he would be cool but on the other hand, biollante would be incredible to witness, believable, badass and BIG!! just my opinion once again.

Gojira2K

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-31-2014 2:14 PM

I most definitely want her in the sequel. She is my favorite monster.

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Ernest Hemingway.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaMay-31-2014 2:18 PM

@Evan

I agree people what some level of believability these days, but it's in how you handle material that makes it believable. Not in what the creatures/characters are or how they came to be. If the origin is well told and grounded with characters that take it seriously so will the audience.

Evan123

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-31-2014 2:40 PM

Yeah, to a degree however.

Durp004

MemberBaragonMay-31-2014 2:55 PM

To be fair regarding King Ghidorah every Godzilla series has changed his origin( alien planet destroyer, genetically engineered future monster radiated, and ancient guardian dragon) The mothra series also gave the ghidorahs other origins. So changing Ghidorah's origin wouldn't really be a problem if you could use a more realistic source.

thepike

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-31-2014 3:38 PM

The artwork above is fantastic, but I kinda find Biollante to be a bit on the bland side. Once was enough for me. And as much as I'm sure we all love mothra and Ghidorah, I really have seen enough of them as well. Even Rodan...snoooze. I would like most to see Gigan(even though two hook armed monters back to back might be a bit much,) Megalon, Hedorah, or something new. The MUTOs were okay, but you could do so much better. And as for this realism thing...I don't want to sound rude, but nothing about any of this is realistic anyway. None of us want stupid, but non-reality for a monster movie is just fine. I mean, you give Godzilla gills, which you couldn't see that well anyway, so that people would believe that he could sleep under water. Fine, how realistic. But then no one asks how he could hybernate for like a gazillion years. Because that makes sense....Enough with the phony "realism," already. Just make a good movie.

Deadite Kaiju

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-31-2014 8:59 PM

I wouldn't mind but I would prefer to see Ghidrah or anguirus in the sequel.

Barudarrowi

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-31-2014 9:37 PM

I actually would like to see Biollante in the sequels. If you're going to use a Toho Monster, it might as well be one we haven't seen a million times before. And consider this: Godzilla was being portrayed as an alpha predator, the king of an ancient ecosystem. That's why he could defeat the Mutos. But what if he encountered something that wasn't in his ecosystem, something he's never encountered before? That would be interesting!

trickkelly

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-01-2014 5:53 AM

There's been talk of Biollante as the antaganist for a sequel for some time on the forumn and she seems to be the favorite. It would be nice to get some use out of her again. Especially since some of the others have got quite a bit of mileage. 

Another idea I had was that perhaps at one time Godzilla was not the only monster charged with Earth's defense and that Mothra, Rodan, and Angurius were allowed to pass away over time, leaving only the Big G. The DAM concept could come together in a third film where another threat arrives that is so big that the Earth has to resurrect the other guardians to fight along side him.

Takane Shijou

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-01-2014 2:19 PM

"I saw fanart, so I'll write an article about it!"

Isn't this why there's forums?

Gojira113

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-01-2014 2:41 PM

No cuz it's basically repeating history (the heisei era) 

TarrellZilla

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-01-2014 2:47 PM

Biollante would be a great addition to this darker tone of Godzilla. She would also fit in perfectly with the nature theme, and mans abuse of it. Hopefully in her final form she has better protection of her stomach or whatever that pulsating organ was. It would make for a better fight ;)

Daniel G

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-01-2014 3:38 PM

I need to go back and watch some of the Godzilla movies since it been way too long. I agree Biollante would fit the "arrogance of man" / "abusing nature" themes and would be interesting to see how it would be done.

Again, King Ghidorah would be hard to sell with the three heads and all, but what if it were a triplet dragons that were in tune with one another and could feel and read their thoughts? Wouldn't be like the classic one thought...

duckychill

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-01-2014 3:59 PM

Yes yes yes, that would be perfect. Biollante (along with Hedorah) are two of the most unique Kaiju Toho has created, but they were very limited in their special effects to bring them to life. Using modern CGI Biollante could be truely amazing on the big screen

Razer

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-01-2014 4:04 PM

Honestly I would much rather prefer Gigan and King Gidorah on the sequal..

Grim58

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-01-2014 10:52 PM

If they come at this like the Batman or Avengers franchises, it would work pretty well. Godzilla, Rodan & Anguirus would naturally join forces similar to Batman, Robin & Batgirl, to combat all those that threaten their echo system, be it man-made mutations or invaders from space. Biollante & Hedorah could easily fill in the mutation aspect, while Gigan, Megalon, Ghidorah could easily be explained away as exterrestrial. Most likely, Gigan would be reenvisioned as a four-legged flying creature, but I don't see why such monsters like Kamakaras, Kumonga & Ebirah couldn't do cameos. All they really are, are giant mantis, spider & lobster respectfully. Fallout could've birthed their existence, but I doubt Legendary would shell out more $$$ for their rights since they could make their very own. Hell, Gorosaurus & Titanosaurus are also very believable in their own right. I guess time will tell, but their decisions shouldn't be too hard. They have tons to choose from.

ReptilesKing

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-07-2014 3:43 AM

I think EVAN123 is right if Anguirus and Rodan will be seen in Godzilla 2016 Godzilla(Gojira) food chain will be explained,but I think  if Kaiju in classic Godzilla Toho film mixed in Godzilla 2016 that will can explained Godzilla food chain.But if Kaiju such as Biollant,King Ghidorah or other Ultimate Kaiju added that will be an EPIC BATTLE!!!!!!!!,if Kaiju origin mixed such as King Ghidorah mixed from( alien planet destroyer, genetically engineered future monster radiated, and ancient guardian dragon) like DURPOO4 say that will make King Ghidorah origin interesting.Are you argree with me?

RR44

MemberBaragonJul-24-2014 9:35 AM

I saw this.. and had to weigh in. You know how Edwards did his Monsters origins... watch Monsters intro and it tells us. anyway.. the point is that Edwards introduced alien life organisms that were brought here via a returning probe that had water samples from another body in our solor system.. and that probe crashed in central america and the alien organisms interacted with indigenous life forms.. and created new ones.. hence the Monsters. so.. why not a retold and retooled version of Ghidora?

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Xenotaris
Xenotaris » Gigan
87% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums