Godzilla Movie

Your Journey to Godzilla 2014

1467 Views9 Replies
Forum Topic

Godzilla316

MemberAnguirusJul-20-2014 1:55 AM

What was your journey to Godzilla 2014, when did you realize it was being made?? When did you join Godzilla-Movie.com

Well i was 13, it was 2010, randomly browsing through rumors of a new American Godzilla when i found out it was announced!! I was so excited when i saw teaser art. I was really excited for it. Then when i checked my daily browsing in 2012 i found Godzilla-Movies.com. Everyday i used to check this site. Then i kinda forgot about it in 2013, as i moved to a new school. Then December holidays, I lay bored on my bed, midnight. I realized i havent checked up on G14 in a LONG time. I found the first Official Trailer, and i burst with excitement. Then everyday i checked up on news, after the holidays i checked up on Godzilla-Movies.com everyday after school. I followed this process everyday after school. I was fooled by WikiZilla, where it said Godzilla 2014 was coming out May 30 in South Africa. I was really dissapointed as i knew i couldnt hold for 2 weeks without spoilers. Then when i went to the cinema, the manager said it is releasing May 16. So i got even more excited. The idea of making a SciFied account never occured to me until a few months ago. I remember sitting in front of my computer, Chris saying "In 100 days, the world ends, Godzilla Begins". Till today i still cant believe that it has happened, that i have watched the movie 4 TIMES.

Anyway what was your Godzilla Journey???

Remember that chap, I forget his name, he climbed Everest without any oxygen, came down nearly dead. They asked him, they said, "Why did you go up there to die?" He said, "I didn't, I went up there to live."
9 Replies

InstinctiveGigan

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-20-2014 2:25 AM

This is a great topic. Think I'll feature/sticky it. Anyhoo, I'll share my long, boring story:

2012 - Went to Comic Con, but only for a day, Thursday (the lamest day of them all for SDCC). Was packing my stuff to leave the next day till' I found out the announcement of a new Godzilla (that's right, I didn't even hear the rumors of 2010) packed with a concept trailer. Waited for a month for it to be uploaded, never was; angst and disappointment took over. 

Summer 2013 - Went to Comic Con, AGAIN for 3 days this time. But not before hearing the awesome Godzilla Encounter marketing stuff. Went to SDCC '13 finally, in the hopes of both going to the Encounter and the Warner Bros. panel for Godzilla stuff. Went to the Encounter 4 times (it was awesome everytime), but missed the Warner Bros. panel because, being a-holes, they stopped the line from entering Hall H further when I was less than 20 people from the entrance. 

Looked on Twitter, and Legendary (as if to mock me) started tweeting they were showing old footage, showing new footage, and ending the Godzilla panel. I was depressed/disappointed, but the Encounter was enough to satisfy me. In my hotel later that weekend, I had discovered someone leaked Encounter footage. And as I googled it, I found it on this little site called Godzilla-Movies.com. Here I remained and followed news on the G2014 film all the way to the present. From then till Fall, it was bitter disappointment a trailer wasn't uploaded.

Fall 2013 - Started to find news and socialize on as many Godzilla sites as possible (this site, Tohokingdom forums, etc). Soon, I started making topics on theories and finding my own sources to help update the site. Discovered the Godzilla trailer might arrive with the Desolation of Smaug and it was all a wait till' then.

Winter 2013/Spring 2014 - Trailer hit, hyped to the max. I then started trying to find Godzilla news nonstop like a junkie trying to find more drugs. Soon, Chris messaged me about being a mod. And, well, I forgot whether I accepted his offer or not. Anyhoo, from Jan. 2014 - May 2014 it was all torture as more news on the film spilt every so often and I had college to go through during the wait, sometimes I'd look up news during class (Example; my first time seeing the Main trailer was in my Psychology class, sat in the far back that day. Hehe). Spoilers and whatnot started to air around April, so I tried to avoid Godzilla sites till' the movie hit. 

After an agonizing amount of waiting, school was finally out, but I still had 2 weeks till the 15th. Started hearing stuff about people liking the film, among other critic reviews, and tried to ignore them. I got my tickets weeks in advance, so it was all about waiting.

Movie Premiere - Went to an IMAX 3D showing at 7:00p, the line was huge even though I went 40 minutes early. Finally went in, and after some long series of trailers and an epic IMAX Godzilla roar countdown, the movie played. The End.

Wow, what a ride. Hopefully I'll get the same amount of hype and wonder for Godzilla 2. If the rumors are true about Godzilla 2 making a surprise appearance at SDCC this year, I'll be able to witness it and start all over again. ;)

Durp004

MemberBaragonJul-20-2014 2:29 AM

I remember following the movie ever since it was supposed to be Godzilla3d to the MAX.

I used to check this site frequently then finally made an account to apparently argue with an old member Samzilla as I vividly remember that it he ever agreed with me on a topic he would be quick to point it out in the post specifically to me that, "DURP004 even though I disagree with almost everything you say..." before agreeing to whatever I had added then be sure to see the next thing I post on so he could quickly go back to disagreeing with me.

Good times good times.

Then eventually the movie came out, and after seeing it in both 3d and 2d I was content it was a decent movie and would hopefully shed light on the franchise while also accepting it could have been much better.

Deadite Kaiju

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-20-2014 2:34 AM

My journey is very similar to yours :)

GG

ModeratorGiganJul-20-2014 7:05 AM

My Godzilla 2014 journey and reaching this site was very hard. I have been a Godzilla fan since 2010 when i saw the Announcment for the new movie. I saw how awesome Godzilla was  and my whole family loved Godzilla, So i said what the hell? I was on guard for news on the movie from 2010-2014. I found out about this site in 2013, But heres the weird part! I didnt join this site till June 9th of this year xD.

I never used to like to join websites i liked to not initiate myself in to something that could go horribly wrong. Like people being mean, not being nice about things. But i watched how nice people were on the site and i decided, My famous line, What the hell? But everyone was so nice, From instinctive Gigan, Godzilla316, Something Real, Bigbadben, True american Godzilla, And high flyers tag team. Sorry if you werent mentioned but your awesome still! Thats why i get very unhappy when people dont act nice to other peoples posts some times.

Good grief.

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganJul-20-2014 8:06 AM

It was either late 2013 or early 2014. I was on Scified, and found the Godzilla forums. One thing led to another, and May 17, 2014, I was in the theater for Godzilla.

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

Panthalassan

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-20-2014 9:30 AM

Not sure how I got here.  Once upon a time when I was in middle school I was a Godzilla uber-geek, posting a lot on the MonsterZero forums.  Somewhere in high school Final Wars came out and my Godzilla fandom went into hibernation mode.  I heard about the surprise announcement at comic-con a few years back, and last year with Pacific Rim my kaiju fandom started reaching fever-pitch levels once again.  Then the trailer came out and this I've been like a hungry dog slobbering all over every newsbite and morsel of info.  This place was obviously the best place with the most savory rumors and Godzilla gossip for me to prowl. 

Gojira2K

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-20-2014 9:36 AM

My journey is this. Last year, in 2013, I was looking at the Jurassic World Wikipedia page, trying to find some more news about it. The lastest update had a website link to it. The caption said the director of Jurassic World had created it. I clicked on it and it took me to the Jurassic World Forum. I looked around for a little and left. I came on occasionally and looked at it, to see if anything had changed. A few days after I found it I saw a button that took me to this site. I was so excited, a whole website devoted to this movie. But I didn't join immediately. For a long time, many months in fact, I just went on and looked at it for news and the other cool stuff all of you had made topics about. Theories about the movie, what the monsters would look like, how Godzilla would look, did he have his Atomic Breath, etc. I was also did the same with the Godzilla Wikia and I joined that in October, I would have joined before that, but I had to be 13, which I wasn't yet, and I took on the username Gojira2K. I stayed there for awhile posting on the forum topics, and joining that and seeing how much fun it was debate on the movie I decided to join this forum, also as Gojira2K. I wasn't really known yet. It wasn't after awhile that people started to notice me and became my friends. Although most of my friends came from the Jurassic World site, I did find friends here, like BigBadBen, who has become a great find to me. On the Jurassic World site I gained great friends like Raptor-401, Mr. Happy9097 (who as it turns out is also on this site), and x_paden_x. And that is my journey to this site. 

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Ernest Hemingway.

Bilgabo

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-21-2014 7:24 PM

Well It was 2011 and I heard about the poster but thought that we would never see a trailer or any other news until I found a link to the teaser footage provided by .godzilla-movies.com and until may 16th I had come on every day!

Scarfo

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-23-2014 11:19 AM

Well mine journey started at San Diego Comic Con. I went to the Warner Bros Godzilla panel, where they premeired the teaser trailer. I was blown away at what I seen. Godzilla never looked so realistic. I was in Nerd Heaven. After Comic Con I imediately went on these forum pages and described the trailer, and the description of the new Godzilla (since it wasn't known at the time.) To my regret, no one believed me. I got called a liar repeatedly here. Even when I showed my Comic Con badge and a Comic Con exclusive Godzilla toy no one believed me. Well it took two years later until every word of what I said about Godzilla and the teaser trailer became public knowledge. No apologies given.

Anyway, Godzilla opening day was finally here. I went to a midnight showing of it....which comes with some risk (I live in Detroit..nuff said). Anyway, I enjoyed the movie, but had wished they included some more Godzilla, but all in all, still a great film. That's my little Godzilla Journey.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
74% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums