Godzilla Movie

Is "Godzilla, King of the Monsters" Art?

1819 Views10 Replies
Forum Topic

Ariccio

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-25-2014 5:41 PM

Because you read the title, I don't think I need to explain reasons why the original Godzilla movie could be recognized as art (of course, not by the majority of American mainstream audiences, because they hardly ever give Godzilla a chance to be good in their book). With all of the subtext of nuclear warfare and the dangers that can come with it, it may be no Godfather, but it could be as deep in thought as 2001. So what do you guys think? Is "Gojira/Godzilla, King of the Monsters" art?

10 Replies

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaJul-25-2014 5:49 PM

This conversation can go many places, but to keep it short I think many movies can be considered "art" for specific aspects-- And with that reasoning, I find several Godzilla movies "artistic".

But in a fairly mundane point of view of the subject, at least with how I think you want it answered, yes. The original Gojira, could be considered art for the reasons you've writtn and many, many others. When it was re-released early this year in theaters you would only find it in "art-house" motion picture venues. So if that says anything for a more official answer, then why not?

But the reality of your question is a very...eh... 'broad' subject open for interpretation in and of itself. We could argue the merits of art until we've died and not even reached whether or not Godzilla is.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

JRR

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-25-2014 5:54 PM

i consider it art aside from what you and Gman saidd, the filming and the special efects are simple but preety spectacular, and the proces of making miniatures is an art itself

Evacuate?, Godzilla is just a Legend!-Woman in GMK

Durp004

MemberBaragonJul-25-2014 5:56 PM

I mean isn't every movie technically art?

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaJul-25-2014 5:57 PM

the proces of making miniatures is an art itself

You're beating around the right bush with this comment. If more people keep searching, they'll find the key to the whole genre in it.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Ariccio

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-25-2014 6:01 PM

I'll probably be asking making more topics like this one on the forums. I was wondering if that would be interesting to any of you guys?

JRR

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-25-2014 6:03 PM

Well this is preety interesting Ariccio, more pepole need to apreaciate this tipe of Cinematography

Evacuate?, Godzilla is just a Legend!-Woman in GMK

Linkzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-25-2014 9:03 PM

Sorry, I had to!

Linkzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-25-2014 9:04 PM

Dagnabit, video embedding doesn't work! Here's a link instead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8u7px_GzWQhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8u7px_GzWQ

Ariccio

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-25-2014 9:13 PM

Oh, M Bison! You're part of a terrible video game tie-in!

Ariccio

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-25-2014 9:42 PM

Oh! And sorry for my Muto topic. The last paragraph of that confused people, but I thought people would have gotten the joke, because I did explain it in the last couple of sentences in the last paragraph. Let's hope that confusion doesn't happen again.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Monsterzero9
Monsterzero9 » Anguirus
77% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
72% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
BigGMonsterMan
BigGMonsterMan » Baragon
33% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums