Godzilla Movie

How to "fix" the human element in the sequel

1478 Views14 Replies
Forum Topic

KManX89

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-28-2014 4:52 PM

I know of a perfect way to fix the human element for the 2nd film (and I've shared this already, but now I'm gonna go into why, hear me out). Replace ATJ, have him get killed in a monster attack in the early going, I don't think many would care if he died TBH. This would create intriguing human drama with Elle, grieving her husband's loss, and she's a regular human character, too, not a soldier, so she wouldn't have to show restraint in doing so like Ford did in losing both his parents in the first movie, you know, to actually make it interesting.

And then announce, get ready for it *drumroll*... Mark Wahlberg and Emily Blunt as the new leading man and leading lady in the 2nd film. Involve them in a love triangle just like Gojira's. They would both share a lot of screentime together as a Lt. and female General, respectively. And yes, just like Thomas Tull went all out with his "I'm gonna take my toys and play with em" approach for monsters in the 2nd movie with the big reveal of Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah, I feel they should do the same for the cast and characters in the 2nd movie, adding a couple notable "name" actors (well, one mega star and a rising star, respectively, among others) and create even more buzz for it, we'd have us an $800 mil-$1 bil+ sequel on our hands. And yes, Emily Blunt would be perfect for a new lead actress IMO and she'd be my first choice for one if I'm GE or TT, why? Because she's coming off her amazing performance in EoT which would only elevate this movie and further help its BO run and also elevate her even more in the process (and she's a great actress who deserves the recognition, and, dare I say it, hot, too), and adding Mark f'in Wahlberg to the mix? Man, if you thought she had great chemistry with Cruise in EoT (and golly, she did), just imagine the character scenes those 2 would have in this, they would both absolutely kill it together on screen especially if Darabont is writing. Plus, Marky has already shown he knows how to play a good soldier character in Lone Survivor, as a matter of fact, they would both be playing roughly the same character as in said previous films of theirs, so it's extremely low risk, very high reward for both in this case. 

Em is also in talks of playing Catwoman in the Batman V. Superman film right now, so I could see a similar situation with Marky playing out here where she then does G2 (adding another big name franchise sequel to her resume) after finishing BvS if she's confirmed for it (I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that) since both films are being distributed by WB, kinda like how Mark Wahlberg did Transformers 4 after working with Michael Bay on Pain & Gain previously.

Not to mention: he'll have gotten with Mila Kunis, Kate Beckinsale, and Emily Blunt in his filmography when it's all said and done, yeah, not too shabby. And he deserves the accolades (the pimp accolades to go with the many film accolades he's already received), he's a f'in' amazing actor.

Other "new" characters: US Secretary of Defense played by Laurence Fishburne and a Dr. later revealed to be "secretly" mad by Wahlberg's character at the other end of the aforementioned love triangle, played by Cillian Murphy. That's perfect human drama and emotion with those 3, you know CM can play a good psychopath because that's pretty much all he plays (hyperbole, of course, but he plays those a lot in his movies) and Laurence Fishburne already played a similar role previously on the Hannibal TV show and is also a big name who can draw for the 2nd film, again, the theme here is familiarity for both actors.

14 Replies

GG

ModeratorGiganJul-28-2014 4:58 PM

NO DAMN WAHLBEG. I HATE HIM HE IS A HORRIBLE ACTOR AND HE WOULD RUIN THESE NEW MOVIES. HELL NO.

Good grief.

Ariccio

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-28-2014 5:23 PM

Totes agree, GG77897. I saw Marky in Transformers. I don't trust him. Everything else, though, is pretty good!

Gojira 2014

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-28-2014 5:49 PM

Ah hell no! I want ford to stay! I don't know about you guys but I was actually really interested and invested in this character. Ford deserves to stay in the sequels. I don't care if you even make Dr.serizara the male lead just keep ford in the story. Stick with the characters we already have, putting new characters in the story and kicking out the rest is a waste of time and money. 

I have become death.......the casher at the donut shop.......

KaijuKillerTiga

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-28-2014 6:03 PM

More monster battles would fix the movie in my opinion. Make it like Pacific Rim. By the end of the movie, you are desensitized to Kaiju action lol

npinkham19

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-28-2014 6:07 PM

I think a new screenwriter might fix the problem

npinkham19

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-28-2014 6:10 PM

I second no wahlberg. I say we got our military character fix with the last film so lets bring in politics. My favorite actors aren't from this generation. Bring in Jack Nicholson, Eastwood, Dafoe, Walken

FordBrodyLover99

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-28-2014 8:18 PM

Why is it i have seen this story before? Have you been posting story other places? Actually, yeah, i have seen this before, on IMDb.

Anyway, killing Ford off is pointless. Then you might as well cut out the Brody familly entire, let their story end there, or let them live.

gojifan02

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-28-2014 8:40 PM

FORD...HAS...TO...STAYY!!!

RESPECT THE GOLDEN MIRUmiru

TarrellZilla

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-28-2014 8:48 PM

I've always had the idea that they should just do what the Godzilla cartoon spin offs and comics did and have a team of sorts that's somehow involved with the monsters. More so like in the spinoff from the 1998 film (I know, follow me here) there could be a team of researchers who's entire career is tracking, studying, or even at times attacking the kaijus.

This would not only give reason for them to be present at every monster event but could also be used as a plot device to explain how and why some of the monsters are the way they are. You could also create some lovable members in the team (imagine a Jeff Goldblum type character from Jurassic Park.) That's just my 2 cents though.

Chuck Norris

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-29-2014 4:56 AM

i think ken watanabe should take the lead. Maybe have Joe brody be revealed to have faked his death to work with monarch ?    I don't know. It would be good if the main characters were a tank crew or something still in tokyo after their units left.

KManX89

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-30-2014 3:40 PM

And yes, I honestly do think Emily Blunt would be a great choice for a new star for the sequel. I've heard people say putting A or B-list actors devalues the film and it's best to have actors who are up-and-coming (which is very much debatable, but whatever), well, here you go, she's perfect for such an actor (actress)! She's clearly on the rise coming off her EoT performance. Her next big movie role will definitely put her over the top, and if she does star in BvS as Catwoman (which will surely come before the G14 sequel, so she can do BvS first and G2 afterwards), which is almost a lock to shatter $1 bil WW, her buzz and popularity will be so over the top by that point that they'd be foolish not to make a move at her, which means they can heavily feature somebody who actually is a lead in the movie (lead actress) in the advertising. They didn't have that luxury with the first movie because nobody outside of Cranston was a highly recognized star at the time (except for maybe Ken Watanabe, who also played second pat to ATJ and would've suffered the same problem).

Also, it would be quite a coincidence if she did sign on for G2 because she was in The Wolfman Guillermo Del Toro remake and they were going to make a Godzilla vs Wolfman film at one point.

KManX89

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-30-2014 4:49 PM

^Joe Johnston, my bad. She was in the movie, though, I remember seeing her in it.

Dragonlord Tevin

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-31-2014 3:05 AM

Wow, cant believe half of you here actually liked Aaron Johnson's character, I mean I know it's so-called "Opinions", but really, I want you guys to be more specific: What makes Aaron Johnson's character SOOOO good in this movie anyway hmm?? Please explain.

I'll explain mine:  nothing, he was a useless character in my opinion.

Dragonlord Tevin

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-31-2014 3:09 AM

Replace the screenwriters and Gareth, reason why Gareth is because he's the one that had all the entire ideas that made up this movie, you know, to have it focus more on the humans and to so-called show "what would really happen if Godzilla ever existed", which never even lands perfectly in the movie, more like "what would really happen if two giant parasites attacked our cities and a gigantic dinosaur comes and saves us out of damn nowhere"

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Xenotaris
Xenotaris » Gigan
87% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
73% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums