Godzilla Movie

The reason i hate Zilla!

4024 Views21 Replies
Forum Topic

GG

ModeratorGiganAug-03-2014 6:24 PM

Alot of people like zilla, im okay with that, but here is why i think he should burn in space!

I have been a Godzilla fan since 1994! The first film i saw was Godzilla vs King ghidorah! I have loved Godzilla ever since, when i first heard they were making a new Godzilla in AMERICA, WOWWOWWOWOWOWOWO. i cried for like an hour, i didnt stay up to date on anything but the release date, when the movie came out i looked at the reviews!

It was horrible someone said he looked like a iguana not the king! I was like, "Whaa??? they must be joking." So i saw the movie the second day of its release! I saw the reason why he looked like a iguana. I forever hated roland emmerich and i never saw another tristar movie, i tore down my 98 posters and broke apart the action figures in a fit of rage, "I was very tempermental!" and i never forgave what Zilla did to the king of the monsters, he pooped on his name and rubbed his butt on it like a dog!

I after that went into a Godzilla hibernation i stopped watching the movies and never cared about anything Godzilla related except the heisei series which i would watch every now and then. But then i heard of another american Godzilla being released! i didnt give a damn at all. Infact i said these are my exact words, "Who cares? Godzilla will never be american!" But then i saw the trailers and the posters, and i saw him, Godzilla 2014, i cried for an hour! And i saw the movie.

Im so passionate about Godzilla 2014 because it not only revived the King, it revived my love for Godzilla. Thats why i get so tempermental when people disrespect it! Godzilla 2014 is my favirote movie tied with Godzilla vs king ghidorah! And now you all my second family can understand why i hate Zilla so much! He ruined the king for me! He disgraced his roar his looks and everything about the great King! Wow i started crying while wrighting this! Its because Zilla 98 brings back so much painful memories!

Good grief.

21 Replies

JRR

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-03-2014 6:40 PM

Now i see why you hate him, you where born in time to see it in theaters and be greatly disapointed

Evacuate?, Godzilla is just a Legend!-Woman in GMK

JRR

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-03-2014 6:42 PM

BTW have you seen Gojira, mothra vs king ghidorah, and GMK?

JRR

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-03-2014 6:43 PM

*mothra vs godzilla

GG

ModeratorGiganAug-03-2014 6:48 PM

I have seen all the Godzilla movies multiple times :).

Good grief.

FordBrodyLover99

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-03-2014 6:54 PM

The thing about Zilla is that everyone is divided on him. Either you hate him or you love him. And this can get problematic. I dislike Zilla(I know, what a shock XD) a lot, but i have come to terms with those like them, and as long as you can have respect for them, you are allowed too hate Zilla as you please.

But then come the hypocrites. They say everyone can have their own opinion, and they love Zilla. But if you say that in your opinion, he sucks, they will say your opinion is wrong. But it can also go the other way around, where someone who doesnt like Zilla wont accept peoples opinions.

So, as long as you arent hypocritical, hating Zilla is okay. The best you can do is just to ignore him entirely, not mention him and try to avoid conversation about him(Oh, and dont choose a dumb name like Zillahater, even if the idea seemed amusing at first).

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaAug-03-2014 7:00 PM

^I've noticed the younger fans that saw the GINO after 1998 are a more lenient on it. It's rare I find too many fans that went through the drama in the fandom that I witnessed prior and during GINO's release. It certainly doesn't do the movie any favors upon memory-- Not that it needs any help being a bad memory.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

king of all KAIJU:)

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-03-2014 7:09 PM

I HATE the idea of zilla being a GODZILLA, BUT i do respect him for being his own monster, thats why they changed his name to ZILLA. im not a zilla hater but im not really a zilla lover either:):)

Durp004

MemberBaragonAug-03-2014 7:10 PM

I guess that means that I'm one of the few people who saw Godzilla 98 in theaters and still enjoyed it.

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-03-2014 7:11 PM

Thanks for clearing that up. But please never call me crazy for liking Zilla again ok

There are strong men and weak men. The strong ones are here to keep the weak ones up when ever they fail.

MagggleShackle

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-03-2014 7:41 PM

Wow that just sucks, I mean it's one thing to see people hate gino but watch it say in the early 2000's but to see it in theaters never would of thought it would cause this sort of anger.

GG

ModeratorGiganAug-03-2014 8:21 PM

Thank you guys for understanding why i hate Zilla. Lol would you all like me to post a picture of my destroyed action figures lol!

Good grief.

GG

ModeratorGiganAug-03-2014 8:25 PM

Only fans who saw it in theatres like me will understand the pain the movie put you through when your a hardcore Godzilla fan.

Good grief.

gojifan02

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-03-2014 8:49 PM

sure... I'd love to accually see them... lol

RESPECT THE GOLDEN MIRUmiru

NerdyBandGeeks

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-03-2014 9:11 PM

As a Godzilla incarnation, I hate him, but as his own monster, he's alright. I hated the movie, not because of the drama above (I was born in 1998), but because of the terrible plot and acting. I remember reading that when they were trying to make an American Godzilla before, they said something along the lines of "The characters in Godzilla always took themselves too seriously, and that makes the fighting even more silly looking." So they wanted to go with a serious monster action, but silly characters for variety. I remember Emmerich saying that some concepts from that movie he wanted to keep, so I assume this was one.

Anyways, I like the Zilla cartoon, that's a lot better.

SapphireOverlord

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-03-2014 10:21 PM

Been a while since I was last on, but not the point. I was in 3rd Grade in 98.  (Two years later G2000 came out in theaters.)  I had only just started watching Godzilla movies earlier that year. To me, I didn't care that Zilla's design didn't match the Japanese Godzilla.  Heck even I could tell that there were variations in the Japanese designs.  I can agree that the moive was bad.  Now a days I re-watch for a chuckle and as a giant monster flick.  Do I hate Zilla.  Heck no!  Zilla is one of my favorite kaiju from the end of the 90's.  He might not be a true Godzilla, but he's a good kaiju in his own way.

GG

ModeratorGiganAug-04-2014 6:49 AM

Also if you guys didnt know, i caught on in the theatre that Zilla 98 was a cash in and a rip off of Jurassic park. Roland whats his name said that the success of Jurassic Park was the in thing at the time! And if you look at Zilla 98 you will see the scenes from Jurassic park. The Zilla babys are the raptors, Zilla chasing the car is the T rex! Also Zilla looks like a T rex! I stated this in a early post that if Zilla was realistic and not dumb he wouldnt look like a T Rex. Zilla is a iguana that was mutated, a mutated Iguana wouldnt get opposable thumbs and hands and stand on 2 feet like a dinosaur! Zilla is easily one of the dumbest kaijus in general! Also whats with the chin? i have never seen any iguana have a chin like that.

Good grief.

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganAug-04-2014 8:31 AM

Well, yes. Zilla isn't the best Kaiju out there. It's NOT Godzilla! I don't count his movie as a Godzilla movie! However, I do accept Zilla as his own kaiju.

(The cartoon following was amazing.)

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

Rex Fan 684

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-04-2014 9:46 AM

Personally, I like Zilla, but I'm not a big fan of the movie. It was OK I guess, but the plot was a bit weak and the actors, eh, second rate. Now ZIlla himself, that's a different matter. I love the fast and slender look. I like the original Godzilla design too, but Zilla is actually my favorite design. Like an oversized Velociraptor or something. Then again, I'm more into the Jurassic Park series and aspect of Scified then Godzilla, so what do I know ;)

"Men like me don't start the wars. We just die in them. We've always died in them, and we always will. We don't expect any praise for it, no parades. No one knows our names." ―Alpha-98

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonAug-04-2014 2:20 PM

I was 8 or 9 when zilla 98 came out, i got excited that we americans were doing a godzilla film, i was sitting in theathers watching and i remember my eyes popping out of my sockets in displeasure. Why did they do such a thing? Well they wanted to make a realisitic godzilla as well and they made him in the form of a over grown size iguana? I was very disappointed not seeing the true king on the big screen.

But what happened to both american versions of godzilla 98 and godzilla 2014, they both started off big opening nights and weekends, then poor bad word or mouth hurt these films. Plus other older g-fans out there after seeing the tragedy of 98 had that old saying "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me." That's what happens when some studios don't really get out to the fans sooner or better with advertising and such. All we can do is hope and pray that the sequel goes bigger, better, and alot of more attention to make it successful as well. :)

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

Manolisspaik

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-06-2014 12:12 PM

Zilla is ok, i like him as a separate kaiju....

Gojira2000

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-21-2014 4:45 AM

I have been a Godzilla fan since the mid 1970s. I was excited when I heard America was making a big-budget Godzilla movie, for 1998, and I was also excited for 2014. I enjoyed Godzilla 1998 a lot, finally being able to see Godzilla as a believable, organic creature, rather than a man in a rubber costume. His muscles moved like a real giant creature. His eyes had a soul. His look and speed were quite different, but Godzilla has always changed from movie to movie, so it did not bother me much. The movie was fun, action-packed, and entertaining. 

When Godzilla 2014 was coming out, I wanted to love that movie, but I felt a bit bored during the 1st 30 minutes, thinking, I did not want to sit through this each time. His look was more similar to the Japanese design, but still very different. This movie had more of the Godzilla roar, but was greatly lacking his heavy foot-step sounds that made the original Godzilla so effective. Godzilla 1998 used heavy foot-step sounds nicely, bring back fond memories. The editing drove me to feel very frustrated often, as Godzilla would finally appear, and instead of showing him do something amazing, the scene would cut to something much less interesting. I left the theater so sad that I could not love this movie. It hads some good moments, but I was very distappointed.

I will keep up hope, and cross my fingers for the next American attempt.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Xenotaris
Xenotaris » Gigan
87% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
74% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums