Godzilla Movie

How would we survive?

1749 Views20 Replies
Forum Topic

Goji

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-20-2014 7:08 AM

How would we survive if Godzilla where real??

Always living in fear that he might show at your city/town, and for people who make their living on fishing boats etc. Always having that fear that underneath them Godzilla could be watching.

How could we adapt to it?

“Give me where to stand and I will move the earth”.

20 Replies

Durp004

MemberBaragonAug-20-2014 7:16 AM

We'd use biological and chemical weapons on him until something killed him.

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganAug-20-2014 7:35 AM

Well, I actually wrote a survival guide on the forums a couple months ago. First, get far away from the coast. Second, hide in a safe area. Third, wait for it to be over.

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusAug-20-2014 8:00 AM

Durp004, that is highly unlikely to ever happen to a true Godzilla, especially at his given size.

Durp004

MemberBaragonAug-20-2014 8:25 AM

If you truly believe that you must not know how fragile the body is and how easy it is to knock it out of it's homeostasis with drugs.

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusAug-20-2014 8:39 AM

Ahem........ not our bodies, nor even any ordinary animals' bodies. We're talking a highly evolved creature that defies the seemingly basic laws of physics and nature, has managed to reach such sizes without buckling under simple gravity, AND manages to retain proper functioning in any given atmosphere thrown at it so far that is vastly different form its original optimal composition.

Not only that, but it's own homeostasis, due to its radiation-adapted diet, and its ability to hibernate for several millions of years, means that it has an extremely efficient and well-balanced system that is designed to resist such petty worries without trouble. You're trying to apply what works in the real world against something that doesn't.

Durp004

MemberBaragonAug-20-2014 8:59 AM

Okay then let's look at what we know from proof. The ANEB was the only biological weapon used against him and it put him into a hibernation for years.

Just because he's been alive for millions of year doesn't mean much. If you're not subjected to stimuli your body doesn't adapt to them. If he's subjected to bioengineered bacteria on a constant basis his body wouldn't be able to react. When the ANEB were used it was once, then he went ino hibernation and Shiragami died so it was never pursued again. In a more realistic environment if it wasn't 100% sure the drug killed him it would be engineered again this time with stronger effects. The only reason biologic weapons aren't mentioned or used in the movies because it's more entertaining to watch use construct giant robots to fight him, but the practical thing would be the chemical approach, and thus far the ANEB did drive him away for years, to the point they thought he was dead, if that would work then other weapons would too.

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusAug-20-2014 9:12 AM

And the thing was, the ANEB was a very specific kind of bacteria that kind of caught his nuclear-based system out of whack. It was VERY specific. Conventional biological weapons are uncertain, but given his size, adaptability, and overall greater resistance than any normal animal, I'd say that the search for the right one would be fruitless, since it'd take quite a powerful kind of bio-weapon to take down that which cannot be taken down by the tides of time itself.

You gotta remember that he doesn't follow all the conventional rules. 

Goji

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-20-2014 9:40 AM

But how would we detonate it if we don't know where he is at any given time.

He could be at the deepest part of the ocean, or be sleeping in a mountain.

“Give me where to stand and I will move the earth”.

gojifreak23

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-20-2014 9:50 AM

I honestly think that the U.S or any other country would try to bomb him shoot him and use nukes. Like in Goji '14 when the Admiral was going to Nuke Godzilla he wouldn't listen to Dr. Serizawa. I honestly think we wouldn't survive. I'd think the best chance of survival is to not attack him.

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusAug-20-2014 10:12 AM

Yeah, the thing is, if a Godzilla like the ones of the movies attacked us, we'd pretty much have no chance of ever even truly hurting him. At best, we'd wait and hope to survive another day.

Akio123

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-20-2014 11:42 AM

I agre with DURP004, we would recognize that artillery of all kinds would not be effective in an attempt to killing him. After maybe two or three COMPLETE military onslaughts and most likely a use of our strongest nuke, he is still standing? Highly damaged but nowhere near death? I am sure we would stop using fire power and use bio chemical warfare. That is ONLY if the powers that be decide to try and kill him. I read an article in which military leaders of some sort explained that they would attempt to control him. No like a dog or through mind control, but possibly learning how to change his direction of movement and most likely use him. Yes, they said that. Everyone always wants to control nature. 

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusAug-20-2014 12:02 PM

Yes, we'd recognize that, Akio123, but, if previous Godzillas have taught us anything, it's that Human technology, be it biological or otherwise, has yet to breach the defenses of the living equivalent of a god. Mind control, biological warfare, given the circumstances we're dealing with, it's more likely not a question of "can we steer it away and/or kill it", but rather a question of "how long can we survive what we cannot hope to contain", since, you know, Godzilla just works like that.

Durp004

MemberBaragonAug-20-2014 1:18 PM

You don't seem to know understand the amount of time and manpower that would go into researching weapons to kill him. This wouldn't be the greatest minds from 1 country, they'd be the greatest minds from accross the worlds masters at their fields, with any chemical, drug, and amount of money at their disposal. 

The ANEB was bacteria that fed off his radiation, there's already bacteria that does that feeds off nuclear waste making it easier to handle. So just slightly altering it could have missive side effects, on him. You act like there's a limit. They use something it doesn't work they do something else, there would be no limit. Every single creature ever has had some weakness to something even Godzilla as the movies have shown. In the 84 movie cadmium knocked him out and it was only through the luck of there being a nuke detonated over him that his heart started back up. If something as trivial as cadmium can have that much of an effect on him I find it extremely unlikely we couldn't find some type of drug or bacteria that would have an even stronger effect on him. 

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusAug-20-2014 1:40 PM

And that doesn't necessarily apply to all Godzillas either. Cadmium later only managed to slow down Burning Godzilla, and his regenerative cells in later iterations would be super adaptive, even regenerating from what should be the death of the cells. Just because it worked one time doesn't mean it wouldn't again.

Not only that, but resources would undoubtedly have to also be put into the military to try and draw him away from major cities, as well as evacuation and secruity of civilians. It's not just trying to stop him, it's trying to keep everyone else safe. And as Human nature goes, this will lead to an arms race that turns us against each other, even in the midst of the onslaught of a living god.

It's possible, sure, to find the perfetc solution. But is it a high possibility? Not really. There are better chances of getting struck by lightning. Especially against something we don't understand, and are squabbling amongst ourselves about how to deal with it. A Godzilla that appeared also might not have the same weaknesses as previous ones, either, so nothing is guaranteed.

It's not solely about containment. This is a global issue at hand, and unlike Godzilla, we don't have ample time.

Linkzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-20-2014 6:45 PM

DURP004 is half right- we would use all of our biological and chemical weapons, as well as every other type of weapon, on him, assuming it was an incarnation that actually does attack cities, but none of them would work (unless inventing something like ANEB or an Oxygen Destroyer turns out to be possible). Once the world figures out that not even H-bombs can kill him, the only thing I can think of that we would do to survive is evacuating cities as soon as it's apparent he is heading for them and try to slow him down along the way, as, realistically, we could never lose track of him due to the seismological sensors (or something) on the ocean floor that would detect a moving object of that size. However, if it were Heisei Godzilla (who often goes through multiple cities in a film and, it its implied, might destroy Japan if he weren't stopped) or Final Wars Godzilla (who the characters feared might destroy the world if they release him), there would be pretty much nothing we could do to reduce the damage. If you want to see a very comprehensive and well thought out look at how the world would react to Godzilla, you should watch this interesting video:

What if Godzilla Was Real?

Durp004

MemberBaragonAug-21-2014 3:45 AM

G cells were super regenerative cells that could heal basic death blows in a matter of seconds. The fact cadmium only slowed down the strongest illiteration of Godzilla doesn't mean much as there were a lot of things that went down to make him reach to that point. The average godzilla couldn't handle them and as I said if he did, but it had some effect on him they would be used again only in stronger doses. You seem to look at the greatest examples rather than the average.

In 2003 a year after getting hit in the chest he still had scars showing it wasn't fully healed. The monster godzilla is far from unstoppable, with most versions of the character not having an extreme healing factor. In fact only the heisei, and 2000 were talked about having some healing. 

Yes he might not have the same weaknesses he might have more, or have more exploitable ones. Its not like each godzilla comes off an assembly line that corrects faults with past incarnations. The chances are the same species would have the same weaknesses. 

Would there be other things like protection yes, but assuming we'll get into random arms races over what? Who can make a weapon to kill a monster first? That's looking at humanity in the most pessimistic sort of light possible, this is something that threatens the human race in general, something we've never faced and we would randomly start an arms race with eachother for what cause, what would possibly make us drop a giant monster that's a threat to our very existance and fight eachother.Human nature isn't so trivial as, "bigger thread over there, but let's kill eachother just because" since if it was a wide scale as that our species wouldn't exist anymore. The only fighting i could see would be over the fact that habitable areas would be lessened and in which case would encourage the world's powers to work even harder to find some way to stop him.

Your agument seems to be it won't work because..... and that's it. As I said there's nothing that exists than isn't weak to, strays away from, or invulnerable to every single element chemical and and organism on this planet. To do that it would need to be highly exposed to all of them for long enough to build a tolerance, and since bacteria, and viruses are constantly adapting themselves to overcome said tolerances it would still be a stretch. The idea that an organism that big that clearly through the way the movies have portrayed him is very much animal at the core and attacking him biologically is the best way, as the ANEB, and cadmium were extremely effective and by studying his biology they found his second brain and came closer than any other thing to killing him. He's been brought down by these things before and it was only through the sake of luck that he managed to overcome them. Since chances are we wouldn't randomly drop a nuke over him or have another monster get aborbed chances of him randomly overcoming these attacks are slim to none. 

Even if his g cells act as the perfect antibodies that constantly instantly adapt to anything that attacks him that when drugs come in. His heart beats blood his brain sends signals, even if slightly different at its core those are his functions and like everything they're exploitable g cells and regenerator g 1 fix physical attacks on his body it's not clear how they, or he would deal with the functions of them being altered how would his g cells deal eith simply increasing or decreasing his heart rate. Technically nothing's wrong to repair. Assuming he has a nuclear powered metabolism the drugs would him him extremely hard and if he doesnt they stay in his system for an extremely long time either way. 

If you want to believe that he's unstoppable thats fine I however believe that biologically attacking him would be the best way to go and has a high chance of killing him.

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusAug-21-2014 4:34 AM

And if it doesn't work? We're not just talking about killing him here, you know. There is no absolute guarantee. And that's the main idea. His mere presence will cause things to go downhill. Governments will be scrambling to try and keep people calm, using up resources to try and steer him away from areas for evacuation, not just researching ways of containment.

We have no idea how he works, and probably won't at any rate since getting close is a death sentence. For all we know, his body works so differently that it's just impossible to defeat him. Is there a possibility? Yes, but in the panic, the resources being used up on other fronts, and the political backlash his appearance would create, it isn't so easy to kill him anymore, is it?

At first, I was arguing that what you've been saying wouldn't work, Durp004, but now I see the bigger picture. It all goes back to the Godzilla metaphor. And killing him won't be so simple from a scientific perspective. Why? It's not just finding out what works and what doesn't. It's figuring out, individually, if we're doing the right thing. Think about it.

Godzilla, a creature that has defied scientific logic in almost every form, has suddenly appeared. Wouldn't study be preferable to its destruction? You also get the moral grounds on it being a unique creature of which no other has ever been seen. Would it not be better to preserve it for future generations?

Then you have public perspective as well. Those of weak-will will rally forward, believing his appearance a sign that bad things are happening, and then cause issues for the people in charge. Then, we have activists who will advocate for the community who doesn't want to see it destroyed. And then we have the impatient people who want action to be taken immediately. 

It's a chain reaction. Being forced into a bad situation brings about all kinds of problems. If we don't take care of the problem fast, it takes care of us. Godzilla is shown to consistently defy what we believe is possible, and politicians don't make things any easier. The crowds will want something done, science will want something done, governments will want something done, and militaries will want something done, but not everyone will agree on what that something needs to be.

Humans follow the leader, like sheep, but unlike sheep, they aren't strangers to speaking up about what they don't agree with. In almost every kind of scenario, if you put pressure on Humanity at large, they do stupid things. Sometimes, it may cost them. I now see that what you're saying isn't wrong, Durp004, but also not right, because the only unknown factor is Godzilla himself.

I may make it seem like I'm only focusing on the negatives, but that's because it's Human nature to do so. And in a situation like the appearance of Godzilla, that too is the case. People want decisions made for them so that they don't have to deal with the pressures of it themselves, but the question then is: will we make the right ones, especially in a situation against a force like Godzilla?

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonAug-22-2014 1:37 PM

@durp,

You have to remember that the ANEB only took effect on godzilla because they had to heat his body temperature up to make it work, but you are right it did take an effect on him, plus the cadmium shells, the freezer weapons and the oxygen destroyer have been the only chemicals that have worked against godzilla.

Though if godzilla was real and was the leviathan that the bible describes, then i wouldn't think any thing could stop a creature under god's control. Or if it was a beast straight out of hell.

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

Linkzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-25-2014 3:42 PM

@DURP004 Late reply is late, but

"If you want to believe that he's unstoppable thats fine"

http://youtu.be/x7Hba9AjMyg?t=3m17s

It's not just something I believe, it's confirmed by one of the creators of Godzilla that at least G'54 is "undefeated by modern technology. It doesn't affect him..." As in, he's immune to all modern weapons, which would include biological and chemical ones.

As for the nuclear waste-eating bacteria you mentioned, I just looked them up, and they feed on isosaccharinic acid, which reacts with certain radioactive materials to make them more soluble (and thus, more likely to flow out of their underground vaults and into drinking water). The ANEB were able to defeat Godzilla because they, like him, literally drained radiation itself from its source, in this case, Godzilla's heart.

Now, cadmium might be a realistic way to do some harm to Godzilla, but, considering how much trouble Japan went to to invent new anti-Godzilla weapons after G84 and the fact that cadmium missiles only KO'd him for a few hours in Godzilla vs. Destoroyah, it seems that they are only a temporary solution. Plus, we can only really say that they affect Heisei Godzilla, since none of the other incarnations were attacked with them.

Gojira 2014

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-26-2014 2:33 PM

Jeagers pheraphs?

I have become death.......the casher at the donut shop.......
Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Xenotaris
Xenotaris » Gigan
87% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
74% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums