Godzilla Movie

Could Godzilla be made realistic without changing his design

2492 Views21 Replies
Forum Topic

Godzilla316

MemberAnguirusAug-27-2014 9:27 AM

Title says it all. The 2 problems with Godzilla is that his heart cant get blood fast enough to the rest of his body and he wpulf probably collapse under his own weight. 

In my opinion Godzilla could have a 2nd heart, or maybe his veins and arteries make blood circulate faster, I dont knoe the science about that, but just saying.

If he was real, shouldnt his bones be strong enough to support his weight. 

Just saying what I think, I dont really know the science so thats why im asking you guys

Remember that chap, I forget his name, he climbed Everest without any oxygen, came down nearly dead. They asked him, they said, "Why did you go up there to die?" He said, "I didn't, I went up there to live."
21 Replies

Durp004

MemberBaragonAug-27-2014 9:33 AM

Short answer is no

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusAug-27-2014 9:52 AM

There may be a HUGELY INSIGNIFICANT chance of it happening, and could go like that, but most likely not. At least, not on Earth. Which is why space-based monsters could possibly have a better chance at existing. Or you could simply suspend disbelief. OR you could go the route of my own Kaiju series, and have all that otherwise unexplainable stuff be the result of forces beyond normal control, like in what few things I have down so far for my series from my thread

JRR

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-27-2014 12:03 PM

Maybe he could of exist as 50M Tall deep sea underwater creature, have you heard of deep sea gigantism, plus his love for radiation could be explained by the fact that some animals deep in the sea where there is no sun feed on the nutrients and heat of underwater volcanos, beeing a deep sea organism could explain his spikes biolluminisence and black scale color, his radio active smoke breath could be him realisng execs heat, but he couldn't go to land or walk uprigth

Evacuate?, Godzilla is just a Legend!-Woman in GMK

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaAug-27-2014 1:12 PM

"I'm afraid this creature is still beyond our present scientific understanding." - Professor Fukuzawa, Godzilla and Mothra: The Battle for Earth

And so let it be. The fact that he is impossible adds to his mystique. This obsession with making Godzilla realistic ruins some of the more charming and mysterious aspects of the character.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusAug-27-2014 1:38 PM

I know, right, original GMan? :P

Godzilla316

MemberAnguirusAug-27-2014 1:46 PM

@Gman2887

Bravo! True, it should be mentioned like that in the sequel, where someone like Stenz says how do these creatures even live, and Serizawa replies with Fukuzawas qoute

Remember that chap, I forget his name, he climbed Everest without any oxygen, came down nearly dead. They asked him, they said, "Why did you go up there to die?" He said, "I didn't, I went up there to live."

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonAug-27-2014 1:47 PM

I would say yes only considering that if you were to add the biblical elements to the giant leviathan, then yes. :)

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

Mecha Rodan

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-27-2014 2:18 PM

Didn't you guys get the memo? Godzilla's bones are made of Addamantium.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonAug-27-2014 2:22 PM

^ -_-

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-27-2014 2:56 PM

Keep in mind, all of Godzilla's organs and bodily functions would be proportional to his size, meaning his heart would be large enough to pump blood to his entire body and his heart would likely beat at a drastically increased rate. His bones would also be incredibly strong and dense in order to support his weight.

"When man falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born." - Professor Hayashida, The Return of Godzilla

Linkzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-27-2014 5:32 PM

I think the fact that he has super-strength should be sufficient for his heart to have the power to pump blood throughout his body; although, I may be mistaken about this, but I'm pretty sure the fact that he feeds on radiation and therefore doesn't need oxygen would mean that he also doesn't need blood, since the only purpose of blood I'm aware of is to oxygenate the body's cells (indeed, in at least the Heisei incarnation, his heart is a nuclear reactor which provides radiation rather than blood for his body). As for collapsing under his weight, the fact that the materials his body is made from are strong enough to withstand an H-bomb should prevent that nicely. The real problem with his size is that the ground would collapse under his weight.

Of course, none of these explanations are actually realistic. The answer to the main question here is no, Godzilla couldn't be made realistic without changing him perhaps so much that he would be as much of a "Godzilla" as Zilla is.

GG

ModeratorGiganAug-27-2014 6:16 PM

Godzilla real, hmm gotta think about this one....

I think actually he could, we say the square cube law would stop him but, Godzilla wouldnt have are body structure, he would have a body structure of a king of the monsters!

You guys know that cows have 2 stomachs to support the amount of grass they eat and allow for the heart to pump enough blood to their stomach to work cause they are big.

Well same thing with a Godzilla, his bones would be nearly as hard as adamtium and he would have 2 hearts! maybe 4 hearts! 4 hearts would suffice enough blood for a 355 foot animal.

Easily! Godzilla would most likely have to walk slowly due to the hearts still wouldnt give enough blood for him to fight!

Good grief.

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-28-2014 6:49 AM

Godzilla doesn't need two hearts, he just needs one that is proportional to his body size that pumps fast enough to get blood through his entire body. If Godzilla is approximately 50 times larger than a human, then his heart would be 50 times larger than a human heart, therefore proportionally large enough to be able to keep him alive.

"When man falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born." - Professor Hayashida, The Return of Godzilla

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusAug-28-2014 8:18 AM

Actually, that isn't entirely true. Whilst it is known that larger animals require larger hearts, there is a limit, and only having a single heart can be a detriment when you have such a large body, since if there's even a single problem, it can cause huge issues. There's also the issue of a single large heart simply being unable to support itself if it becomes too big, which is why multiple hearts of a slightly smaller size works well. It's part of the reason why the Heisei Goji had 2 brains, and why the PR Kaiju also had two brains.

One brain simply cannot sustain itself at such large sizes and be expected to run smoothly at the reactionary speeds necessary for combat, which is why a second one to lighten the load is there, working as a sort of "in-grown Drift" within a single creature.

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-28-2014 12:56 PM

Godzilla's secondary brain was more of just a bundle of nerve fibers and not an actual brain. All of Godzilla's mental function is likely controlled by his actual brain, while the sacral "brain" simply controlled motor function in his lower body.

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusAug-28-2014 1:11 PM

Exactly. Even though it controlled more motor function than anything, it was still necessary for him to even stand up.

leaper

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-28-2014 4:18 PM

my question is could they make it realistic without godzilla being the good guy

leaper

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-28-2014 4:19 PM

and more importantly , could they make him realistic without himfighting other monsters

leaper

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-28-2014 4:19 PM

this , my aquaintences , is a excellent idea

leaper

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-28-2014 4:20 PM

i think i've made my point

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaAug-28-2014 4:28 PM

^"I must have missed 60 minutes." What was the point and why did it take four posts in a row to make it?

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."
Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Monsterzero9
Monsterzero9 » Anguirus
77% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
72% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
BigGMonsterMan
BigGMonsterMan » Baragon
33% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums