Godzilla Movie

Separating Fact from Speculation

1414 Views29 Replies
Forum Topic

TW_G-Fan2014

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-28-2014 8:59 PM

So, Godzilla 2.

A lot of people think that Mothra, Rodan, and King Ghidorah are all confirmed to appear in it.

WRONG!

Mothra, Rodan, and King Ghidorah have all had their licenses purchased by Legendary. That's it. end of story. There was NEVER any word on whether or not all three would appear in Godzilla 2. Buying the rights doesn't automatically mean that they're all confirmed for the sequel. Anyone who says that they are all confirmed for Godzilla 2 right now has no critical thinking or analysis skills when it comes to taking in information and processing it.

Fact: The three Toho Kaiju are owned by Legendary.

Fact: They are confirmed to appear somewhere in the franchise.

Fact: There are no confirmed plans for any of them.

Next, there are A LOT of people thinking that there's the possibility of a King Kong crossover into Godzilla. 

WRONG!

The new King Kong movie is a prequel to Kong's original story as a 25 foot Gorilla. As a prequel to Kong's original lore, that meanst that the rest of his story is still canon to his original story from 1933 where he is captured, taken to New York, and killed on the Empire State Building.

Fact: Kong is getting a prequel movie.

Fact: It has no relation to Godzilla even though they're being worked on by the same company.

So, have we cleared that up yet? Honestly it's as if there's nobody left who actually reads the provided information from Legendary anymore. They just see "Rodan, Mothra, King Ghidorah confirmed" and instantly "IT MUST BE TRUE! THEY'RE CONFIRMED FOR GODZILLA 2!!" Nope. No they are not.

Critical thinking and critical analysis people. It's not as hard as it sounds. Read ALL the informatoin and make sure not to let an overexcited imagination rule your thought process. I know it sounds mean, but seriously if everyone just lets their imagination run wild while spreading their opinions and wishful thinking to the masses what happens? False rumors, myths, and bad speculation begin to circulate and create rifts between people who do and don't believe them even though none of them are actually true by definition. So read everything thoroughly and make sure that what you're reading comes from a reputable source that is verifiable and has a good record of accurate information.

Kpopstars and Kdramastars are NOT reputable sites with good information, so DO NOT rely on what you read there.

29 Replies

Kumonga65

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-28-2014 9:14 PM

I still want them all to be in the second one though.

NerdyBandGeeks

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-28-2014 9:53 PM

You could be less rude about this.

"Anyone who says that they are all confirmed for Godzilla 2 right now has no critical thinking or analysis skills when it comes to taking in information and processing it."

While I don't think that Ghidorah will be in the sequel, you don't have to insult members of our little community for wishful thinking.

Godzilla316

MemberAnguirusAug-29-2014 12:36 AM
In case you havent noticed, we havent relied on kdrama or kpop, InstinctiveGigan was at Comic Con, he said Thomas Tull explicitly described this as Godzilla 2 Footage. But you are right about King Kong
Remember that chap, I forget his name, he climbed Everest without any oxygen, came down nearly dead. They asked him, they said, "Why did you go up there to die?" He said, "I didn't, I went up there to live."

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-29-2014 3:36 AM

The Legendary Facebook page didn't say that all three were confirmed for Godzilla 2, but Comic-Con witnesses all say that Legendary explicitly confirmed that Ghidorah, Mothra, and Rodan will all appear in Godzilla 2. Plus, I highly doubt Legendary would announce that they acquired the rights to all three monsters and then not use them in the next movie. Doing so would create a huge backlash.

And for the King Kong thing, we have no idea if Skull Island is a prequel or not. Some sources say it is, others say it is a reboot. If it is indeed a prequel featuring a 25-foot Kong, then there is no need for a Godzilla and Kong crossover. But if Kong is reinvented to be a comparable size to Godzilla, then there is a strong chance of it happening.

"When man falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born." - Professor Hayashida, The Return of Godzilla

Gojira 2014

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-29-2014 4:45 AM

I agree with NERDYBANDGEEKS. Your telling us that were not smart but you say you are? First of all, if you want people to listen to you, you have to know how to deliver what you have to say in a smart and smooth manner. Threatning other Gfans and telling us that we don't know how to think criticly was a really un-wise way to deliver the informtion. You may be educated boy but your not very bright. Plus, some of us didn't get our information from this site. I get it from E.T.N, the place that knows whats confirmed and not confirmed, a place I can trust. But the E.T.N said that the three musketears mothra, rodan, and ghidorah were all confirmed...not neccesarly for godzilla 2 but for later films or possibly for godzilla 2. My speaches may not be very bright easy (hell no they ain't) but they sure as hell are better than yours, not as well neat and organised as yours but its better presented. Heres some advice, if your gona tell us something, choose your words wisely next time. And also read my whole post and think about it before you respond.  

I have become death.......the casher at the donut shop.......

Durp004

MemberBaragonAug-29-2014 5:30 AM

I love how you not only felt the need to make this thread, you also felt that you had to go on every thread that talked about these subjects and explain why they are wrong. Talk about thorough. 

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-29-2014 6:12 AM

Yeah, I love how all of this guy's posts are just him rudely and angrily correcting people and saying anyone who doesn't agree with him is an idiot.

"When man falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born." - Professor Hayashida, The Return of Godzilla

Akio123

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-29-2014 6:39 AM

The thought of a 350 foot Gorilla fighting Godzilla really bothers me. 

Carnosaur

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-29-2014 8:54 AM

Well, hes got a point guys. No offense, but i've seen alot of you post about how all three are going to be in the sequel. That movie is still four years away! There's no way of telling who/what is going to be in the movie.

Take this question into consideration; What would they do with the third movie if they had Rodan, Mothra, and Ghidorah all in the second? if they just crammed them into the third, that would be the definition of unnecessary sequel.

Now, if i were you i would have gone about this a completely different way rather then blasting people for how they think, but whatever floats your boat.

Nature doesn't deceive us; it is we who deceive ourselves.

Godzilla316

MemberAnguirusAug-29-2014 9:07 AM

@Carnosaur

Well, Comix Con attendees say Thomas Tull says they are confirmed for Godzilla 2. Although I wished King Ghidorah would be left for the finale of the series, I wouldnt mind him being in the sequel. Also, Gigan, Destroyah, Anguirus are candidates for the sequel

Remember that chap, I forget his name, he climbed Everest without any oxygen, came down nearly dead. They asked him, they said, "Why did you go up there to die?" He said, "I didn't, I went up there to live."

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-29-2014 9:37 AM

I'm almost certain that Anguirus will be in either 2 or 3, because rumors before the Comic-Con announcement said that Legendary had acquired the rights to Anguirus, Mothra, Rodan, and King Ghidorah. The latter three turned out to be absolutely true, so it's very likely Anguirus will make an appearance. It would be fitting since he was the first monster besides Godzilla in the franchise, plus I'm sure it wouldn't be hard for Legendary to incorporate a creature like Anguirus into the new mythology.

king of all KAIJU:)

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-29-2014 9:47 AM

you do know you r like one of the 20th people who have already posted this thread,,i would rather take instictivegiagans advice than yours because he actually went to comic-con....if they r in it than they r in it..it seems like u dont want them to be in the sequel

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-29-2014 10:34 AM

I don't know if it's that this guy doesn't want them in the sequel, but it seems like he gets enjoyment by crushing other people's hopes for upcoming movies. Every comment he posts either says something about the Toho monsters not being in Godzilla 2, a Godzilla and King Kong crossover never happening, or a Godzilla and Pacific Rim crossover never happening. Literally, that's all he ever talks about. And of course in every one of these posts he adds something like "anyone who thinks otherwise is a stupid idiot. I'm right so deal with it." He's just a typical forum jerk. Granted, he makes valid points in all of his posts, but he is incredibly rude and insulting when he makes them.

Durp004

MemberBaragonAug-29-2014 10:51 AM

I found it extremely funny after his anti toho monsters campaign legendary announced they had rights to 3 of them. I'm not sure why he goes out of his way to make threads shooting down ideas, if he doesn't like them don't post on the threads about them, don't go out of your way to shoot them down making threads about why they're wrong then going and then posting on all of their threads that what they're asking for is stupid or impossible. 

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaAug-29-2014 11:18 AM

^He won't even acknowledge his anti-Toho monster tirade these days.

That said, it pains me to admit he has a point about the three announced monsters. I've said that from the beginning.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-29-2014 12:08 PM

^Oh yeah I totally forgot about his "There aren't going to be any Toho monsters in the sequels, guys. It's just not going to happen. If you think it will happen, you're stupid. I'm right so only listen to me" posts a while back. He really does have a reputation of shooting down any idea that isn't his and being an elitist jerk.

GG

ModeratorGiganAug-29-2014 1:19 PM

He has a point in terms of fantasy.

Cause at Comic Con Ghidorah, Mothra, and Rodan were all confirmed for Godzilla 2, and other monsters were confirmed for Godzilla 3 and 4.

Good grief.

GG

ModeratorGiganAug-29-2014 1:21 PM

Now here is my point.

Why would Legendary make people think that they are gonna be in the sequel and then not have them?

Ghidorah and rodan are the heavy hitters and they would want to get them in quick to insure that people will still care for a third one.

Also if there are only gonna be 3 then how would they include other toho monsters like Anguirus and possibly Destoroyah?

Legendary isnt an idiot, and they are gonna release they're trump card to get more fans excited for the third one.

Good grief.

MNJARO

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-29-2014 1:29 PM

lol you need to relax lmfao, who cares what people on a forum think first of all.....you dont know any of these people personally so relax buddy

second of all, at comic con, after the little gareth edwards speech, it showed silhouettes of all 3 of these monsters after stating godzilla 2 is being made.....why on earth would they show all 3 if they werent going to be in the direct sequel to this movie.....that would be really stupid marketing, and would piss alot of people off if they believed for 4 years those 3 would be in the sequel because of the way the presentation of the monsters was done at comic-con......take a superhero franchise for example.....iron man 1, if they were doing the same promo, why on earth would they show mandarin right after talking about ironman 2 being made, when he's not going to be in it, or spiderman, showing venom and sandman after announcing spiderman 2, its just stupid and unnecessary, you reveal it when the time is right

if ghidorah was being used at the trilogy finale villian, they would have kept it secret that they were going to use him for the 3rd movie, and they would have just said that only mothra and rodan were obtained by toho for the sequel....which would create buzz because than people would start speculating who they would bring in for the 3rd movie, not release who is going to be the villian in every movie for the rest of the franchise, where is the fun in that?

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonAug-29-2014 3:19 PM

I don't get why so many of you are so quick to say all 4 of these monsters won't be in one film. Don't forget there have been 11-12 in one film and another, plus ghidorah the three headed monster featured these same 4 kaijus.

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

KManX89

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-29-2014 4:21 PM

@ GMAN2887: not according to InstinctiveGigan and others, who were actually AT the event. And like somebody else said, why would you announce enemies for future installments at the panel for the next one? That would be like LP and WB revealing Doomsday during the announcement for the first Man of Steel movie when, as we all know, we did not get Doomsday, we got General freaking Zod in that movie, or Darkseid for the first Justice League film panel only to have him in Justice League 2, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever especially when you've already been nailed once before for deceptive marketing with the previous film, even from those who said they enjoyed it.

Considering how up in arms people were about "being lied to" about Cranston being the lead from the adverts in the first film despite ATJ being featured just as much in them, if I'm GE or TT, I don't even wanna think about the backlash that would surely follow "oh snap, they're actually not all going to be in the second movie together, even though we gave you teaser footage at the Godzilla 2 (emphasis added!) panel with all 3 of 'em in it, not the Godzilla sequelS panel!" Could you imagine how much that'll piss people off and drive audiences away from the upcoming sequels? That's Deceptive Marketing, heck, Marketing Perjury 101 right there.

KManX89

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-30-2014 7:14 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjNKj7XJ-bM#t=124

There you go, TW_GFan, Thomas Tull clearly uttered the words "Godzilla 2" right then and there, not "Godzilla 2 and '3'", not "Godzilla sequelS", Godzilla 2 (emphasis added)! And that was taken straight from the Godzilla 2 CC panel. Let's hear your spin doctor vitriol now.

Also, gotta love this precious gem you posted: "Legendary has no rights to other Toho monsters at this time, and if they acquire the rights to more we won't hear about it anytime soon." Tell me: how stupid do you feel knowing that they acquired the rights to not one, not two, but count it: three Toho monsters not even a month after you posted this bile?

PS, Bigbadben, I don't understand why you don't just ban him, this guy is a pretentious prick.

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-30-2014 9:15 PM

I agree with above. This guy is really rude and mean and all he does is shoot down ideas. He adds nothing to discussions, he only says "[Insert idea here] will never happen. I'm right and you're an idiot if you don't agree with me." He's even had to apologize for mean statements and retract them before, but then he just does it again. I'm getting really tired of his negativity.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaAug-30-2014 10:46 PM

Kmanx,
The issue isn't about being lied to, it's about wording things carefully. Legendary, in all of its press release information, has been very careful with how they announce these monsters, none of which have said, "Rodan, Mothra and King Ghidorah will be in Godzilla 2."

Even the video you posted has Thomas Tull phrasing the announcment with, "to maybe show what we're thinking for the future," and "well... that's what we want to do..."

By all accounts it sounds like these three monsters are going to be in the sequel and Legendary has every intention of making that happen. But I think the reason Legendary and Tull are playing coy with some clarification is simply because there is no script yet. Borenstein has tweeted he'll be working on Godzilla 2, but he has to worry about Skull Island first. What if Borenstein and other writers take a stab at the script and stuffing three iconic monsters into the movie doesn't work? What if they decide to omit one or two monsters during the writing process? Well if they do omit a monster (or two) it simply means they never really lied about it and can use the absent monster for a future installment.

This isn't about trickery it's simply that there is no Godzilla 2 screenplay. Although Tull seems to have an idea of what he wants to do next, it doesn't always work that way. It's a "safe" announcment until they can figure out how to plow all three monsters into one film.

Off the topic, K-Manx, although TW is fairly antagonistic with his posts he hasn't specifically broken any rules. Big Bad Ben and other mods do not have the power to ban people and TW has done nothing to warrant an immediate ban. That being said, aggressive name calling is against the rules and I ask you tone down your attitude and not succumb to his level.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusAug-31-2014 3:29 AM

And there's the kicker, original GMan. For the behaviour he has consistently displayed, for all intents and purposes, most of the community would probably agree he ought to just be banned. But then, he's not officially doing anything wrong, even though it's clear that the rest of us can't tolerate what he says all the time. It may not be against the rules, but the rules don't cover everything. I would like it if he just quit being so uptight and acting superior, but I know that isn't gonna happen.

The only way that'll happen is if his actions, regardless of official recognition or not, mustn't go unpunished.

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-31-2014 9:15 AM

I agree that banning this guy may not be the best way to go, but at the very least he should be warned to start phrasing his posts in a more dignified manner and acknowledging that his opinion isn't fact. He should have worded this particular topic like "The truth is that Legendary has made no official announcement confirming the monsters for Godzilla 2 so we cannot truly factually state that the are confirmed at this point." instead of the insulting and rude way he chose to word it.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaAug-31-2014 10:52 AM

Gentlemen, I'm dealing with TW myself. The discussion about "what to do" with him ends here as that is not up to any of the members.

KManX89

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-31-2014 11:16 AM

With all due respect, most forums do have rules against flaming other members, for obvious reasons, I don't see why that wouldn't be a banable offense here. 

Half the time, I really think he's trolling and intentionally spin-doctoring things any way he can for the sole purpose of trashing whatever ideas people have to contribute on here. His (extremely immature) posts are so full of bad logic and blatant exaggerations/nitpicks, it's not even funny.

For example: him saying MechaGodzilla could not happen because it would fall apart when trying to build something that massive while basically insisting that a 350 ton nuclear dinosaur would be able to romp around cities without collapsing under his own weight (as he keeps calling this a "grounded" universe devoid of unrealistic ideals), and don't even get me started on his constant "there's not gonna be any Toho monsters, you're an idiot if you think there will be" and "if you think they'll use a Toho monster, you're saying they can't' succeed without ripping off of Toho's success".

By his own "logic", they shouldn't have made this a Godzilla reboot to begin with (as you yourself pointed out, GMan, after all, what do you call them using their most famous monster and prized possession?) and both Dark Knight films should've just had a new villain instead of Joker and Bane, respectively. After all, they've showed they can create compelling new villains in the past in Red Hood, who's to say they can't do it again instead of living off the success of past creations, right, RIGHT?! PFF! Glad he wasn't in charge of the LP/WB creative hearings when discussing ideas for the 2 Nolan Batman sequels, because knowing his spin-doctored anti-logic he constantly spews on here, I'll bet that's exactly what would've ended up happening if it were up to him.

KManX89

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-31-2014 11:22 AM

^My bad, I wrote this as you posted your last message, GMan, I apologize, I wasn't aware of it, that's the last I'll split hairs on the subject, carry on.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Xenotaris
Xenotaris » Gigan
87% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
74% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums