Godzilla Movie

Neca 24 inch Godzilla 2014 figure review

2916 Views5 Replies
Forum Topic

Gojira2K

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-31-2014 2:52 PM

Let’s start off with the box. A great design, showing the images that are mostly seen on all Godzilla merchandise that was released for the movie. In the front is clear plastic in which you can see the figure. On the back is the description of Godzilla:

“Possibly the last of an ancient species of giant amphibious creatures that evolved at a time when the surface of the Earth was over ten times more radioactive than it is today, GODZILLA can convert his radiation stores into a violent, focused exhalation of atomic breath. Rarely seen, but spoken of in ancient Pacific Island myths, ‘Gojira’ was last spotted in 1954, when the U.S. Navy encountered and attempted to kill him with a atomic blast in the Pacific Ocean. Since then, the giant creature has been living in the deep ocean – until a threat to his survival from an ancient foe forces him to reappear.”

Now let’s move on to the figure it’s self. The tail comes unattached to the main figure. To put it on you have to take a hair dryer and blow the base of the tail until it gets warm. Make sure the tail is straight when you put it on.

If the spines or bent up due to being in the box there is something you can do. Take the same hairdryer and blow on the spines. Keep it on them and they will straighten up by themselves.

The figure itself is extremely heavy. Made from solid plastic, it is even heavier than the Jakks Pacific Giant Godzilla Figure which is hollow plastic. The paint job is very detailed the exact, not a single mistake on it. The eyes are amazing, not too much paint on the teeth, the toe claws and the hand claws actually have paint on them, not left unpainted, like most figures.

The articulation is amazing. Let’s start from the top down. The head has three points of articulation. The jaw moves up and down, not too much, but just the right amount. There is one at the base of the head on a swivel joint. You can move it up a little bit and down a little bit. Not much, because there isn’t room for it. There is also one at the base of the neck. That just swivels around, but you can’t make his head face up at the sky though.

Now let’s do the main body. The arms have three points of articulation as well, the shoulders, elbows, and wrists. The shoulders are on a swivel joint like most the figure, and can move a pretty good amount. The elbows are on a hinge joint, you can straighten the arms with them or bend them a little more than a 90-degree angle. The wrists are also a swivel and twist a good amount, but you put them in crazy positions. And there is a waist joint that ends at the last big scute that can swivel around pretty well.

The legs have some pretty good articulation. There is a thigh joint, a knee joint and an ankle joint. The massive thigh joint is on a swivel joint that is quite nice. The knee joint is different than most knee joints I have seen. It is on a swivel joint and a hinge joint, meaning you can make his knee face outwards and make it look like he was kicking outwards (haven’t tried this myself, but you might be able to.) The ankle joints are on a swivel joint that can turn them outwards, not much inwards.

The tail articulation is incredible. Every section of his is bendable, right down the tip of the tail. You can make it face up, make a wave, make it sweep from side to side, or make it point straight back. Even the part that is already attached is articulated a little.

Now that we are done with articulation, let’s move on to the sound effects. On the base of the tail is a small scute that can be pushed down that will release Godzilla’s iconic roar, from two slits above it.

This figure is amazingly detailed. Every scale is just like it was in the movie. In my mind one of the best Godzilla figures that was made for this movie. I highly recommend this figure to any collector who wants a very detailed, very articulated, and very beautiful figure. An easy 10/10 for me.

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Ernest Hemingway.

5 Replies

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganAug-31-2014 3:28 PM

I purchased this figure not too long ago, and I agree with this review. It's AMAZING, and I have it on a big shelf. It's so large that it takes up the entire shelf!

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

Gojira2K

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-31-2014 4:27 PM

It is much bigger than I expected.

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Ernest Hemingway.

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganAug-31-2014 4:53 PM

It doesn't seem hugw when you think about its size, but when you see it, it's giant.n

Gojira2K

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-31-2014 4:58 PM

I know right, and it's much heavier than you think.

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganAug-31-2014 5:49 PM

I could hardly even pick it up.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
74% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums