Godzilla Movie

CALLING ALL G-FANS! (A Request For Aid For Future Endeavors)

967 Views7 Replies
Forum Topic

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusSep-17-2014 9:29 AM

I'm currently in a bit of a pickle, G-fans. My series, Colossus By Design, has hit a bit of a snag. You see, although I have the time, I don't quite have the "know-how" or the "inspiration" to truly get started on this project of mine. That's why I need your help, G-fans. Everything else is set to go, and now chapter 1's future as an actual thing hangs in the balance! I shall provide what I have so far, and see if it'll help you guys to help me out :D

The backstory, folks!

Can't forget about the main mech characters :D

Obviously gotta have Godzilla and co. :P

A bit of a foreshadowing of things to come

And that's about it folks :/

Please comment below, tell me what you think, how I can improve, what I can change, where to start with the actual story, etc.

And remember.......... no arguing with anyone but me :3

7 Replies

Godzilla316

MemberAnguirusSep-17-2014 9:51 AM

Great, I am looking forward to it. 

Begin with a prologue, something that sets the scene in detail; and try to leave clifhangers at the end of Chapters. Ghidorah should be heavier , 221 000 tons.

Check out my method for estimating weight?

Here it is

Remember that chap, I forget his name, he climbed Everest without any oxygen, came down nearly dead. They asked him, they said, "Why did you go up there to die?" He said, "I didn't, I went up there to live."

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusSep-17-2014 10:10 AM

Well, I based Ghidorah's size on past iterations, and how they compared to Legendary's Godzilla, which is the base I'm using, who was a whopping 90,000 tons. Plus, my Ghidorah isn't as bulky in comparison to said Godzilla of mine, which is why he's only marginally heavier. Plus, Ghidorah isn't even the absolute biggest baddie of them all of my series ;D

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusSep-17-2014 10:36 AM

So, with that all cleared up, any ideas for ways to officially start off the series?

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusSep-17-2014 12:52 PM

Oh no.......... it's happening AGAIN! DX

Something Real

MemberGodzillaSep-17-2014 1:38 PM

THEGMAN123 - Beginning a series can be a daunting and frightening challeneg! It's like gazing up at a mountain from its base. However, courage and faith in one's self are the most important tools to bring to such an endeavor.

Perhaps you could start Colossus by Design simply and then build-up to more complex ideas. Openning the first chapter with a battle - a vicious and titanic combat - is a fine way to gain interest from your readers. From that battle, you could set the stage for new and exciting conflicts, both physical and mental. Additionally, starting the series with a clash between two of your primary characters could help to generate new ideas pertaining to what events led up to that fight and allow you to steadily reveal information concerning those key events.

I certainly hope this has been of some help to you. Always remember to keep your chin up and your nose to the grindstone and you'll be amazed at what you can accomplish! :)

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusSep-17-2014 3:32 PM

I've got it! I have to work within my own style! I've been so hung up about making chapters, I've forgotten that classical novel-based division of my series content isn't what I'm best at! I'm best at shorter, event-based situations. In fact, I think my previous works have inspired just what I need to truly get started!

Something Real

MemberGodzillaSep-17-2014 3:48 PM

THEGMAN123 - Excellent! Carry that optimism forward and you'll do swimmingly! :)

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
72% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
BigGMonsterMan
BigGMonsterMan » Baragon
33% To Next Rank
GojiFan99
GojiFan99 » Mothra Larvae
85% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums