Godzilla Movie

Alien Influence? [King Ghidorah's Origins]

4142 Views28 Replies
Forum Topic

Something Real

MemberGodzillaSep-17-2014 8:46 PM

Hello there.

With all the talk surrounding the highly-anticipated sequal to Edwards' Godzilla, I've developed a question that I believe requires some attention: will there be an extraterrestrial influence within the new film? King Ghidorah (who has been confirmed for the sequal) has been frequently tied to alien overlords in past films, thus it stands to reason that he might be treated in the same fashion in Edwards' upcoming movie.

I, for one, would be quite pleased to see an extraterrestrial threat - provided it's presented in a fashion that's interesting and not overly-campy. Not only that, but if Ghodorah himself is reenvisioned as a more nightmarish and alien being, that could be quite compelling! Naturally, Ghidora's more classic features - three heads, two tails, wings and golden scales - should be retained. However, if the creature's design is given a more terrifying overhaul that is evocative of a non Earth-born life-form, that, in my opinion, would make for an outstanding and memorable foe - one worthy of being named King Ghidorah!

As always, your thoughts and conjecture are always welcome, even if you choose to keep them to yourself. :)

28 Replies

Godzilla316

MemberAnguirusSep-17-2014 9:13 PM

Ghidorahs origins should remain ambiguous, we should only know he came in a meteor from outer space.

My design choice is this:

Plus this:

Remember that chap, I forget his name, he climbed Everest without any oxygen, came down nearly dead. They asked him, they said, "Why did you go up there to die?" He said, "I didn't, I went up there to live."

Durp004

MemberBaragonSep-17-2014 9:23 PM

I hope they give him some type of different background. It would be boring if every monster had the same background Godzilla and the Mutos did. Rodan's pretty locked into that, Mothra will probanly be similar so that leaves Ghidorah to get an original one.

Something Real

MemberGodzillaSep-17-2014 9:27 PM

GODZILLA316 - Oh, wow! Those designs are quite neat! The second design is incredibly alien in appearance - I like it quite a bit! Thank you so much for sharing these! :)

Something Real

MemberGodzillaSep-17-2014 9:31 PM

DURP004 - You make an excellent point! Indeed, Rodan and Mothra will likely be tied to and Earth-based origin. With luck, those origins will be interesting. That being said, I'm with you: Ghidorah will likely be given the most interesting back story! :)

KingKaijuGojira

MemberTitanosaurusSep-18-2014 6:51 AM

I hope that King Ghidorah is at least a space monster. I prefer if he was trying to destroy on his own, and not being controled, but I'm cool with alien overlords. I'm good as long as he is a space monster.

\"SKREEONGK!\" -Godzilla

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-18-2014 6:55 AM

I think that Alien Overlords wouldn't really fit into Gareth's grounded universe, unless they decide to go for a Pacific Rim-styled approach (doubtful). That being said, I think that Ghidorah should definitely be extraterrestrial in origin, and possibly just arrive on Earth abruptly and begin to ravage the planet. Ghidorah's true origins and intentions should remain ambiguous, but he should be portrayed as a nightmarish destructive alien creature. I think that Gareth could really make Ghidorah be a good character foil for Godzilla. Godzilla exists to bring balance to the planet, while Ghidorah arrives to disrupt it.

"When man falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born." - Professor Hayashida, The Return of Godzilla

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusSep-18-2014 8:01 AM

I think we're all in general consensus when we say we want the golden emperor to come from space. However, in what context is slightly more debated :P

Personally, yes, mystery is always a good thing, though I'm down with our human characters coming up with hypotheses and theories for why themselves, as long as it isn't blatantly told to us that said guesses on their part is right C:

As for general idea of how he'll act in the movie? Destructive, obviously. I'd say that maybe he ought to have a, I don't know.... "searching destructiveness" to him? Like, I don't know, he seems to be looking for something, and is tearing up human civilization in the process.

Something like that :P

Evan123

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-18-2014 8:28 AM

I agree with all you have said, although i do believe an element of mystery surrounding this creature would add great suspense and wonder to the film, and then possibly allow them to reveal his other worldly overlords to us in the third instalment, great post!

How far can we push nature before it pushes back?

mattzilla16

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-18-2014 8:56 AM

What If King ghidorah was awakened just like Cloverfield? A satellite falls from space landing perfectly in the water and waking up King Ghidorah. Also the reason I say the satellite landed in the water is because King Ghidorah was asleep for millions if not billions of years. Even being on Earth longer then Godzilla. Like what if a meteorite carrying King Ghidorah like Godzilla316 said and landed on Earth before any other living creature Was even alive. Then, do to lack of food he went into hibernation underwater. Then a sataliteracy falls into the water and awakens King Ghidorah to find out that the world has changed. Of course, Monarch knew King Ghidorah was underwater. Anyways, King Ghidorah would awake during the events of Godzilla 2014. That is all I got to say.

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusSep-18-2014 10:17 AM

Oooh! Idea!

Going off of what Mattzill16 said, but instead of a mere satellite, perhaps the M.U.T.O.s' deaths could have been the catalyst that awakens the golden space dragon :D

JRR

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-18-2014 11:43 AM

Id like his origin to be simillar as in Mothra3 a monster that arrived in a meteor in the cretaceus period killing the dinosaurs, then reamaining in hybernation for millions of years

he should look sorta like this

Evacuate?, Godzilla is just a Legend!-Woman in GMK

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaSep-18-2014 12:33 PM

Moved to Godzilla 2014 Sequel forum.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Something Real

MemberGodzillaSep-18-2014 2:43 PM

Wow! These are some excellent responses! Thank you all so much for taking the time to have a go at this post and come up with your own thoughts on the matter I've presented! I'm with each of you: Ghidorah should definately be extraterrestrial in origin. That being said, I'm uncertain - as with many of you - if Ghidorah should be under the infgluence of alien overlords or some other entity. Regardless, I'm certain that the origin Edwards and his team with design for Ghidorah will be most compelling! Once again, thank you all for taking the time to present your ideas and conjecture! It's most appreciated! :)

Daikaiju Danielle

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-18-2014 3:46 PM

Although interesting, aliens could never work with the universe Gareth has created for Goji. :/

"Daddy's home- cake every night,"

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusSep-18-2014 4:32 PM

Contemporary "civilization" aliens? Probably not. An ancient alien alpha predator like King Ghidorah? A bit more likely C:

Something Real

MemberGodzillaSep-18-2014 4:53 PM

DAIKAIJU_DANIELLE - I understand exactly what you mean. Having a more "down-to-earth" approach for Ghidorah is likely the route Edwards will take. :)

Something Real

MemberGodzillaSep-18-2014 4:59 PM

THEGMAN123 - Indeed! I certainly hope that Ghidorah keeps his extraterrestrial origin - perhaps being the equivalent of Godzilla upon his planet of origin. Who knows? Perhaps King Ghidorah's home was destroyed in the past? That could be an interesting concept - simple and to the point! :)

Gojira 2014

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 8:41 AM

I feel like Ghidorah should have a more realistic orgin. Him being a space monster or a being born from a Meteor isn't going to cut it, we got to think criticly here guys. Sure the Gfans may be all out for this but the general adieunce certainly wouldn't, to be honest. These future films will be created for all adieunces, not just Gfans. So were going to have to make some sacrifices guys. But hey, Ghidorah having the MUTO story backround will do just fine.

I have become death.......the casher at the donut shop.......

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusSep-19-2014 9:07 AM

Ahem........ why wouldn't they? They can accept that an alien from another galaxy can somehow grow up into an all-powerful saviour of humanity, but a three-headed, two-tailed, gigantic golden flying dragon that shoots lightning from its mouths can't come from space?

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 9:46 AM

Alien overlords controlling a three-headed dragon and sending it to conquer Earth probably wouldn't work, but a three-headed dragon suddenly arriving from space and ravaging the planet for unknown reasons might work better. We have no idea what lies in the vastness of space, so as far as we know a creature like Ghidorah could be out there. Gareth could use the mystery and uncertainty of space to make Ghidorah seem grounded but terrifying and otherwordly at the same time.

"When man falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born." - Professor Hayashida, The Return of Godzilla

Gojira 2014

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-24-2014 12:51 AM

Nah, that wouldn't work because that wouldn't tell us jake **** about ghidorah. TELL US WHERE HE CAME FROM. WHY IS HE HERE? WHATS HIS PURPOSE? THESE ARE QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ANSWERED! DON'T BE LAZY AND JUST SAY HES AN ALIEN AND THEN JUST WALK OFF!   >0<  CHIN HURU ARIGATO CHIN HURU ARIGATO! IM SO FRUSTRATED I DONT EVEN KNOW REAL JAPANESE IM JUST ACTINGLY LIKE I DO SO I CAN LOOK SMART AHAHAH HAHAHA HAHAHGVHVUVUYVO&**& ....................you didn't here anything ._.

Reaper_3-1

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-24-2014 6:03 AM

Ghidorah should be an ailen in the next film just to stay true to godzilla vs gigan

Gojira 2014

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-24-2014 11:19 PM

Ghidorah did not originally come from godzilla vs gigan.

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusSep-25-2014 4:50 AM

Yeah. He come from "Ghidorah: The Three-Headed Monster". And he came from space. Plus, most fans associate him with space. Plus, most outside non-fans view him as from space. Plus, his general appearance gives off the vibe of not coming from Earth.

TW_G-Fan2014

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-27-2014 7:14 PM

King Ghidorah is the one foe Godzilla has in the Showa era that has absolutely no origin whatsoever to speak of.

He came in a meteor... Okay, but from where and why? For what purpose was he given to exist? Why come to Earth when there is an entire universe out there to terrorize without the threat of Godzilla to kick his ass?

Even if his alien origins are done away with, I'll be satisfied as long as he retains some of his core features. Three heads and golden scales are all I require. Making him bipedal is a recipe for disaster. The Toho Ghidorah's design is built to fail. Why? Because when standing up like that his wings are perpendicular to the ground and he can't generate lift when flapping them to fly from that position. The moment he leans forward, he's going to fall onto his stomach because the lift needed to lift his bulk off the ground does not exist if he's standing still or even if he had a small jogging start. Also, the moment he goes down, he has no way to get up. Without arms to give himself some kind of stability, his wings would snap under his own weight if he tried to use them to get up after being knocked down by Godzilla or whomever else manages to knock him over.

The original Toho design, as fun as it was for the time period, is completely impractical and to be honest when they show us Ghidorah I'm expecting Smaug with three heads and golden scales. That's about as realistic as Ghidorah will ever be and  whether or not he retains his alien origins or is given a new origin here on Earth, so long as he's bigger than Godzilla and puts up a good fight before kicking the bucket inevitably at the end, I'm good.

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-28-2014 5:19 PM

Making him quadrupedal would make him more like Keizer Ghidorah. If they're going to reinvent his stance at least make him have two legs but lean forward ans use his wings as front legs to keep himself upright.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonSep-29-2014 4:22 PM

@Tw-gfan2014

Watch the language please, thank you.

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

Tyrant king

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-29-2014 4:25 PM

i stand corrected bigbadben.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Monsterzero9
Monsterzero9 » Anguirus
77% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
72% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
BigGMonsterMan
BigGMonsterMan » Baragon
33% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums