Godzilla Movie

How should Godzilla 2 start?

1241 Views16 Replies
Forum Topic

Mecha Rodan

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-18-2014 9:49 PM

With Godzilla 2 coming out in 4 years, that leaves quite slot of time to speculate about the movie. Where's better to start then the beggining? Here is my idea for the opening.

We see a shot of daily lives of people walking around and then we hear a siren go off. As the siren goes off we hear the words MUTO alert and then the power cuts out. We then see a bunch of people running away from the coast and into bunkers as the water levels rise. We then see a male MUTO flying over the buildings and as it lands it starts to make a mting call in different directions. We then see a tsunami come in and then we hear the ground shake. Then the camera shows the MUTO roaring at the camera's direction and flyies toward us. We then see a close up of Godzilla's face and then zoom out to see the MUTO flying towards Godzilla.We then see Godzilla grab the MUTO and throw it into a building a rams into it. We then see Godzilla beat up the MUTO until it dies and then we see Godzilla roar in triumph and then we cut away to the title.

What do you think? What is wrong with my idea? What is your idea? Also remember to post on my Biollante Origin, I want to see the entire communities' opinion on the origin and there own ideas.

16 Replies

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaSep-18-2014 9:59 PM

I mean, I have almost no interest in seeing the MUTO ever again, but I'm okay with the idea of one reappearing as an introduction to the larger story and as cannon fodder. I've always felt that MUTO work better as cannon fodder, kind of like Kamakirus. So if the movie opens to establish more monsters have invaded the world and Godzilla has become more effecient at killing these things, it could help establish Rodan or King Ghidorah (especially King Ghidorah) as much tougher opponents.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Something Real

MemberGodzillaSep-18-2014 10:46 PM

MECHA RODAN - That's a very interesting sequence you've presented! Indeed, I believe the MUTO have had their run on within the Godzilla universe. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing one - a holdeover, perhaps - emerging to be summarily trounced by Godzilla! As GMAN2887 has already stated, such an openning would allow the viewer to understand that Godzilla has attained a higher degree of killing proficiency - something he'll sorely need when faced with a foe like King Ghidorah! :)

FordBrodyLover99

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-18-2014 11:53 PM

Ehhhhhh, i dont really like that a M.U.T.O just appears and is then just killed like nothing. It seems a little bit wastefull and kinda insulting. We shouldnt have more M.U.T.O`s, they had their spotlights, lets not ruin it for them.

TW_G-Fan2014

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-18-2014 11:57 PM

An interesting thought, but I agree that the MUTO's are done.

Rather, I think a better intro would simple be along the lines of seeing what has become of Godzilla since his fight. We know that he took some damage, as watching the film you'll see occasional blood spatters when the male and female MUTO (but mostly the male) are stabbing him with their claw arms.

How about touching on Godzilla's healing? We have no information at all as to whether or not his cells actually regenerate at a rate equal to or in any way greater than that of his Toho counterpart, so how about we receive some new information first? Give us a bit of info such as his healing, if it has been brought back at all, then perhaps a bit of speculation about his breath and his power source (as radiation alone is not the source of his power and his breath has to be processed and produced somewhere in his body for it to work at all).

All of this information could be a conversation between Serizawa and Graham, and then we get an alert through the PA system about Godzilla making landfall. Cut to the shore of a city, doesn't matter where so long as it's at least kind of relevant to the storyline, and we see the military trying to respond to the threat of Godzilla who is lumbering out of the sea. We get a nice little intro of Godzilla kicking the military's ass proper, as he used to in the good old Toho days, and then we cut back to Serizawa as another alert pops up through the PA. A previously unknown or at least unobserved source of radiation is being detected elsewhere on the planet, and we cut to hazy satellite footage of the new creature.

Obviously, the new creature is going to be either the hazy outline of Mothra, Roda, or King Ghidorah as we know Legendary acquired the rights to use them. However, which one we'll only be able to speculate on as there is presently no information on whether or not one, two, or any of them will even be used in Godzilla 2. A lot of people are jumping on the bandwagon that all three will be in Godzilla 2, but there's no evidence to support that theory so I'm waiting before I start making bold claims. Right now they're just in Legendary's pocket, but whether or not they'll all be used remains unknown right now.

Still, it's something to think about. An opening to Godzilla 2 should definitely include Godzilla as the big reveal and all the teasing is over now. With Godzilla's return finally complete, we can now focus on building him as a character and a creature all over again, and that means a lot more screen time than a measly 10:28. I took a stopwatch to the movie just yesterday to make sure of his screen time, and he is on screen for 10:28, give or take a few seconds for human error along the way. Ten and a half minutes... Yeah, not gonna cut it for Godzilla 2.

In the next one, Godzilla is going to have to have at least a half an hour of screen time for it to be successful. With the reveal out of the way, Legendary has no excuse for holding him back any further.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaSep-19-2014 12:01 AM

@ZillaHater,
Exactly. Wiping out a MUTO at the beginning of the film shows that they're small fry and easy pickings for Godzilla in comparison to Rodan / King Ghidorah. I look at it as an establishing story move, like Batman capturing Scarecrow at the beginning of The Dark Knight. Or Gamera blowing multiple Gyaos out of the sky in Gamera 3: The Revenge of Irys

Plus, personally, I don't have a lot of fondness for the MUTO. The more insult, the better. On the other hand not seeing the MUTO again sits just as well with me. It's a win either way.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

FordBrodyLover99

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 1:06 AM

@GMAN2887

So your basically saying that because YOU dont like the monster, it should just be made fun off and just wiped out for fun? Seriously dude, you should be more like me and not show off hatred for monster so blantantly.

Wait....Whoops.

Durp004

MemberBaragonSep-19-2014 1:09 AM

I think it should just show the ruins of San Francisco that's still being rebuilt, and maybe go to a government meeting deciding what to do about the monsters maybe ending on a phase similar to, "what if there's more?" or "what if something biggers out there?" Then maybe show where one of the new monsters are.

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 3:30 AM

I think that it could open with perhaps Serizawa and other Monarch scientists overseeing the rebuilding of San Francisco after the battle while the military studies and prepares to take away the corpses of the M.U.T.O. Admiral Stenz (or some other American military figure) approaches Serizawa and says that his government has more information that Monarch was not made aware of. Serizawa is flown to the Ogasawara Islands, where there is one island in particular completely fenced off. Serizawa is taken to a military complex on the island, where he is made aware of the U.S. military's run-ins with other giant creatures during the 1950's and 60's. However, most of these creatures were easier to stop than Godzilla, and were neutralized and brought to the island to be contained. A computer monitor then shows a view of the island, where monsters (possibly Rodan, Anguirus, Varan, or others) are seen roaming around. Then the opening credits roll.

Just a sort of improvised idea, but I think it could help to establish the existence of other monsters in the universe of the new film.

"When man falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born." - Professor Hayashida, The Return of Godzilla

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganSep-19-2014 4:29 AM

I wouldn't mind some mentioning or footage of the MUTOs, but they're done.

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

Mecha Rodan

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 4:58 AM

The reason I said that the male MUTO could get killed easily was because in Hawaii you see that Godzilla was desomating the MUTO. If MUTO didn't fly away when he did then I think Godzilla would go back to the sea and either kill the female or go back to resting, what all depends on the female waking up or not. With his new knowledge Godzilla would be able to kill the MUTO even faster than before.Also @TheKingofTheMonsters; your idea seems more like something that would happen during the movie or a end credit scene. @TW_G_FAN2014 your idea slightly confuses me. Not that it's bad but there is a little too much going on at once. There would be the exposition of explaining Godzilla's regeneration while explaning why Godzilla is attacking a city, which he wouldnt do. Then you have to show the monster from the sattelite somehow and where did it come from. Godzilla attacking could work if he was attacking a nuclear power plant but showing off the monster this early isn't so great.

KingKaijuGojira

MemberTitanosaurusSep-19-2014 6:08 AM

I want to see it be similar to the opening of the first one. With stock footage of them trying to destroy Godzilla, only with footage of Mothra, and Rodan thrown into the mix. Perhaps even a meteor landing somewhere. I wouldn't mind seeing the Muto again. I really like them.

\"SKREEONGK!\" -Godzilla

npinkham19

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 6:32 AM

The new Godzilla origin wasn't born from nuclear weapons, merely awakened. This gives us a lot of potential to go in the past. I'd love to see Ancient Japan in a Godzilla movie. Samurais are protecting a castle from "the dragon" which turns out to be Ghidorah. Godzilla shows up and in typical G2014 action immediately cut away. Than we hear about the legend of one monster causing another to flee the planet but now in the present he's coming back for round two.

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusSep-19-2014 6:39 AM

How about this for an intro, guys? Enjoy:

[San Francisco, only a few days following the aftermath of Godzilla and his battle with the M.U.T.O.s]

[Reconstruction is going on]

[Pan towards taped-off areas, where HAZMAT scientists, as well as Dr. Serizawa and Dr. Graham, examine samples of Godzilla's blood on the ground, as well as the bodies of the dead M.U.T.O.s]

[Pan towards the nest site until it's in full view]

[Transition into a scene on a remote island where a sinkhole similar to the one the male M.U.T.O. made is seen, with HAZMAT scientists and soldiers gathered around]

[Cue a low monster sound from the hole that gets the attention of everyone in the area]

[Pan away from the hole in the direction of the shores of the island]

[Transition to the shores, where waves are coming in at increasing rates]

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 10:09 AM

If M.U.T.O. is to be included in the sequels at all, which I am mostly against, Monarch should maybe find one surviving egg in the nest, then bring it to a secure island location where other giant monsters are contained (basically Monster Island). That M.U.T.O. could grow up and become another member of the monster cast that could eventually be Godzilla's ally against a greater threat (like King Ghidorah if Gareth really does go for a Destroy All Monsters remake).

"When man falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born." - Professor Hayashida, The Return of Godzilla

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusSep-19-2014 10:35 AM

I proposed simply including their bodies for study, as well as new sinkholes reminiscient of theirs, only housing a new giant monster species instead.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonSep-19-2014 1:46 PM

The mutos are done, just like bryan cranston is. I hate to say that because cranston's acting is dang good, but they are finished.

As far as staring....Maybe have serizawa and his monarch team still studying him when he went back to the ocean and followed him through the years.

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
74% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums