Godzilla Movie

So Should Godzilla Birth a Son in One of the Sequels?

1620 Views17 Replies
Forum Topic

Goji

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 6:09 AM

Well..Should he?

I don't mean calling him minya...maybe give him a different style, name that would be unique like the Muto where they wouldn't need to get the rights cause the design and name are different.

“Give me where to stand and I will move the earth”.

17 Replies

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 6:13 AM

In every series so far, Godzilla has adopted a son, so it's possible he will have one in the new series. I think a more interesting angle than his son simply being another member of his species that he adopted would be for perhaps to establish that long ago Godzilla had a mate and children, but they were supposedly killed long ago, either by a meteor or another monster (possibly Ghidorah). Then in the present day a surviving egg is found and hatches into Godzilla's actual son. That would at least make the backstory of Godzilla's son more unique.

"When man falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born." - Professor Hayashida, The Return of Godzilla

Goji

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 6:15 AM

^ That would be great.

“Give me where to stand and I will move the earth”.

KingKaijuGojira

MemberTitanosaurusSep-19-2014 6:18 AM

I agree with THE KING OF THE MONSTERS. I've always liked stories with Godzilla's son in them. It shows that Godzilla isn't just a mindless, emotionless beast.

\"SKREEONGK!\" -Godzilla

npinkham19

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 6:25 AM

I prefer my Godzilla as more of an almost supernatural force of nature. Whenever they gave him a son it was to make him more sympathetic/human. Let Godzilla be like a spirit that comes along to do his job and than vanish.

dinoboy22

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 7:31 AM

i like godzilla as a sypmathetic creature and givng godzilla a son or adopted son would be doing just that. maybe that could be godzillas motivation for killing king ghidorah. perhaps back when godzilla was young he had started a family and ghidorah came and wiped out most things on earth and forcing whatever was left under ground and godzillas family were some of the casualties. now imagine him fighting ghidorah in modern day and he adopted a young godzilla. can you imagine the hate he feels for ghidorah. it would make interesting story

GG

ModeratorGiganSep-19-2014 8:38 AM

No, the amount of backlash there would bE, "OH he is no longer the KING OF THE MONSTERS he is a Father now!" From A**'s like that would be tremendous. They would never do this, it would kill the series. This is America, America only wants FIGHT FIGHT thats why Transformers made a billion dollars, if they ever made Godzilla a father the series would just die.

Good grief.

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusSep-19-2014 9:09 AM

OH NOES! GG HAS GONE TO THE DARK SIDE! DX

TarrellZilla

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 9:56 AM

GG - I don't really see at all how Godzilla being a father would make people think he's no longer The King of Monsters. Caesar had 2 children in Dawn of the planet of the apes and everyone was completely fine with that. Godzilla is an animal and its surprising at all that he would have/adopt others of his kind.

It all depends on how they handle it. If the Godzilla and son relationship is handled similar to how it was in the Heisei series I think it could greatly add another layer to the new Godzillas character, especially if Godzilla fails to save his son from an opponent like Ghidorah, Destoroyah, etc. in the third film.

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 10:03 AM

Going the route of the Showa series would be a recipe for disaster, but following the Heisei series relationship between Godzilla and Junior could add a serious, touching, and potentially tragic element to Godzilla's story. The thing that sets Godzilla apart from other giant monsters and animals in general is his humanity. He has human-like emotions and intelligence. But Godzilla has been the last of his kind for centuries and is probably extremely lonely and hardened. Introducing another member of Godzilla's kind for him to raise as his own family would allow the audience to sympathize with Godzilla even more and see him as a character and not just a monster. Of course, they would have to go about it in the right way so that it could be taken seriously.

"When man falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born." - Professor Hayashida, The Return of Godzilla

GG

ModeratorGiganSep-19-2014 10:56 AM

The amount of backlash people had for Godzilla not being evil was demonic, and if they introduced a son for him? It would kill the series for america, Ceaser isnt a super famous character who is known for destroying things.

Good grief.

JRR

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 11:43 AM

Unless its only say an ambiguous ending if By some reason, godzilla where to die, then yes, but only say as an egg

Evacuate?, Godzilla is just a Legend!-Woman in GMK

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonSep-19-2014 1:47 PM

No, as fun as the movies are with him having a son are, the others where he is a force of nature, run of the mill monster on the loose are far better.

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

Mecha Rodan

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 2:35 PM

I say yes but only if it is done right. Godzilla is an animal, not a mindless monster. Maybe this could be a way for Godzilla to attack a city. Scietists dissrespect nature and kidnap Godzilla jr. and then Godzilla comes to find him and destroyes several buildings trying to find him.

Something Real

MemberGodzillaSep-19-2014 4:06 PM

ALX - Oh, I'd absolutely adore seeing Godzilla rear a baby member of his species! That would be too bloody cute! :)

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganSep-19-2014 4:08 PM

I wouldn't mind a baby Godzilla.

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

Durp004

MemberBaragonSep-19-2014 4:17 PM

I wouldn't have a problem with him having a son depending where they went with it, it could add a lot of elements to the story and character.

KoldWarKid62

MemberBaragonSep-28-2014 6:17 PM

No. Been there, done that.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
BigGMonsterMan
BigGMonsterMan » Baragon
33% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums