Godzilla Movie

Lets think real here folks

Locked4068 Views88 Replies
Forum Topic

Gojira 2014

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 8:53 AM

Now I have been reading lots and lots of speculation threads for the new Godzilla sequel. And each and every thread is missing something, a sense of realism. Sure its cute and all to put on our little kiddy pants from our child hood and enjoy everything we loved about the king of the monster...but.....when it comes down to specualtion we need to think a little bit more realistic. For example, I was just done reading a thread on what king ghidorah's orgin should be and all of them were the smae "make him a space monster" or "make him born from a meteorite". I mean C'mon guys we can think bigger than this. Gareth once said in an interview that godzilla 2014 and future films will be made for everyone, not just Gfans. So in that case, we have to make sacrifices. Ghidorah being a space monster in these next films just isn't going to cut it especially in this type of godzilla universe were its so grounded. Can we be upset that he wasn't a space monster, sure I guess. But just remember that Gareth Edwards Godzilla 2014 and following sequels arn't going to please the masters. All I ask is that we be a little bit more logical as to how these future toho monsters will fit into this universe. Now just to let you know this was not intended as a threat even if it may have looked like it was and I mean to have this request and conversation in peace not conflict :3

I have become death.......the casher at the donut shop.......
88 Replies

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusSep-19-2014 9:05 AM

Well, how would YOU explain a three-headed gigantic flying golden dragon with two tails and can shoot lightning from its mouth in this "grounded" sense? o3o

dinoboy22

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 9:12 AM

to be honest i dont really care where he comes from as long as he keeps most of his core traits and hes a formitable apponent for godzilla

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 9:42 AM

Making Ghidorah extraterrestrial would not ruin the realism, but making him the pawn of alien overlords might. If Ghidorah were a creature that came from space and began to ravage the planet for no apparent reason, I see no reason why that wouldn't fit in Gareth's grounded universe. There is no better way to explain a three headed, lightning spitting, golden dragon, so why not just leave his background and intentions ambiguous and only propose that he is not of this Earth?

"When man falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born." - Professor Hayashida, The Return of Godzilla

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusSep-19-2014 9:46 AM

Yeha, none of that "under orders from the galactic whatever" stuff, only pure, solo space dragon goodness! Though, why he'd come to Earth is the question, then.

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 9:49 AM

I could see them portraying Ghidorah similar to how he is portrayed in Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster and Rebirth of Mothra 3. In those movies, Ghidorah is an independent malicious creature that comes to Earth with the sole motivation to kill and destroy. That would be a plausible explanation in the more grounded Legendary universe thna Ghidorah being the pawn of alien invaders.

"When man falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born." - Professor Hayashida, The Return of Godzilla

JRR

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 10:50 AM

Preety much agree with King of the Monsters, besides as longs as there are no Xaliens or Hunter Nenulans its not that SubRealistic for him to not be from earth

Evacuate?, Godzilla is just a Legend!-Woman in GMK

npinkham19

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 11:14 AM

Some traits to these monsters have to stay the same like Mothra for instance. The second you take away her spiritual, deity side it's just a moth. With Ghidorah I'd keep the space angle. I'd say scientists use a machine to emulate the Muto's frequencies to try and lure Godzilla but it's amplified so much that it attracts a creature from space.

GG

ModeratorGiganSep-19-2014 12:05 PM

Keeping grounded means jacksquat, look at Star trek, star wars and all that stuff, even look at planet of the apes. Those storys make no sense and involve things that couldnt possibly happen, but they make hundreds of millions of dollars!

Infact making ghidorah a spcae monster would probably make people enjoy the film, it also shows that they arent taking themselves super super seriously.

Also the whole, we dont know where he came from its just from space gives a eerie and suspensefull feel to the film.

Do you freaking expect a 800 foot 3 headed dragon to be wandering around earth?

Good grief.

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 12:15 PM

Thank you so muchGojira 2014! I was so mad everyone say this. It's sad to know everyone gonna hate the sequel since he is gonna be a earth monster.

Btw, Ghidorah came from earth before twice actually. Hesiei and GMK. So he is probably gonna be from earth. He might be part snake 

There are strong men and weak men. The strong ones are here to keep the weak ones up when ever they fail.

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 12:16 PM

Gorilla - 800ft.?

There are strong men and weak men. The strong ones are here to keep the weak ones up when ever they fail.

Lord Vader

MemberGodzillaSep-19-2014 12:36 PM

Just saying, but "real" and "Godzilla" do not belong in the same sentence. Like amost any movie, if it was realistic, it'd be pretty lame. 

Jack of all trades. Master of none

Durp004

MemberBaragonSep-19-2014 12:51 PM

Ghidorah being from space isn't that unrealistic. I remember taking Astronomy freshmen year at college and my professor said it's literally statistically impossible that this is the only planet with life.

There's nothing wrong with him being a space monster. It actually makes the movie much more interesting rather than giving very single monster in this series the same exact background as "ancient monster that feeds on radiation". Realistic means something's taken and presented in a way that's believable. It doesn't mean if it literally can't happen tomorrow it's not realistic, if so nothing in these movies are realistic and then there's no point in not making him a space monster since they failed at the realism anyway. 

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganSep-19-2014 12:53 PM

I don't care where he comes from, as long as he's awesome. :P

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 12:58 PM

It's boring to have the same origon to

JRR

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 1:06 PM

HFTT technecly the heisei and millenium versions are more unrealistic, beeing that in the heisei he whas 3 bio-eangeniered pets brougth by timetravelers then mutated by radiation into a 3 headed 2 tailed winged monster, and the GMK version whas an ancient guardian of japan

JRR

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 1:06 PM

Plus a spirit

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 1:09 PM

Yea but JRR he still had a earth orgin

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusSep-19-2014 1:09 PM

If anything, being from space explains away just about every aspect of the golden emperor, from his three heads and two tails, to his ability to fly despite being so large, and to his ability to shoot what essentially amounts to lightning from his mouth.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonSep-19-2014 1:15 PM

Why not wait until they release trailers? It's ok to specualte, but at the end of the day i think we all know that ghidorah is coming from space.

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 1:20 PM

I'm sorry but it's just silly. A lot of people said pacific rim had a silly tone because aliens and robots

Lord Vader

MemberGodzillaSep-19-2014 1:22 PM

By that logic, Guardians of the Galaxy had a silly tone because one of the main characters was a gun wielding, talking raccoon, and another was a walking tree. 

Jack of all trades. Master of none

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonSep-19-2014 1:24 PM

^Yet it's ok. This is why i think people have to have a open mind when it comes to things. They know godzilla isn't real, and no matter how realistic they try things, it won't happen.

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusSep-19-2014 1:30 PM

Now, how they approach Ghidorah we can only speculate on for now, but in the end, the creatures themselves will never truly be realistic, but what happens to and around them can be.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonSep-19-2014 1:33 PM

^Very true.

InstinctiveGigan

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 3:02 PM

I agree with Sci-Fi King25.

As long as what I'm seeing onscreen is Ghidorah, I could care less the details. Same as Godzilla.

Something Real

MemberGodzillaSep-19-2014 3:17 PM

GOJIRA 2014 - Realism is subjective - especially when you attempt to apply it to monsters. Space is something you and I can look out upon at night and clearly behold - countless stars and nebulous trails hiding what could be a staggering wealth of planets and moons supporting an infinite array of life. That, within a world dominated by digital media that can in no way actually be touched, is most certainly real. We can see and touch the vistas between our planet and the moon. Between our planet and Mars - and even the clouds of ancient dust between our planet and the very edge of our solar system.Even as we speak, space agencies are preparing to land a probe upon a comet many thousands of miles away from Earth in an attempt to begin mining it for mineral resources. Who knows? Perhaps Ghidorah's origin could be something similar - awakened from the heart of an asteroid we humans are attempting to mine? One can never tell. However, the truth of the matter is that space and its enigmatic workings are just as real as this little planet upon which you and I dwell. To simply confine a monster to one tiny speck in the vast cosmos is the unrealistic notion.

Something Real

MemberGodzillaSep-19-2014 4:00 PM

GOJIRA 2014 - As for Ghidorah's anatomy, it isn't impossible for an organism to survive in space. Just have a look at the word Extremophile. :)

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 5:33 PM

I guess its just Gojira 2014 and me agansit the world. And I love how everyone acts like hes always had a Space Orgin. (Sorry for my spelling) He has had more earth orgins instead of space orgins. If I directed the film, Space would not be mention. Also Who saI'd HE WAS GONNA BE GOLDEN SCALES!!!!! The comic-con trailer did not show scales. Other members of the family didn't have scales. Death Ghidorah, Keizer Ghidorah, Ect. I feel like that would defiantly mess up all the hard work they put in. He could be a Greenish-Gold color. Like I said he doesnt NEED STUPID FRICKING SCALES. Now Three heads. Snakes Much? Snakes grow 2 or 3 heads all the time. No joke if I walk out of that theater and people on the internet and here are complaining about No space orgins. I will no joke leave this site and Make the because rant video on youtube ever. You guys don't understand. Plus none of you guys need me on here so I won't mind leaving one bit. Also wings and weight. He can have big wings. I believe there are birds that have huge wings to hold their weight up. 

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 5:35 PM

Also godzilla was Originaly suppost to have lighting breath in the movie And not fire. Plus Godzilla breaths Fire nuth said

JRR

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 5:49 PM

HFTT if garrth dosen't make Ghihidorah Gold then he isn't Ghidorah, its like say giving him 4 legs and black color, that would make him DesGhidorah or if they make him bluish he'd be KeizerGhidorah, beisides Toho forced them to make Godzilla related to Atomiuc Bomba, so they migth force them to make ghidorah at least be realated to a meteor shower 

Add A Reply
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Xenotaris
Xenotaris » Gigan
87% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
74% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums