Godzilla Movie

Why is everyone so sad about max being the (whatever it's called) in godzilla 2

3124 Views32 Replies
Forum Topic

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 12:11 PM

Was he working in the 1st g 2014 because idk. But why u guys sad

There are strong men and weak men. The strong ones are here to keep the weak ones up when ever they fail.

32 Replies

Duratok

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 12:45 PM

'The whatever it's called'? Do you mean screenwriter?

I have a problem with it because I didn't care for the first movie. I felt that the characters were horribly developed.

Max wasn't the only writer for the first movie, however. I think there's three total. Hopefully Max works better as a solo act.

Daikaiju Danielle

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 12:50 PM

I'll have to agree with Duratok here. Max did not do a very good job on Godzilla 2014. :/ The characters were stale and uninteresting (with very few exceptions).

I get what the writers wanted me to feel, but I just felt nothing for these main characters. The best characters where Joe, Ishiro, and Vivienne in my opinion. 

"Daddy's home- cake every night,"

JRR

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 1:09 PM

Well how do we not know the other writers didn't do good?, before when it whas in pre-production writers came and whent

Evacuate?, Godzilla is just a Legend!-Woman in GMK

Akio123

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 1:16 PM

Personally, I felt the writing was so poor. It lacked any sense of dread and or realistic emotion. Any sense of emotional moment within the film was forced. The human drama in the movie did not have nearly as much power as the monster action. In my opinion, I belived this made the movie good. NOT great. However, just because its a monster movie doesnt mean it shouldnt be GREAT within all aspects. Just watch Gojira 1954.

If they want to fix the criticism from the first movie for their sequal, they will need to approach the human element differently. Have characters the general public can relate to. Not a bunch of poker-faced soldiers and cliche scientists. How about people actually caught within the devastation. People really facing the horror of crumbling building and losing their loved ones. In addition, TRULY show the impact. The aftermath of such a thing. The death toll, the trama, and sadness..You get what I'm saying? 

I just don't feel like Max can do that. There is still four years for this movie to even be in the market, maybe he will learn. 

GODZILLA:THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 1:44 PM

Ok we get it can we talk about something esle now and get off this subject.

GG

ModeratorGiganSep-19-2014 2:11 PM

Just to clear things up for you.

Max Borenstein wrote the screen play, Dave callaham wrote the story.

Dave Callaham also took around 97% of the film was his writing.

Max borenstein did the whole third act and wrote in the final battle and the human aspect with that. He wrote the story according to what Gareth wanted, if Gareth in the sequel says, "Let them fight in the fight scenes" then we are gonna have a fight in the fight scenes.

Good grief.

Duratok

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 2:20 PM

@GODZILLA:THEDESTROYEROFWORLDS

We're discussing the topic brought about by HIGH FLYERS TAG TEAM. You may not like what we're talking about, but we're discussing the proper subject in the proper place. If you don't like the subject matter, you don't have to read it.

NerdyBandGeeks

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 2:23 PM

While Max Borenstein didn't do it alone, he was given a large part of the credit for the script. Everyone is upset because of the lack of character depth in the first movie. Even though that was his first ever screenplay (as far as I've heard), and I'd say he didn't do a horrible job, but there are stories from first time writers with much better characters.

GODZILLA:THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 2:47 PM

@DURATOK. Your discussioning about the writer in 2 other posts. Like it or not he is the writer for the next godzilla movie. There is nothing we can do about it. Granted the characters were solid not terrible and this film is heads above heels over the 1998 movie. remember JUNE 2018 is the date and theres more than plenty of time to make the human story better. I feel when you guys are talking about this subject its like kicking a dead horse.And don't forgot skull island will add to his experience.   

InstinctiveGigan

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 2:58 PM

Because I've seen his writing in Godzilla (2014) and in Godzilla: Awakening, I'm not a fan of the writing format of either. He has oppurtunites to write great characters and use them in intense scenes but he doesn't.

And I can forgive all that if he was willing to improve himself and learn from his mistakes. But based on his responses in interviews, he thinks there is nothing wrong with what he wrote. That the way he wrote the human characters was fine and dandy. Unless this attitude changes with or by the time Skull Island comes around, I have no faith in his writing abilities for the sequel.

But again, Skull Island comes out before Godzilla 2 so we'll have something to base his current writing style on then. But until then, I am not excited about where the sequels are gonna go other than the confirmed monsters.

GG

ModeratorGiganSep-19-2014 3:04 PM

Gigan so then your saying your not excited the least for Godzilla 2 just because of him?

His writing didnt even come in until the end of Godzilla 2014, and i havent heard of Dave Callaham and the others confirmed so give the guy a damn chance.

Good grief.

InstinctiveGigan

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 3:16 PM

No need to use harsh language. And I'm saying the only reason I'm excited for Godzilla 2 is for the monsters. Don't know if you know this, but writing is one of the most important (if not THE most important) process of creating a story. If someone else was helping him I wouldn't be so disappointed, but I don't trust him alone with a story. From the sound of it, he's writing it by himself. 

If I'm given further proof otherwise than I'll cheer up, but that hasn't happened yet. In addition I gave the guy a "damned chance", actually 2 chances, it's called Godzilla (2014) AND Awakening. 

Duratok

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 3:16 PM

@INSTINCTIVEGIGAN,

Oh crap, he really said all that? That's a big, BIG problem right there. It's bad enough when people don't learn from their mistakes, but to waive off criticism like that and think they're perfect already? That's downright horrible. Nobody develops as a person or an artist if they feel like they can stop growing.

Like you said, here's hoping he has a dramatic change of mindset.

Something Real

MemberGodzillaSep-19-2014 3:33 PM

HIGH FLYERS TAG TEAM - For the most part, people are apprehensive of Broenstein's involvement due to what many perceived as lackluster story-telling. Of course, he might actually be able to pull-off a desent script with the four years he's been given to pen the upcoming sequel. However, many peoplefeel that he just doesn't have what it takes to uphold the Godzilla franchise in the manner it deserves.

GG

ModeratorGiganSep-19-2014 4:00 PM

Gigan- Sorry sorry it was directed at not giving a chance, not at you in any way possible.

What i was saying was that he didnt write the entire story, he wrote the third act which was the second best part.

So he shouldnt be hated so hardly.

Nontheless sorry for my use of language.

Good grief.

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonSep-19-2014 4:22 PM

Am I the only person not complaining about the script or the story?  Am I the only one who actually LIKED the script and the story?!

Being a minority within a minority genre sucks. -_-

"Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science Fiction is the improbable made possible." -Rod Serling

The Godzilla Novelization Project: Follow Along Today!

Something Real

MemberGodzillaSep-19-2014 4:47 PM

DANZILLA93 - Aww! It's okay, sweetie! You don't have to justify what you like to anyone - least of all me or anyone else on this site! If you enjoyed the story within Edwards' Godzilla, then that's all that matters! Your interests are just as valid as anyone else's; never doubt that! :)

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonSep-19-2014 4:51 PM

Thanks Something Real. :) You always know how to make us feel better!  Thank you so much for being such a positive presence in this community. :)

"Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science Fiction is the improbable made possible." -Rod Serling

The Godzilla Novelization Project: Follow Along Today!

ShowtimeOrtega

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 5:52 PM

I'm with you on that one DANZILLA93. Don't feel like you're the only one haha. I'm pretty sure there's a lot of people on here as well that did like it also, but I respect the people that didn't :p

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaSep-19-2014 6:45 PM

"Being a minority within a minority genre sucks. -_-"

Think this is bad? Try being one of the few who will defend Godzilla's Revenge.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 6:57 PM

No offense but wait you defend godzilla's revenge? I don't even watch it and I know its dumb. The bully message isn't bad but the movie knida is

There are strong men and weak men. The strong ones are here to keep the weak ones up when ever they fail.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaSep-19-2014 7:43 PM

^See? He proves my point.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 7:45 PM

Oh

ShowtimeOrtega

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 9:16 PM

Godzilla's Revenge is one of my faves. Simply because I watched it a lot as a kid and since I unfortunately was bullied as a kid, the movie made me feel better. 

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-19-2014 10:05 PM

I haven't watch it. It probably won't help me. I get bully a bit. But I believe all the crap the schools say is wrong. If someone if bulling you kick the crap out of him. If someone says your the bully say "Hey look he was asking for it!"

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaSep-19-2014 10:09 PM

If you haven't seen a movie it's presumptuous to have an opinion on it.

Something Real

MemberGodzillaSep-19-2014 11:35 PM

GMAN2887 - I stand with you! Godzilla's Revenge was a fantastic, family-friendly film with excellent moral content! :)

Durp004

MemberBaragonSep-19-2014 11:37 PM

If he does more work with his characters there shouldn't be too much of a problem, but if not have more action. I'd rather watch mindless monster fights than follow around bland characters I don't care about.

Something Real

MemberGodzillaSep-19-2014 11:37 PM

DANZILLA93 - You're most welcome! :)

InstinctiveGigan

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-20-2014 1:29 AM

I hope Borenstein makes me eat my words, I hope he makes me look like a whining idiot who had no idea what he was talking about back in 2014. I want to look like a hypocrite, hating on his writing one moment, then praising it the next. Make me look stupid Max! I'm begging you.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Xenotaris
Xenotaris » Gigan
87% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
74% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums