Godzilla Movie

Godzilla 2 should be PG-13 or R?

3537 Views22 Replies
Forum Topic

DarkChief

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-20-2014 8:45 PM

Well, the name of the discussion says everthing.

Honestly, I have no problem with the movie being "PG-13", Sweard words are not neccesary and violance can be moderate, we don´t need a lot of violence to have a good movie.

22 Replies

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaSep-20-2014 9:06 PM

Moved to Godzilla Sequel Discussion.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-20-2014 9:07 PM

Pg-18? It's R my friend

There are strong men and weak men. The strong ones are here to keep the weak ones up when ever they fail.

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-20-2014 9:07 PM

Pg-18? It's R my friend

There are strong men and weak men. The strong ones are here to keep the weak ones up when ever they fail.

Gojira2K

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-20-2014 9:10 PM

I say PG-13, because the first one is.

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Ernest Hemingway.

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-20-2014 9:16 PM

I don't see any reason for them to make it R-rated.

"When man falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born." - Professor Hayashida, The Return of Godzilla

Something Real

MemberGodzillaSep-20-2014 9:49 PM

DARKCHEIF - I see no reason why the next film shouldn't follow in the same vein as the first with a PG-13 rating. After all, such a rating makes it accessible to a more diverse audience! :)

Linkzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-20-2014 10:04 PM

Oh, God, not this again -_-

DarkChief

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-20-2014 10:30 PM

LINKZILLA - what?

DarkChief

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-20-2014 10:30 PM

LINKZILLA - what?

Duratok

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-20-2014 10:47 PM

Definitely maintain it at PG-13. The sequel needs better characters and a better script, not more cursing and gore.

DarkChief

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-20-2014 10:51 PM

Well, the first movie actually have very little gore, even the Death of the Male M.U.T.O have no blood.

Lord Vader

MemberGodzillaSep-21-2014 4:14 AM

PG-13 is sufficient. As much as cursing and gore can replace good writing and acting, I'd rather it have better writing and acting. 

Sarcasm aside, PG-13 is really enough. It gives some room for some cussing and violence, but not really bad that a child couldn't watch it. If it is similar to G2014, I'll be happy with the amount of violence (I like violence). 

Jack of all trades. Master of none

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganSep-21-2014 5:58 AM

^ I'm more of a mindless destruction of major cities person myself.

I agree, PG-13 is good, and as Something Real said, it would allow a more diverse audience.

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

Durp004

MemberBaragonSep-21-2014 1:05 PM

I can't think any good reason to make a Godzilla movie rated R

Daikaiju Danielle

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-21-2014 2:28 PM

Well, we know absoluetly nothing on this movie besides the monsters appearing in it. I haven't an idea.

"Daddy's home- cake every night,"

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonSep-22-2014 2:39 PM

Oh, god no, not this again.

Look guys, a rated-r godzilla film is never going to happen. Any bright company out there knows that children of all ages will want to see godzilla, espceially if we the parents and what not pass godzilla down to them in an early age. So no rated R will never happen.

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaSep-22-2014 2:48 PM

^I mean. Pretty much all of this.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonSep-22-2014 2:52 PM

^Glad some one else besides me has that common sense of knowlege.

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-22-2014 2:55 PM

Now if the confirmed monsters were more along the line of Hedorah or Destoroyah I could see a more legitimate discussion of the possibility of an R-rated Godzilla film. Still, I don't see it happening any time soon.

"When man falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born." - Professor Hayashida, The Return of Godzilla

MP-40 Schmiesser

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-23-2014 9:42 AM

Agreed. Sex,  profanity,  and  gore  have  nothing to do with telling  a Kaiju-related  story.

Reaper_3-1

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-23-2014 12:04 PM

the movie should be PG-13 the last one was and there was no really graphic images in the movie. If you concider the kiss of death graphic.

dinoboy22

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-23-2014 2:28 PM

i wouldnt mind gore and cursing in a godzilla movie but sex and things like that can stay away

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
74% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums