Godzilla Movie

Has Anyone been made fun of for liking Godzilla?

4325 Views38 Replies
Forum Topic

NextGojiraKing93

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-25-2014 2:05 PM

I just want to ask everyone for all Godzilla fans here, has anyone in their life has been made fun of for being a fan of Godzilla? Because I have a brother at home who is constantely making fun of me and telling me that Godzilla sucks, Godzilla is stupid, how can anyone like a guy in a rubber suit etc. But please me if there is anyone out there right now is being making fun of for being a fan of Godzilla?

38 Replies

GG

ModeratorGiganSep-25-2014 2:08 PM

Actually, everyone i know loves Gojira. Tell him that rubber suiting is a filming art. Back in old japan it was one of their only ways to film the scale of creatures, but nowadays its an art that is used for nostalgia.

Good grief.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonSep-25-2014 2:08 PM

Simple little advice for you fans like me.

Don't let sorry people walk all over you, i always wear a godzilla t-shirt when i go to town and they all stare at me like i am a freak, but when it comes down to it. When they judge you over something you like, that makes them no better than the dirt you step on day in and day out.

Don't let them bring you down at all, they don't me when i have to tell them like it is. :)

Be strong my godzilla family, Be strong. :)

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

Duratok

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-25-2014 2:12 PM

I wouldn't suggest thinking of people like dirt like BigBadBen suggests, but I agree that you shouldn't take their judgements to heart. People are just into different things, and sometimes people feel the need to put down what other's like in order to validate their own interests.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonSep-25-2014 2:13 PM

^I was speaking in general, there duratok, and you're right not all people are dirt, but some of them i have seen here in my hometown are, at least i can say that much.

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

NextGojiraKing93

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-25-2014 2:17 PM

@GorrillaGodzilla

My brother is never amuse of suitmation of Godzilla , he thinks it looks fake and cheap.

@BIGBADBEN

Thank you for your advice, It made me feel better.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonSep-25-2014 2:19 PM

@Nextgojiraking93,

You are welcome buddy. :)

If you ever need more advice on anything, you can always send me a PM through scified. I will be more than happy to help out with whatever you need. :)

leaper

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-25-2014 2:28 PM

ME DEFINITELY

leaper

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-25-2014 2:28 PM

it's been that way my whole life

Daikaiju Danielle

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-25-2014 2:30 PM

Yessir. I feel a lot of Gfans have been teased and bullied for liking Goji, unfortunately.

I'm still getting harassed for liking Godzilla! I've grown to ignore it, though (although it still hurts a little). I guess people don't appreciate and respect the fine art that goes into making Godzilla and how incredible it is. :(

I'm sorry to hear you're getting made fun of, but don't let that get you down! 

"Daddy's home- cake every night,"

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonSep-25-2014 2:43 PM

^If people learned to look past the rubber suits, and minature tokyo's and learned to look the beast in it's eye, then we are all naive. Because godzilla is that ever lasting remider of the pandora's box that opened on August 6th, 1945.

NextGojiraKing93

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-25-2014 2:51 PM

@DAIKAIJU_DANIELLE

Thanks, it always good to talk to someone who has alot in common and that is Godzilla.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonSep-25-2014 2:54 PM

@Nextgojiraking93,

This might help cheer you up. :)

http://www.godzilla-movies.com/community/forums/topic/37324  :)

alextheburger

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-25-2014 3:10 PM

well i look at it as its their opinion not a fact just opinion

Lord Vader

MemberGodzillaSep-25-2014 3:21 PM

I never really mention that I like Godzilla around my friends. Well, I never really talk about any franchise I like around my friends. Never made fun of for liking Godzilla, but yeah, I have been mocked for liking Jurassic Park. Ah well, tops being a first degree stoner. 

Jack of all trades. Master of none

alextheburger

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-25-2014 4:12 PM

i show that i am a g-fan prouldly i talk about godzilla i wear godzilla tshirts and i have a godzilla 2014 phone case and i normally dont here any one bash me for like goji

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-25-2014 4:51 PM

I'm still made fun of for it!

There are strong men and weak men. The strong ones are here to keep the weak ones up when ever they fail.

gojifan02

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-25-2014 5:39 PM

I get made fun of ALOT!! I was showing my NECA godzilla to my friend and he snaped the tail of the 6 inch one and told me that "GOJI, you can't like godzilla. He's just a stupid movie like independance day. get a life." yea...

RESPECT THE GOLDEN MIRUmiru

Something Real

MemberGodzillaSep-25-2014 6:08 PM

NEXTGOJIRAKING93 - Oh, sweetie; I'm so sorry you've recieved such negative feedback from your brother. Our family's opinions of us are the ones we care for most, and it certainly isn't easy to have a sibling whom is antogonistic toward our hobbies. Bear this in mind: when someone is openly negative about something, one of three things (or perhaps all) are at work in the situation. A)They don' uinderstand what's in question. B) They're afraid of it to some degree. Or C) They believe it falls outside of what is an acceptible norm. As a journalist, I see these situations arise time and again in a vast array of instances - from politics to agriculture. In the end, after all that I've seen regarding such reactions, I've come to a conclusion that easily sums it up: we are all at the whim of society, yet we are the first and last authorities in our lives. The only way something as simple and opinion can hurt you is if you give it the power to. There is no doubt that words can be extremely painful, however if you choose not to let them bring about negative emotions in you, then you've robbed them of their power. I know it's far easier said than done, but, the next time your brother begins to mock your hobbies and interests, simply say "That's nice" and go about your business as if nothing happened. By doing this, you've robbed him of any fire he can throw at you because you've shown that you're not interested in what he has to say - just as he's not interested in your hobby. The door swings both ways - and sometimes the back-swing  has more momentum than the initial push. ;)

I certainly hope this helps to at least bring you peace of mind. Regardless, always remember to keep your chin up and walk proudly. You are the deciding factor in all things concerning your life; if you like Godzilla, who's to say that's unacceptible or stupid? After all, Godzilla is the most well-known and loved monster in the entire world! That definately counts for something! Thus, by direct extension, so do you. :)

GG

ModeratorGiganSep-25-2014 6:09 PM

GOJIFAN02- and you let him walk away with that said?? You cant let people step all other you, thats why dictators never fall, why bullys are never stopped.

Go to his hosue or whatever, call him out on that, stand for Godzilla! Call him out on something he loves and ask him if he can love that, why cant i love godzilla?

Good grief.

Something Real

MemberGodzillaSep-25-2014 6:12 PM

EVERYONE -My previous statement goes for all of you as well. We all begin and end. We all live a life by our own design. :)

gojifan02

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-25-2014 6:13 PM

gorilla, I have a couple time. "Because nobody like godzilla but you"

I don't talk to him about godzilla, but overall that, we're good friends. But I shut him up by takeing him to the new movie ( He thought it was amazing!)

gojifan02

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-25-2014 6:15 PM

But what I quoted him on was a few years ago (like 16 months ago lol)

GG

ModeratorGiganSep-25-2014 6:18 PM

oh, well you could have told me that, i was ready to ruff him up for ya. Jk!

Something real- Your statement speaks for the lot of people, i have always followed and done the rules that you stated, even when i was 10. The high school generation of kids needs to understand it though, (Thank god im done with that stuff.) they let people step all over them, and this is how bullying begins.

And it wont end until every child learns how to ignore and stand up to those that disrespect them.

Good grief.

gojifan02

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-25-2014 6:36 PM

^lol, he doesn't need to beat up, he need to give me his doctor who landyrd

JRR

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-25-2014 6:40 PM

Well i haven't, and considering almost everyone in my class is a diehard fan of something ranging from Books to anime to videogames and Comic , so no one is actually in the position to judge

Evacuate?, Godzilla is just a Legend!-Woman in GMK

Something Real

MemberGodzillaSep-25-2014 6:41 PM

GORILLAGODZILLA - I understand your stance with regards to this topic and your dedication to standing up for what's right. It speaks quite well of your character. Always bear in mind that we are the ones whom hold the utmost power in our lives - and violence often enough only begets more violence. It's certain that we must sometimes make responses to injustice that are agressive in nature, but that shouldn't be the norm; diplomacy and level-headedness are the best weapons we can bring to bear against those who would presume to run roughshod over us. Always keep your chin up and remember that an informed and even-handed response is often the best in any situation. :)

JRR

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-25-2014 6:41 PM

Plus many consider it part of their child hood just like Pokemon and DBZ

Evacuate?, Godzilla is just a Legend!-Woman in GMK

GG

ModeratorGiganSep-25-2014 7:43 PM

Oh, im just kidding when i say im gonna beat someone up over something, something real!
Level headedness is the best way to win an arguement, while the other gts mad, you stay calm and collected and explain your facts. And even if your wrong its no biggy, being wrong is what makes you learn to be write.

Good grief.

Chris

AdminSpaceGodzillaSep-25-2014 7:48 PM

Nope, on the contrary, I get people into it! Haha The new movie helped give Godzilla a serious tone, which seems to have appealed to crowds who usually might not have liked it, or thought less of it before.

Hyped for: Alien: Romulus | Badlands (Predator 6) | Cloverfield 4

Something Real

MemberGodzillaSep-25-2014 8:05 PM

GORILLAGODZILLA - Very well-spoken, sweetie. :)

CHRIS PICARD - That"'s an excellent viewpoint! :)

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
BigGMonsterMan
BigGMonsterMan » Baragon
33% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums