Godzilla Movie

Godzilla 2 - Possible Mothra concept

1400 Views9 Replies
Forum Topic

Noah_S

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-28-2014 12:04 AM

So, I know this is huge debate to those who love Mothra about as much as I do. But, I know they might simplify her character due to her complexity. I love Mothra as I've stated, but I'm curious to how they're going to portray her that will satisfy the American audience and the Mothra fans as well. I wonder if it will be true to her spirit, or will it be another 1998 remake downfall? I have faith in the director and producers though, they did a fantastc justice to Godzilla. So, here is my first concept that I kinda just drew up that doesn't deviate too far from how Mothra is viewed. I hope its tolerable.

Possible Concept:

On an indian reservation, a Shaman’s sons stumble upon a great egg found deep in the caves of a mountain. The Twins hear strange movements from within the egg, they tell their father who witnesses it for himself. He and his children soon tell their people, who all come to believe that the giant egg is some sort of deity and the Shaman and his children lead a cult of people to worship their new found god. The Father and his children are the vessels to communicate to and from the deity.  They come to believe it is a god, and that she is beginning to awaken after the catastrophe with the other MUTOS and Godzilla, the people travel to her caverns religiously to sing songs of praise and encouragement as she will “emerge as a baby, and will grow like any other being”. In reality, Mothra is a giant mutant and can quite possibly be a MUTO herself, born from the moth family, her intentions are unknown and whether or not she is a man made creation is yet to be seen. To the people who worship her, she is here to save the crumbling earth, and a creature of ancient origins

Word spreads about the strange pilgrimage, leading the government to find the location of the egg. They force the cult away from the egg, but they continue to worship it from afar, while the shaman’s children make their way dangerously close to the borders of the government set up. They sit and meditate and relay messages they believe they obtained from the creature. It is unknown whether the creature has obtained a sort of telepathy, or a higher intelligence for that matter. It possibly could have, as she is of unknown origin, and it is under speculation whether she could be a genetic creation, or possibly an ancient being that remained in the cave for many centuries.

UPDATE: Possible addition to this concept: The creature was known to exist by the shaman the entire time, however it's location was unknown and the people have always worshipped the creature despite the fact they could never find it. Their people's legends told of a great insect, with wings that cause hurricanes, and an appearance that looked like it held some presence of former beauty.

9 Replies

Varan04276

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-28-2014 12:32 AM

That is a very neat idea.

I? I am a monument to all of your sins.

yokoshai

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-28-2014 5:12 AM

That's a great ideaa.....

IMAGINE

----the theme to the movie could be how people REACT to the catastraphe from the first film:

>people becoming intense & fighting each other  due to the desparation

>the effects of the native's superstition fro the egg and its effects on the norm

>the ties of religious beleiefs to the concept of MOTHRA

it provides a great idea for Gareth to work in his "human element" and at the same time

is able to put the monsters more into focus as well because of what the monsters represent:

MOTHRA--seen as the savior

GODZILLA---seen more as a "destroyer" due to what happened

GG

ModeratorGiganSep-28-2014 6:29 AM

Great awesome reimagining Noah! Loved it!

Good grief.

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganSep-28-2014 6:49 AM

I'd love to see this in the film!

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

JRR

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-28-2014 7:35 AM

Welcome Nhoa i see you are new here,but in my opinion having Mothra related to the Mutos is a very bad idea, and also i prefer than instead of beeing a recently discovered monster that she should of been a monster kept in seecret by nonarch

Evacuate?, Godzilla is just a Legend!-Woman in GMK

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-28-2014 10:10 AM

I think this is an excellent way to introduce Mothra's mystical presence and group of worshippers in a serious and realistic way, however I think that Mothra should not be related to the M.U.T.O.s and that her presence should have been known for a long time. Perhaps she was seen by the tribe ages ago and is only now spoken of in legends. Now the emergence of other monsters has awakened her and she has returned. My opinion aside, this is a very good basis for introducing Mothra in the new grounded universe without reinventing her character in a way that disrespects her roots.

"When man falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born." - Professor Hayashida, The Return of Godzilla

Noah_S

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-28-2014 10:33 AM

Hmmm good point JRR and KING OF THE MONSTERS. It would be kinda strange to have her affiliated with the MUTOs, because they were pretty bad in the movie. I was wondering if she was or not, I can probably fix some things in there. Thank you very much for all your feedback :D

Something Real

MemberGodzillaSep-28-2014 4:57 PM

NOAH_S - Welcome to the site! It's always excellent to see new faces! As for your hypothesis on Mothra's origin, that's quite fascinating! The concept of a religious follwing steadily growing up around the egg is an excellent idea - one which has a good deal of basis in real world events. Perhaps we could take it a step futher and say that dust form Mothra's shell contains actual, extraordinary healing properties that begin to circulate amongst those whom make the journey to her - something like super-concentrated stem-cells that provide almost preternatural regenerative benefits to those whom have it introduced into their bloodstream. That would certainly provide grounds for a religious sect to spring-up around what is otherwise an extremely alien and potentially dangerous life-form! Thank you ever so much for sharing this concept with us! :)

GG

ModeratorGiganSep-28-2014 6:48 PM

Im serious, this type of idea is really good, it brings realism and Monsterism into the picture.

And could definitley, atleast in my opinion make the new film really well done.

Good grief.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
72% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
BigGMonsterMan
BigGMonsterMan » Baragon
33% To Next Rank
GojiFan99
GojiFan99 » Mothra Larvae
85% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums