Godzilla Movie

Godzilla on the PlayStation 3 Trailer – So Bad It’s Good?

1345 Views3 Replies
Forum Topic

Goji

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-01-2014 5:14 AM

Here is a very negative article about Godzilla (PS3) Game..

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/09/29/godzilla-on-the-playstation-3-trailer-so-bad-its-good/

Here are some highlights from it:

We can already see there are issues when controlling the giant beast from an awkward camera angle that is best described as over-the-shoulder while placed at his hips.

Rather than looking epic on the level a great Godzilla game should, this title is bungled down with ridiculous graphical effects that would barely scrape by in the early days of this generation. Muddy textures, lifeless buildings, zero detail in the flames or environments, stiff animations from Godzilla and the other monsters, cheap fire and spark effects.

There is a particularly telling shot in which Godzilla wildly fires his atomic breath at a UFO, and from a distance, it looks as though it came straight from a Nintendo 64 game. You’ll know it when you see it in the trailer.

Everything about this game’s visuals is just screaming of a rush job to make it out in time for franchise’s 60th birthday. It’s almost like Bandai Namco forgot about the celebration and threw this together over a summer for the inevitable winter release.

On the positive side:

That doesn’t mean it doesn’t look fun, though. Destroying paper mache buildings among a battleground of cheap giant monster models was half the fun in Earth Defense Force 2017 was. This Godzilla game could very well deliver that same sense of mindless havoc, especially if they play that theme song every single second of every single stage.

I’d be totally down to try it if it does, at a discount of course. Godzilla launches in Japan on Dec. 18. No English confirmation yet, but something tells me you aren’t exactly going to need it for this one. Luckily, it’s on the import friendly PlayStation 3

“Give me where to stand and I will move the earth”.

3 Replies

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-01-2014 5:22 AM

I think this article is a bit overly critical. The entire point of the game is to realistically control Godzilla. You obviously would move slowly and clumsily just as Godzilla does. The graphics akready look far better than any Godzilla game in the last decade, and that alone is enough for me. This writer was probably expecting next-gen graphics, but due to the fact this is still a current-gen game all that matters is that the graphics have improved since the last current-gen Godzilla game, Godzilla Unleashed. As long as this game remains fun and faithful to the tradition and legacy of the franchise, I will be more than happy (as long as I somehow get to play this game).

"When man falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born." - Professor Hayashida, The Return of Godzilla

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaOct-01-2014 5:47 AM

I mean, to an extent it's right. It looks like a clunky game and I've had concerns over the controls from day one. The moment comparisons were made to Godzilla: Generations, I knew this wasn't going to be anything great.

But like The King of the Monsters said, some of the article misses the point of this game is to be cinematic regardless of clunk. I'm interested enough in it to pick it up, but I'm not expected the grand slam of all Godzilla games.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

npinkham19

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-01-2014 5:57 AM

Gotta agree with the review. The game doesn't look that good to me outside of nostalgia. It feels rushed/outdated/clumsy. I'd love to go toe to toe with all those Toho monsters and it may be enough to warrant a purchase but outside of the hardcore fanbase this game probably isn't going to sell.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
74% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums