Godzilla Movie

Warner Bros..New (Godzilla InfoGraphic Site) Launched.

5886 Views128 Replies
Forum Topic

Goji

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-01-2014 6:30 AM

Warner Bos has launched a cool new  (GODZILLA INFOGRAPHIC SITE).

http://wbhesites.com/godzilla/interactiveinfographic/

“Give me where to stand and I will move the earth”.

128 Replies

gojifan02

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-01-2014 7:24 AM

cool!

RESPECT THE GOLDEN MIRUmiru

Durp004

MemberBaragonOct-01-2014 7:25 AM

Well look at that a description of the atomic breath with no mention of the electrical sack at all.

GG

ModeratorGiganOct-01-2014 7:44 AM

Funny thing is, in that picture his breath his spiraling like the original.

Good grief.

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-01-2014 7:45 AM

But the atomic breath is pictured in a thick laser-like stream with an electrical spiral around it, unlike the blue blast of flame present in the movie. This suggests that at full power it really does have electrical properties.

"When man falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born." - Professor Hayashida, The Return of Godzilla

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusOct-01-2014 7:48 AM

As well, the description, however short, only says it's powered by Godzilla's atomic energy. It's not atomic energy being spewed out, as far as we can tell. Plus, blue flame can get pretty damn hot, but you know what else can look like fire of the same colour? Plasma. Concentrated enough? It can certainly become a "death-ray" like past iterations.

Goji

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-01-2014 8:25 AM

@Durp004...

If it's not on there then it was never officially confirmed to be true.

“Give me where to stand and I will move the earth”.

Durp004

MemberBaragonOct-01-2014 8:45 AM

@argonaut

That's the point people seem to be under this strange assumption that breath wasn't at full power due to this electrical sack that appeared in the novel but was never mentioned in the movie, and with the addition of this adds more credence to it not being cannon.

GG

ModeratorGiganOct-01-2014 9:09 AM

Durpoo, in the image it looks more powrful then the one in the film. Also where is this, if its not on the label its not true, in the film they didnt say he had breath until it happend, and on this they didnt mention his jaws and bite force.

But he definitley had it.

Good grief.

Godzilla316

MemberAnguirusOct-01-2014 9:49 AM

@Durpoo4

Why can't the novelization be canon?

Remember that chap, I forget his name, he climbed Everest without any oxygen, came down nearly dead. They asked him, they said, "Why did you go up there to die?" He said, "I didn't, I went up there to live."

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusOct-01-2014 10:07 AM

No one even knew about the plasma breath until it happened, you know. AND near the end of the movie too. I doubt even Serizawa had an answer for that one right then, and I also highly doubt given the circumstances of the situation that an explanation could've been squeezed into that scrap anyways :P

You know, I do hope we get a "pseudo-science" explanation in the next movie, or from the creators themselves to some extent, just so that we can finally stop arguing about the validity of our claims. Yes, the movie didn't specifically state this, but that doesn't mean it's been made non-canon, either. It just means that its existance is "plausible" until absolutely confirmed or denied down the line.

Until then, we have no other basis of evidence to back up our claims beyond what we've seen in the movie and what has been put down in the official literature. Until that day comes, we will continue agreeing and disagreeing about what we think makes the most sense.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaOct-01-2014 11:25 AM

@Godzilla316

Because it wasn't an on screen addition and contradicts a lot of things in the movie. They can't both be canon.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusOct-01-2014 11:27 AM

Sure they can, GMan the Original :P

All you do is take one canon over another, then use whatever else works. It's what Pacific Rim did, and I wouldn't be surprised if it happened with Godzilla as well. Though, I think in this case, film canon above literature canon first would be more likely, rather than the other way around :/

Gojira2K

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-01-2014 11:38 AM

I'm just going to live this here. (Also going to make a topic about it.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv-CCTqMhds

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Ernest Hemingway.

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-01-2014 12:01 PM

I'm what's it about. My ipad doesn't let me on it

There are strong men and weak men. The strong ones are here to keep the weak ones up when ever they fail.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaOct-01-2014 1:27 PM

TheGman123,
In what way did Pacific Rim do it? It's original material. Unless you're speaking about the comic prequel which I don't consider canon either.

Picking and choosing which elements from the movie and book are considered canon to the Legendary universe seems like a really convenient way for everyone to have their cake and eat it as well. No matter what side thinks they're right they can simply retcon aspects of either the book or movie to suit whatever they're debating for.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, in the Star Trek universe, unless it's seen onscreen (movie or television) it is not canon. Since Godzilla has an array of comics, books and video games from both Japan and America I'm sticking to that rule here as well.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusOct-01-2014 2:05 PM

Well, Travis Beacham, the writer of the novelization, has final say on the canonicity of whatever happens. For example, many of the events in Pacific Rim did indeed happen, but what we saw isn't actually the full thing that happened. For example, in the movie, it was said that Mutovore, the Kaiju in Sydney, destroyed two Jaegers before plowing through the wall. In actuality, according to the official final say by Beacham, he didn't destroy any.

As well, in the final fight by the Breach, Gipsy wrestled with Raiju for a lot longer than the simple "snack-and-grab" it did and the "sliced-down-the-charge" fatality we saw. This isn't Star Trek, original GMan. And this is the newly christened Legendary-universe. I could be wrong for all we know, but that hasn't been refuted or confirmed yet.

Doesn't matter the fashion. If they want certain non-contradictory parts to be canon, so be it. And if they want to retcon certain aspects to fit in with one particular canon, so be it. But we don't decide the rules. I'm simply using PR as an example because it's a good example of the "selective-canon" I mentioned. I for one would be more than glad to be refuted if it meant it was official.

However, since I haven't yet, and official word on that has yet to hit the Internet as we know so far, we consider such evidence plausible, but unconfirmed.

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganOct-01-2014 2:13 PM

This wasn't too interesting, but it was still pretty cool. Nice find!

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaOct-01-2014 2:26 PM

I'd like to see some links to these claims if it's all the same. If there's truth to these contradictions from the very writers of Pacific Rim, then it only comes down to one thing: Poor writing decisions that were either badly considered or tampered with because they didn't have the self control to do / say otherwise.

I also don't agree Travis Beacham has the final say. He's not the lead screenwriter for the sequel and was merely picked by del Toro to write the script. It's not his baby. In any case, one person can't retcon something or consider it non-canon. Gene Rodennbery was the creator of Star Trek who considered Star Trek II and Star Trek VI non-canon. Guess what? They happened on screen and are referenced by many other movies and television series. The studio overrid him. They're canon.

It may not be Star Trek, but it is big studio film and studio rules and property usage still apply. I doubt they're going to consider short works of writing over their multi-million dollar film productions. Stuff like these books and comic prequels will be long forgotten, especially outside the fandom.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonOct-01-2014 2:30 PM

@Gman2887,

I agree with everything you just stated, and i am sure you're busy, but when you can get the time of day please check your scified inbox. :)

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusOct-01-2014 2:37 PM

http://travisbeacham.tumblr.com/post/59220627119/what-exactly-happened-in-sydney-in-2025-the-novel

This is Beacham explaining how Mutovore didn't actually destroy two Jaegers. This is later recgonized as official.

I'm not saying it sits well with everyone, nor that it should be the way to go. But honestly, I'd prefer deriving from something we already have than trying to retcon that even more than already done. How else would we know how some of the things our Godzilla has done are really done in this Legendary Universe?

I figured out the whole "plasma-breath thing" before word of the novelization ever even got out. Though I'd hate for it to be retconned, despite its high probability of being used with all the visual evidence we have, I'm not against it if it's official in that sense. I don't see what the big deal is.

I can maybe understand not wanting things like Awakening to be canon, but the novelization seems to be a decent enough expansion on some of the events we've seen. And according to most people I've encountered, they seem to think it has better story and characterization than the movie anyways. With that kind of response, I'd be quite surprised if Legendary didn't at least take notes from the expanded material.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaOct-01-2014 3:01 PM

The problem is, whether fans like the novel better or not, the praise for it is too little to reach something as big as Legendary and their hierarchy of filmmaking. It may be a decent expansion to some, but it doesn't make it synonomous with the film.

If people want to consider it canon that's their call. But because the studio is so likely to ignore it, I wonder, will people still consider it canon if future movies contradict what was written in the novel?

For example, what if a completely different explaination is given for his ray that doesn't include the plasma sack or... whatever... Do fans still pick and choose which explaination they like better? I just don't think it pays to consider a book adaptation of a film canon to the franchise.

Durp004

MemberBaragonOct-01-2014 3:15 PM

People still try to say he took megaton nukes because the literature talks about castle bravo despite the movie specifically pointing out they only used kiloton nukes.

GG

ModeratorGiganOct-01-2014 3:38 PM

Durpoo, Kilotons are still more then any type of Godzilla has tanked.

Good grief.

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusOct-01-2014 3:45 PM

Well, there was more than one test, as Dr. Graham points out. Who knows? The Captain only spoke of Lucky Dragon, which was a kiloton test. Maybe others weren't. Maybe Castle Bravo was included in the other tests. We don't know for sure. However, the military planned multiple megaton-level bombs to take them all out.

GG

ModeratorGiganOct-01-2014 3:51 PM

Durpoo check your messages! Also Castle Bravo and Yankee wore performed on Godzilla, when graham says, "Nuclear tests in the pacific, not tests, they were trying to kill it." Its because they used more then one test.

Lucky Dragon was all that was shown, but the bomb at the beginning of the film is Castle bravo, Castle Bravo and Yankee wore apart of the tests in the pacific in american history.

So why wouldnt they have been tested on the King if all these tests wore carried out that included them.

Good grief.

Durp004

MemberBaragonOct-01-2014 4:05 PM

Since they specifically refer to the fact their nuke is much bigger than anything he's ever taken, and had he taken those megaton nukes it wouldn't make much sense to use basically the same payload over again. 

People don't seem to grasp this isn't the real world. Everything that has happened in our past doesn't have to coordinate with this movie. The movie goes out of it's way to say their megaton nukes are bigger than what was used on him. That is blatant fact that he hasn't had any used on him of that magnitude.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaOct-01-2014 4:10 PM

^And here comes the picking and choosing of what some think is canon in the book and canon in the movie. It's a stalemate argument, Durp.

GG

ModeratorGiganOct-01-2014 4:12 PM

Durpoo, that doesnt happen.

If they are using Castle Koon which was 115 kilotons, then Bravo and Yankee are in their.

The clearly stated Nuclear "Tests" Meaning more then one. Just cause it wasnt said in the film doesnt mean it didnt happen. Like how its implied that Serizawa knew Gojira before this incident but they never said it directly.

Good grief.

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-01-2014 4:48 PM

We talking about nukes (Cracks Fingers) Ok let's begin

Godzilla was gonna die by the mutos anyway so he was already about to be at gods doorstep so I think if he was about to die the nuke would kill him. Maybe he feels off radition but ITS A EXPLOSEN so it will hurts. He had to recover after the tests and 1954 and it took him 60 years to heal so he was already about to die and a megaton would make his body be all over SA. Ford saved his butt twice in the movie. Once when the mutos already killed him and Ford got the nuke away. Also when I said he was immature is because this was most likly his first combat. Because the bones in the cave were of the Godzilla before him and the two mutos from the movie were in that cave. So yea. Plus Godzilla is just a animal in the new movies. He is not a Godish like creature. To be honest this is godzilla's first time going on full animal. The only other close series was Hesiei since he was part Dino but he was still a godish like creature so that was half in half. But the new one has scars from the 1954 nuke if you notice so it did infect. To be honest the only to man made devices to kill him are a powerful nuke (kill new one that is) or Oxegyen Destroyer. The only other way is send him in space or something stupid just let him suffitcate. 

There are strong men and weak men. The strong ones are here to keep the weak ones up when ever they fail.

GG

ModeratorGiganOct-01-2014 4:55 PM

Flyers.....I thought we already established that the Mutos didnt have him at gods doorstep.

If they did, Godzilla would have been able to tail whip and use the atomic breath.

Ford didnt save Godzilla, he distracted the Mutos, giving Godzilla afew seconds to charge up. Very different from saving his life. And why are you so determined on Godzilla dieing? "Just let him sufficate" What the heck?

Godzilla was also going to blow up the eggs as soon as he got a chance, you think that if he smelled and heard the Mutos he wouldnt smell their eggs and think of them as a threat?

Good grief.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
74% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums