Godzilla Movie

How big a role have your parents had in your love for Godzilla?

1912 Views19 Replies
Forum Topic

Godzilla316

MemberAnguirusOct-19-2014 12:51 PM

Since we all had learnt about Godzilla at one point in our life, and Ive read several stories on how family has contributed to peoples love for Godzilla, have your parents played a role in it, whether it be major, minor or not at all.

Actually my dad started it all. He got a friend to import Godzilla vs Destroyah, and I remember loving it. All I understood at the time was "Giant dinosaur and Baby dinosaur vs Bigger scary dinosaur", because all I cared about at that time was dinosaur, I was around 6 or 7 at the time maybe even 5 but I remember that my passion for Godzilla grew more and more. When I told my mom about Godzilla 2 in 2018 she says "You will have outgrown Godzilla by them", I actually get a bit annoyed sometimes but I always say that its one of those things you can't outgrow, its a passion, its like what keeps you going,  its like that soap opera episode everyday, you would kick yourself if you miss it, its something that you cant live without. 

So have your parents played a big role like mine?

Remember that chap, I forget his name, he climbed Everest without any oxygen, came down nearly dead. They asked him, they said, "Why did you go up there to die?" He said, "I didn't, I went up there to live."
19 Replies

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-19-2014 12:53 PM

Well mine call me a fag if that helps

There are strong men and weak men. The strong ones are here to keep the weak ones up when ever they fail.

dinoboy22

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-19-2014 12:56 PM

started watching on my own. my family hates godzilla

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusOct-19-2014 12:57 PM

It was partially because my family hated such movies that they peaked my interest. I watched the first one as a little kid, was spooked, but loved the series ever since.

Gojira2K

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-19-2014 1:00 PM

My dad had a big part in my discovery of Godzilla too. It was Christmas morning and my dad was flipping channels on the TV and he landed on GMK and I was hooked. I was around 5 or 6 when I found out about Godzilla.

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Ernest Hemingway.

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-19-2014 1:07 PM

My father told me that he grew up watching the old Showa Godzilla and Gamera movies. The first time I was ever exposed to Godzilla was when I was watching (God)Zilla (1998) on TV when I was almost four years old. My dad walked in and saw me watching it and said "That's not Godzilla!" I asked him what the real Godzilla was and he told me all about the movies he grew up with, like Godzilla vs. Megalon and Monster Zero.  I told him I wanted to see a real Godzilla movie, so he went to a nearby video store and picked up the first movie he could find on VHS, which was Godzilla vs. Mothra from 1992. Ever since I watched that movie, which ironically now is one of my least favorite, I've been obsessed with Godzilla. My dad later introduced me to the Gamera movies too. If it wasn't for him, I might never be a kaiju fan.

"When man falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born." - Professor Hayashida, The Return of Godzilla

GG

ModeratorGiganOct-19-2014 2:13 PM

Here is my cliched story :)?

When i was 7 years old in 1994 my dad who had loved certain Godzilla films (Particularly the Showa-Early Heisei) Came into my room and said, "Have you ever seen a Godzilla film?"

At the time, i had a certain level of Disdain for cheesy films and felt that seeing Godzilla would just make me laugh really hard. So my dad put on, "Godzilla vs King Ghidorah" and we watched the film, by the end Godzilla was my all time favirote thing and Godzilla vs King Ghidorah was and is my favirote Godzilla film.

So my Dad was and is still a great part of me finding and loving Godzilla.

Good grief.

JRR

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-19-2014 2:18 PM

When i whas like 4 my mom let me watch The HB cartoon, and if she while searching on the chanels found a godzilla movie she would let me know

Evacuate?, Godzilla is just a Legend!-Woman in GMK

Varan04276

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-19-2014 2:37 PM

I don't know the exact role my mom had in my love of Godzilla because I have loved Godzilla for as long as I can remember, I have no memories of not loving Godzilla, but it must have been pretty big.

I? I am a monument to all of your sins.

DTM2014

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-19-2014 3:18 PM

My mom bought the Godzilla : King of the Monsters vhs when I was seven because she thought it was a dinosaur flick.

She was so...so...wrong

Daikaiju Danielle

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-19-2014 3:43 PM

I'd have to thank my Momma and Big Bro for getting me into Goji! 

My Mom was a big GFan when she was growing up, he favorite movie was/is Godzilla vs. Hedorah! She got my brother into it first, and he got me into it when I was little!

My Mom got me most of my figures and introduced me to the franchise, and my brother taught me all there is to know about Goji! Too bad my Brother isn't into kaiju anymore. :/ But I can still chat with my Mom about Godzilla! :) 

"Daddy's home- cake every night,"

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonOct-19-2014 4:21 PM

Alright, strap in folks…

*cue sappy violin music*

When I was but a wee lad, the buzz surrounding the 1998 Godzilla got me wondering who this guy was. After watching the first two thirds of Godzilla 2000 at a buddy’s house, I got the itch (aka obsession) to see more!

My long suffering mother, although never a fan, did see some Godzilla films as a kid, and after I pestered her, she took me to our local library, and I brought home Mothra vs Godzilla, Monster Zero, and Godzilla: King of the Monsters! It all went downhill from there… DAM: Melee on the Gamecube, toys out the wazoo… and more than a decade later, the first of five G-FESTS.

My mother has stated many times to my face that she strongly dislikes the films, but supports my fandom because it makes me happy. My brother loved it too when we were younger, but by the time he hit middle school, he had outgrown it. My dad feels pretty much the same as my mom.

So yeah… a lot of support and love, and even (after years of me talking endlessly about it) a fair amount of respect… but I’m the only fan in my family.

*violin music quietly fades out*

"Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science Fiction is the improbable made possible." -Rod Serling

The Godzilla Novelization Project: Follow Along Today!

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganOct-19-2014 5:39 PM

Well, I was on Scified.com in 2013, and I found the Godzilla forum. I got interested, and started posting stuff. Soon, I researched Godzilla and his franchice along with his fellow monsters, and-

*Bad memory*

My dad really likes Godzilla, and we saw the new movie together. Now, Godzilla is one of the primary subjects we talk about. My mom, on the other hand, never really liked Godzilla.

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

KingKaijuGojira

MemberTitanosaurusOct-20-2014 3:45 AM

They helped me get the all the movies (Except the original unedited Gojira (But I have Godzilla King of the Monsters) and Godzilla 1984) and buy the S.H. Monsterarts figures on amazon.

\"SKREEONGK!\" -Godzilla

123invaders

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-20-2014 5:59 AM

My father is a casual Godzilla fan. He is the reason I got into Godzilla because me and him watched Godzilla 2000 on VHS. And when I saw the new film for a second time I took mom with me and she absolutely loved it. My sister likes the character but she could never get into the films.

Sparkzilla14

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-20-2014 6:43 AM

Back in 1993 my mother and my uncle (her brother) approached me with 2 G films on VHS, G vs Seamonster and G vs Gigan. The first one I watched was G vs Sea Monster, I was addicted from then on. My mother and uncle still watch Godzilla from time to time. We all still talk about it in casual conversation. I'm very grateful they got me into Godzilla.

GODZILLA:THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-20-2014 5:40 PM

My mother and I are huge godzilla fans, its one of many things that keeps us together. She introduced me to godzilla with Godzilla vs king ghidorah and Gojira(americanized version).The new movie reawakened she and I's inner fansboys.

GODZILLA:THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-20-2014 5:45 PM

My mother and I are huge godzilla fans, its what make our bond a very strong one. When i was 2 or 3 I watched Godzilla vs King Ghidorah(one of my fav's) and then Godzilla, King of the Monsters(which I don't count among the Godzilla series). The new movie helped reawaken she and I's inner fanboys.

Manolisspaik

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-21-2014 5:44 AM

None lol

Tyrant king

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-21-2014 7:46 AM

@ hftt, your parents said what!?!?!!??

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Xenotaris
Xenotaris » Gigan
87% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums