Godzilla Movie

Godzilla's Second Brain..

14846 Views15 Replies
Forum Topic

Goji

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-20-2014 7:58 AM

Let's discuss (THE SECOND BRAIN) Idea....

In Godzilla v.s Mechagodzilla ll....it was revealed that Godzilla has a second brain to control it's movement...when the brain was severed Godzilla became crippled...unable to fight/defend itself...

Now the question is....Should LegenGoji also have a second brain...if so will Gareth explore it in the sequels??

What say you guys??

“Give me where to stand and I will move the earth”.

15 Replies

SapphireOverlord

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-20-2014 8:18 AM

That was a Plot McGuffin for the Heisei series.  So no, Edwards would not explore this in the next film.

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusOct-20-2014 8:19 AM

Well, it was also used in Pacific Rim to explain why, despite their size, the Kaiju were able to reat and move so fluently. Plus, it makes sense. The larger you get, the longer it takes to get signals and energy and whatnot through your body. Larger animals rely on both bigger organs, as well as secondary sets of organs.

Whether or not it makes actual sense is irrelevant. However, as a pseudo-science explanation, I think it works. However, obviously, I don't want no stinky Humans exploiting it :P

Varan04276

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-20-2014 8:23 AM

I think Godzilla needs a Binary Vascular system more than a second brain...

I? I am a monument to all of your sins.

dinoboy22

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-20-2014 8:40 AM

this is an interesting question. i think it could work if you used correctly 

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonOct-20-2014 8:56 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if the concept popped up again!  Godzilla's sacral "brain" (actually just a large cluster of nerves that acted as a go between that helped relay information from Godzilla's true brain to the lower half of his body) was pivotal in controling the kaiju's lower body functions, such as leg and tail movement.  Such a nerve cluster would surely be a result of Godzilla's mutation. 

The kaiju of Pacific Rim, which are grown by their Precurser creators, had similar organs in theor bodies.  Its an idea that Guillermo del Toro probably got from the Godzilla series, and although its been used before, it could very well become a plot point in an upcoming Legendary movie!  How they'd do it without simply rehashing plots from previous films... I'm sure of.

"Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science Fiction is the improbable made possible." -Rod Serling

The Godzilla Novelization Project: Follow Along Today!

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonOct-20-2014 8:58 AM

*not* sure of.

"Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science Fiction is the improbable made possible." -Rod Serling

The Godzilla Novelization Project: Follow Along Today!

The Doctor

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-20-2014 9:39 AM

I never knew about this second brain idea, but it sounds pretty cool. I don't really think it matters if there are more second brains though.

also, did you get my PM Splatter?

JRR

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-20-2014 11:03 AM

Nha, this idea for the movie came from an old theory that dinosaurs had more than 1 brain to be able to move and such, this whas proven fake, and the things theey tougth where brains where only nervs, PS anguirus has 6 brains or so

Evacuate?, Godzilla is just a Legend!-Woman in GMK

dinoboy22

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-20-2014 11:12 AM

anguirus has six brains? 0_0

Durp004

MemberBaragonOct-20-2014 11:31 AM

Well since the only reason it was known he had a second brain was through tests done on Baby Godzilla, and the only reason Pacific Rim kaiju were known to have that was due to the various autopsies done on the dead ones to help figure them out, I don't think they'd give a fact since I doubt they'd ever capture him but maybe have a scientist speculate it as an obvious nod to heisei.

Something Real

MemberGodzillaOct-20-2014 12:57 PM

SPLATTER - Hmm, this is an extremely compelling question you've raised! On one hand, I believe the conecpt of a "second brain" is a tired and heavily-used notion that has been exploited througout monster movie history (and was reused in Pacific Rim with results that were, in my opinion, just so-so). On the other hand, however, the concept holds a certain novelty that, if utilized in the right fashion, could make for an eerie aspect to the king of the Monsters. Knowing a creature's physiology, but not quite understanding how it works, is a fantastic way to introduce uncertainty within a film. The concept of Edwards' Godzilla having a sacral brain could be neat if presented as a evolutionary adaptation never before seen in an organism.

This was a very fun topic over which to puzzle! Thank you ever so much for presenting this to us! :)

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusOct-20-2014 1:36 PM

Tired and heavily-used notion? Something Real, I don't know where you got that idea from, but I certainly can't recall a large number of entertainment mediums that utilized such a concept. If anything, it feels underused given how infrequent it's actually been in application throughout the giant monster genre.

JRR

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-20-2014 2:48 PM

If gareth is beeing realistic, it wouldn't make scence to use this idea that has been disprooven

Evacuate?, Godzilla is just a Legend!-Woman in GMK

NerdyBandGeeks

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-20-2014 6:29 PM

JRR- He's not really trying to be "is this realistic?", more "how realistic can we make something that isn't realistic at all?" Like giant monsters, or atomic breath, or something that feeds on radiation and not substance.

I feel like if they did right, the second brain could work, but I just don't think it'd be a good idea at this time to add it.

Something Real

MemberGodzillaOct-20-2014 9:07 PM

THEGMAN123 - I ask only that you look back through movie history, starting with the mid 70's. Have a look around; you might see some things that you like! In many, let's say pseudo-scientific presentations that basically broke down into B-Movies, the concept of dinosaurs (and saurian-like creatures) have a "second brain" has been used quite a bit - especially within many that originated within the late 60's and 70's. You may trust me; I wouldn't intentionally steer you wrong. :)

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
BigGMonsterMan
BigGMonsterMan » Baragon
33% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums