Godzilla Movie

Why Only Mothra, Rodan and King Ghidorah????

1586 Views13 Replies
Forum Topic

Goji

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-28-2014 7:54 AM

Why only (Rodan, Mothra, Ghidorah.)

Why are these the only ones that we will see???

Did Toho select them or did Gareth??

I mean out of all the other monsters out there that's all that is allowed to be used, and one would think that Toho would allow for monsters like (Titanosaurus or Gabara or Kumonga)

Those that did not have significant starring roles in Toho's series should have been chosen.

“Give me where to stand and I will move the earth”.

13 Replies

KoldWarKid62

MemberBaragonOct-28-2014 8:11 AM

You just hinted at it yourself. It's because they're popular. People (even who aren't G-fans) will be familiar with most or all of them. I myself have mixed feelings about it. I'd like to see new original creatures I haven't seen, but a big part of me is curious how these familiar monsters will be updated for a modern audience. I've always wanted to see a CGI version of King Ghidorah (as long as CGI's been around anyway). On the whole I'm happy with how they updated Godzilla, so it should be interesting to see the other big three.

But bottom line, they're hoping they put butts in the seats.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaOct-28-2014 8:16 AM

^Nailed it. Toho probably mandated these three be used since they're the top tier monsters. Mothra is nearly as popular as Godzilla in Japan and whenever King Ghidorah goes head-to-head with Godzilla it tends to grab audience interest. Even if that's not 100% the case in North America, international markets will eat it up.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

FordBrodyLover99

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-28-2014 8:26 AM

Okay, im gonna try not to repeat what the people above said. but its pretty much the same. Mothra, Ghidorah and Rodan are a lot more popular, especially for fans. All monsters have fans and dislikers, but these are the ones most people like. They`re more recognisable, more interesting concepts(Well, Mothra and Ghidorah is).

Characters like Titanosaurus, Gabara and Kumonga are more mixed in fans, and wouldnt draw as much attention.

Goji

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-28-2014 8:37 AM

Who altered my topic header???

“Give me where to stand and I will move the earth”.

GG

ModeratorGiganOct-28-2014 8:56 AM

Alx I don't know where you get this assumption that they wont add more monsters in future films.

Good grief.

KingKaijuGojira

MemberTitanosaurusOct-28-2014 9:21 AM

We don't know for sure these are the only monsters that will be in the film besides Godzilla.

\"SKREEONGK!\" -Godzilla

NerdyBandGeeks

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-28-2014 11:15 AM

If I remember correctly, Legendary's Twitter account said during comic-con that "other Toho monsters will be joining Godzilla in future installments of the series" or something like that. They just announced those 3 to generate as much hype as possible.

JRR

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-28-2014 12:22 PM

Its no surprised they used this monsters, toho usually cancells or modefies projects to include those monsters

Also in many surveis Godzilla is Japans most popular kaiju with men and Mothra is the most popular with woman, it makes sence to include those monsters

Kumonga is just a gaiant spider, something overused in monster movies

Gabra is a wierd ugly looking monster that is from what many consider the worst godzilla movie

And titanosaurus looks to much like Godzilla

so its ilogical to ad unpopular monsters with fans, and if fans don't like them General audiances whill hate them even more

Evacuate?, Godzilla is just a Legend!-Woman in GMK

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganOct-28-2014 12:50 PM

^ I agree.

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-28-2014 1:04 PM

Toho has always consitently had a "Big Five" lineup of monsters that draw in the biggest marquee value: Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah, Rodan, and Mechagodzilla, in that order. Just on the outside of the Big Five are monsters like Anguirus and Gigan. So it's safe to bet that if a classic Toho monster will be brought back for Godzilla 3, Mechagodzilla is the most likely candidate. That being said, more Toho monsters being announced for Godzilla 2 are feasible. Rumors said that Legendary had purchased the rights to Anguirus along with the three others already announced, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him make a surprise appearance in Godzilla 2. The same thing could be said for monsters like Varan and Baragon as well. They're Toho monsters with a decent fan-following that don't require all the attention in a movie and are good fits for Legendary's grounded universe.

"When man falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born." - Professor Hayashida, The Return of Godzilla

Durp004

MemberBaragonOct-28-2014 1:34 PM

As much as I hate the Mothra and Ghidorah always get rehashed into movies thus continuing the tired cycle of Mothra and Ghidorah's popularity while no other monster is given a chance, it logically makes sense for legendary to get the biggest monsters possible for the sequel, rather than the more interesting obscure monsters.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonOct-29-2014 1:43 PM

Well, these other 3 kaiju's happen to be the big money makers from TOHO'S line up. So hopefully the budget will be bigger and the money the make will be more than 500 million. At least that is what many of us here hope for.

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

KManX89

MemberMothra LarvaeOct-30-2014 4:24 PM

I don't know where you get this assumption that we won't see more Toho monsters in Godzilla 3, I can pretty much assure you we will.

Plus, it's not like the 2nd movie needs more, the first movie had 2 other monsters, so having Godzilla share the spotlight with 3 others wouldn't downgrade the scale from the first movie at all, which the general rule of thumb for sequels is the stakes have to be successively raised with each installment, so yeah.

If King Ghidorah is in the second movie (and I don't see why the hell they would announce these 3 this early if they weren't fixing to have them all in the second movie together), I can pretty much guarantee you either MechaGodzilla or Destoroyah will be in the 3rd, hell, maybe they'll give us both if it's a DAM remake, which Edwards has repeatedly expressed interest in doing, so...

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
53% To Next Rank
Xenotaris
Xenotaris » Gigan
87% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
73% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums